New Member!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
sheila4724
New, but learning

New Member!

Post by sheila4724 »

I just received by second book in the mail today as I gave my first book to my daughter for her to go on this eating plan too!  On receiving the first book I could not put it down until I had read all of it.  She felt the same way.  So we are on our journey.  She lives in Fort Myers, Florida, and I am in Sebring, Florida. 

I feel like everything happens for a reason.  I had just subscribed to First Magazine, and the first magazine I received was the June version with the LDL article.  I was inspired after reading the article and went in search for the book and ordered it from another website because I was not aware of the LDL website.  While waiting for my book I started eating fruit to kick my sugar addiction and it was already working by the time I had gotten the book.  Amazing!  I think this is going to be easy for me. 

I am not an avid dieter. I have done Atkins a few times but lost interest because of its restrictions. People tell me I carry my weight well, but I would rather not carry it if I can get rid of it.  I  just had blood work done and all my levels were very good, and I would like that to continue for the rest of my life.  To me, the LDL way of eating seems like the way eating was intended. 

My job is an at-home job doing medical transcription.  I do reports on people in awful situations of poor health and I am determined to not be one of those people.

All through my life I felt like God has lead me in the right directions to put me where I am today, and this diet is another one of his blessings to me.  I am eager to continue.  Thank you God!
patsyfay
Master Member

Re: New Member!

Post by patsyfay »

Welcome to LDL, Sheila!  All of us on Let's Do Lunch know that it is a God-given opportunity to take care of these bodies of ours while we're on earth. How nice for you to have someone, and a daughter at that!, to journey with.  That always seems to make it a lot easier.  You seem to have make a great start.  If you have any questions, someone here on the site will probably have an answer.  Come back often.  God bless you.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Sheila, I loved reading your post.  You're a great writer.  It is truly amazing how God works.  Here we are, just a stone's throw away from Roger Troy (I live in Clearwater) and didn't know about Let's Do Lunch until HE was ready to move.  In Jan. 2008 I prayed for God to give me a way out of my horrible physical & emotional mess and then I saw Roger & Anita at 5 a.m. on TV.  You are almost in his front yard & learned about it from an international magazine.  Amazing!

YOU ARE SO SMART TO START GETTING YOUR HEALTH ISSUES IN ORDER NOW, BEFORE THEY BECOME LIFE THREATENING ! ! !  I just had to YELL that because I am so happy for you!  YAY ! ! !  I unexpectedly found myself in one of those awful situations of poor health that you wrote about.  But thanks to God and Let's Do Lunch I'm on the road to recovery.  Some day if you're hopelessly bored, you can read the beginning of my story in Medical Success Stories.

I am still disabled & need to find a way to earn money at home and have thought I would be good at medical transcription.  How did you get into it?  Can you do it on your own time frame?  I was a professional writer.  I'm an expert typist and a fairly quick study with respect to scientific terms.  It's ironic that one of the things that got me into trouble with my weight (working from home) might now be my way to financial salvation!  Thanks for any info you can give me.

I am so happy you have committed to Let's Do Lunch.  I look forward to reading more of your posts very soon.

Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
sheila4724
New, but learning

Post by sheila4724 »

Roger, I ordered my second book from you and got all the goodies to boot, plus your autograph, thanks for that! 
sheila4724
New, but learning

Post by sheila4724 »

Thanks for the compliment on my writing Gwen.  It is much appreciated.  I wish I could post more than I do, but to be honest, I just don't have the time.  I have to restrict myself to the website because I should be working!!  I came into my medical transcription job with direction from God. He lead my life to be in the right place at the right time.  You can always go on-line to find out how to get into it, or look for at home jobs in the newspaper where you live. I was just blessed.

I am down 5 pounds this week and I am so excited.  I LOVE THIS!  I am going to a family reunion on Sunday and I have to bring a covered dish so I am looking for recipes that will fit into the LDL lifestyle.  I will find one, and have some in mind, but if anyone out there has a yummy one they want to pass on, please do. 

Time to walk my dog...everyone have a blessed day!!!
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Thanks for the reply, Sheila!  It sounds intriguing.  Congratulations on your 5 pound loss!  Image

Boy, do we EVER have some great dishes to take to your reunion!  What do you want - hot or cold main dish, with or without protein, salads, luscious sides & accompaniments -- there are hundreds of recipes for you.

I made a big dish of Fiesta Corn for a church dinner that everyone loved.  I used a 5 lb. bag of frozen corn from Sam's Club, added beans, peppers, onions, & spices.  It was tasty & colorful AND I knew I could make a meal of it if I needed to in order to stay on my program.  But I didn't have to.  There was fresh fruit, coleslaw that I could discreetly squeeze out the excess dressing, 3 Bean Salad, Deviled Eggs -- all kinds of things I could eat.

Whatever you end up taking, be sure to put a dish of it into a totebag for yourself, because these recipes are so good you might not get any otherwise!  LOL

Gwen
Last edited by Gwennaford on May 16th, 2009, 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage