Did any of you gain at first?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
sk8rmom

Did any of you gain at first?

Post by sk8rmom »

Hi All,

I just ordered the book today and am very excited to get started. I've been inspired by many of your comments. I've lost 60 pounds since November on a very restrictive diet, and am now struggling to maintain the loss. (I know, I know, I shouldn't have done the crash thing, but that's another story for another day :wacko:) The thought of eating as much fruit as I want when I'm hungry kind of terrifies me. What did you all experience the first couple of weeks?

Also, how long does it usually take for the book to arrive? I'm VERY excited!
sval59

Re: Did any of you gain at first?

Post by sval59 »

Welcome to LDL!  I've been on the plan for over 5 months and I have lost consistently eating as much of the LDL foods as I wanted to eat.  I've had no desire to stray off the plan.  I can't even believe it myself but it is true.  I've had weight issues all my life and this is the first time that I feel confident that this is it.....the final plan I'll ever need.  Food no longer rules my life.....Praise God!  Good luck with the plan, but you really need to trust what the book tells you to do.  It is not a portion control restrictive diet.  Come back here often for encouragement and for great recipes that are satisfying and delicious.

Cheryl
sheila4724
New, but learning

Post by sheila4724 »

Hello, and welcome!  I am a newbie also :D.  I don't think you will gain. I just started and only see the weight going down. And I feel better.  I love the smoothies for breakfast!.  I ordered my first book from amazon and it arrived in 4 days.  I ordered my second book from LDL and it was here in 2 days.  Could be because I just live around the corner, maybe 2 hours away. I ordered two books because I gave my daughter the first one.  Do what the book says and no worries. 

Sheila
sk8rmom

Post by sk8rmom »

Thank you for your responses! I'm so excited to get the book. I'm tired of my food obsession ruling my life. I'm 55 years old, and it's been an issue since I was in elementary school, so maybe I can really conquer this once and for all!
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

sk8ermom,

I was in my mid-sixties when I started LDL and, like you, food wasn't my servant, I was food's servant.  I was so tired of fighting my cravings that I had given up.  Then, there was a God intervention...I saw Roger and Neets on WGN TV one afternoon and couldn't believe what they said about Let's Do Lunch.  I went on line and visited the site, then I ordered the book.  After one week on LDL all of my cravings were gone!!!!!  That was the the first time in my memory that I didn't crave more food after having just eaten a meal. To me, it was a major miracle. I was flabbergasted, delighted, hopeful, fearful all at the same time.  But it just kept happening as I staying on the program.  I have lost 55+ pounds and am hopeful of losing 20 more. I know you will find the same success on LDL, because that is one of the many great benefits...no more obsessing about food and no more cravings.  God bless you.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Nancy58

Post by Nancy58 »

I have never had to worry much about my weight, but have added a few pounds every year for the past 5-10 years as I got closer to 50.  I wanted to lose 20 lbs, and have been on a calorie restrictive (>1000 calories a day), low fat diet recommended by my doctor.  I have lost about 18 lbs. in 4 weeks, and am very interested in LDL, but want to know if I will add back those hard lost pounds for the first few weeks on LDL, since my calories will be unlimited.  Because I have been "programmed" to look at calories, it will be tough to disregard them and eat until full.  I have a hard time with diets that call for "strange" foods that have to be ordered from speciality stores. I like ingredients I can find at the local supermarket...foods I have heard of!  I have been successful in the short term, but know I need something to keep the weight off for good, and this makes so much sense.  I just don't want to gain back my weight, even for a few weeks.  Thanks for any insight you may have.
lucy55125

Post by lucy55125 »

Good morning.  I have a question.  I ordered a copy of the book from Amazon a few days ago and then when I found this site I ordered the book again to make sure I had all of the updates.  I am planning on giving one of the books to my son.  My question is - will I be able to tell easily what the updates are so that both of us have the most current information?

I am very excited to begin this journey.  I have been on jenny craig for the last 3 months and am tired of the struggle.  I know that I cannot live this way for the rest of my life.  I have read a lot of the posts that are here and believe that this is where I need to be.  I hope everyone has a blessed day!
With God all things are possible.  Mark 10:27
Nancy58

Post by Nancy58 »

Roger Troy,

Thank you for your prompt reply.  I wanted to clarify something I wrote in my earlier post.  I KNEW that I WOULD like LDL because of the foods included.  After reading the message boards and some of the recipes, I was encouraged to see foods I recognized, liked and could easily find.  That was never a complaint.  With determination, I will put up my scales and take your advise.  I am ordering the book and cards ASAP and look forward to beginning my new lifestyle.  (I even had a generous portion of apples and grapes this morning...without looking at the calorie chart!)

One additional question.  My father had 6 heart bypasses two weeks ago.  He will be on a restrictive diet.  The main things his dietician told him to avoid were transfats, processed grains (whole wheat only), and sodium.  After looking at some of the discussion posts, it appears that LDL may work for him as well.  He does not need to lose weight necessarily, but eat healthier.  In your experience, can LDL or parts of it work in a heart healthy diet?

Thanks again for your help.

Nancy
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Roger Troy, I think you may have misunderstood something that Nancy said near the end of her first post:

I have been successful in the short term, but know I need something to keep the weight off for good, and this makes so much sense.  I just don't want to gain back my weight, even for a few weeks.  Thanks for any insight you may have.

The way I read it is that she does want to keep the weight off for good and she was just concerned that eating all she wants could possibly make her regain weight she had already lost - and she didn't want to regain it, even temorarily while waiting for LDL to start working for her permanently.

Nancy, every Let's Do Lunch ingredient that I use is readily accessible at the grocery store.  If I can't get it there, I don't get it & don't miss it.  I only JUST LEARNED HOW to order Corn Thins from Amazon.com/grocery because I was greedy for a crunchy salty alternative to chips & crackers for dipping hummus & salsa & making LDL tacos.  I had easily managed my salty snack craving with nothing but popcorn for a whole year, but that popcorn just makes a TERRIBLE sandwich !  LOL  :laughing:

Our credit union cautioned us to NEVER NEVER NEVER use our debit cards to order online.  We choose not to have credit cards because it took us years to get debt free.  So I opened a separate account JUST for the debit card & I electronically transfer in there only the small amount I'm going to spend online.  Unfortunately I couldn't use my card for ordering the new red book.  This website would not accept the debit Mastercard.  So I had to go through the laborious process of setting up Pay Pal.  It took forever and was really difficult for us for some reason. 

Just so you'll know, Mr. Roger Troy, sir, it ain't so easy for everybody!  :rose:      Image
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage