Loving this lifestyle change!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Lisa
New, but learning

Loving this lifestyle change!

Post by Lisa »

We already have a menu made up for next week with recipes that I have found on this site, and I ordered the recipe cards yesterday, so I can't wait to get those in to try out some more new dishes!  I am blessed that my husband loves to cook, and he's gotten really excited about many of these meals... he's truly a cookbook addict!

Last night was the first time that I had tried the mashed "potatoes" made with butter beans.  It was a huge hit with the whole family!  I have twin 12-year old daughters and they went back for seconds!

I have only been following the LDL eating plan for a week, and already my clothes are fitting a bit looser and I have more energy than I have had in years!  I'm sure the extra nutrients in all the fruits & veggies have helped with the energy... since my "diet" previously consisted of unhealthy food like SpaghettiOs.

Thank you all so much for the information that you are putting out here on the site for us newbies!  This is such a wonderful service that you provide to people who are striving to live a healthier life.  This is the best support system I've ever seen!  *love*

Lisa
patsyfay
Master Member

Re: Loving this lifestyle change!

Post by patsyfay »

When I was in the hospital having our son, my husband did the cooking for the three girls. They still laugh about it today.  Throw a round steak in a skillet and fry it till its as tough as shoe leather, then serve it with cold instant mashed potatoes and peas out of a can right onto the plate.  :shock: Bless his heart...he tried.  The girls still talk about it to this day.  :laughing:
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.