Starting LDL tomorrow, 5/17/09

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
going2dabeach

Starting LDL tomorrow, 5/17/09

Post by going2dabeach »

Where do I start? Let's see... I was kinda skeptical when my mom told me about reading about this plan in First magazine.  I have tried a lot of the "diets" mentioned in First and none of them worked.  None.  I am a diet failure.  I am also a research fanatic.  So, I decided to research this lifestyle change and happened across this board.  Now all I can say is "wow".  All of you are an inspiration. 

Over the last week or so, I have been eating low carb.  I have a sluggish thyroid & am on high doses of synthroid for that and low carb is the only plan that has worked for me in the past.  Hubby & I are taking the kids to the beach in October during their fall break and I desperately want/need to lose weight before then.  Well, tomorrow is a new day.  And a new way of life.  I can honestly see myself eating like this forever... and I haven't even started yet. 

I have around 175 pounds to lose before I'm at the weight I probably should be for my height and bone structure.  I know it will not all come off over night but I want it all to come off eventually.  This plan just makes so much sense. I have prayed to God to show me how to get all of this junk off my body & to get healthy so I can better serve Him.  I truly believe He has led me here, even through my initial skepticism.  Unfortunately, I do not have the extra money right now for the book so this board is going to be my source of info until I can get the book.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and can't wait to embark on this new journey tomorrow to skinnytown! 
patsyfay
Master Member

Re: Starting LDL tomorrow, 5/17/09

Post by patsyfay »

Dear goingtodabeach!

Welcome to LDL. I was pretty much where you were when I found LDL.  I saw Roger Troy and Anita on WGN TV.  I, too, had prayed that God would help me with my weight loss.  I had basically given up as I sat and watched that Lunch Break segment on WGN.  One of the problems I always had was I never got enough to eat.  Let's face it...that is usually the reason most people stop dieting...not enough food!  When Roger said I could eat all I wanted whenever I wanted I knew I had to take a look at this.  I went on line and visited the website and by the end of the day I had ordered the book and I have not looked back since then.  I've lost 55+ pounds and I am still enjoying eating the LDL way.

Have you visited the Medical success stories?  There are others who have to deal with thyroid problems and you will find support there.

God bless your journey!!

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.