Needs advice for if I'm eating the right things...

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
electricj1316
Master Member

Needs advice for if I'm eating the right things...

Post by electricj1316 »

Hey! My name is Tina and I am new here. I have no idea how to put up a picture or a ticker like I see everyone else with. My husband and mother and I started yesterday but we are only going by what we read in the First Magazine so I don't know if we are doing everything right. Yesterday I had a banana for breakfast and I grilled steak and chicken kabobs and spinach pasta salad with lots veggies, then for supper I had a salad and more fruit. Today I had an apple for breakfast (I didn't have much time before church to have more), for lunch I had a grilled chicken breast w/mushrooms, baby carrots and a side salad, then for dinner I had homemade veggie soup and some cherries. I also ate a half of a grapefruit with lunch and dinner. Is all of that ok? Does anyone have any other suggestions about meals? I need to go grocery shopping and don't know what to buy. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
Bonnie CHA!

Re: Needs advice for if I'm eating the right things...

Post by Bonnie CHA! »

Hi Tina, and welcome to you and your family!

I am new here as well, but I think I can help a little.  You will get lots of great advice and suggestions right here until your book comes.

On the message board, click on "Home", then scroll down and you'll see a Recipes Section.  It lists great ideas for Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, etc.  These posts include recipes that include all LDL (Let's Do Lunch) approved foods.

It sounds like you are off to a good start.  Going forward, nix the pasta.  All fresh fruits and veggies are always best... as much as you want.  No counting calories or portions!  Your protien (lean beef, chicken,and fish) should be enjoyed during lunch.

Here is a post here on the boards that really helped me:

Basically the big NO NO’s are: breads, grains, nuts, seeds, starches (this includes: breaded foods, dextrose, gluten, pasta, potatoes, rice, etc.), sugar

What you are permitted:

Real Foods Original Corn Thins, corn, popcorn, peas and Beans (you can't even taste the beans in most of the recipes): Great source of protein (especially eaten in conjunction with corn - makes a complete protein)

Fresh Fruits and Fruit Smoothies, and frozen seedless grapes

Lean red meat, chicken & turkey (skin removed), fish – these heavy proteins should be eaten only at lunch whenever possible

Vegetables, Soups & Salads, with dressing on the side

You need to eat whenever you are hungry and as much as you want UNTIL YOU ARE FULL

Your meals should consist of the following:

Breakfast and Supper: start with fresh fruits and fruit smoothies, and then add only recipes with beans, corn, corn thins, peas, vegetables, popcorn (with ICBINB spray or olive oil spray and sea-salted) soups and salads (dressing on the side) (there are exceptions). If necessary for breakfast, eggs over mashed and heated fat-free refried beans (or pinto beans), whole-grain cereal (no sugar), recipes like Ground-chicken Sausages, Butter-bean Potato Cakes, Popcorn-flour Pancakes (with pureed blueberries and/or strawberries on top). Dinner recipes include Butter-bean Mashed Potatoes, Soups, Salads, Veggies, Popcorn, Edamames, etc....everything except heavy proteins.

Lunch: is where you eat your (lean) meat proteins, along with recipes with beans, corn, corn thins, peas, vegetables, popcorn and salads (there are exceptions). Recipes include Beef Potato Pie, Tamale Pie, Meatloaf, Burgers, Sloppy Joes, Bean Soups, Thickest Tomato Soup Ever, Butter-bean Mashed Potatoes, etc., etc.

Note: On days when you have to have your heavy meat protein at dinnertime, start your dinner with fresh fruits and fruit smoothies. At lunchtime simply have what you would have had at Supper, but without the fruits and fruit smoothies.

Remember, in the beginning it's important to eat until you are full in ALL the food groups, whenever you are hungry, no matter how often that is and no matter how many calories you consume...even if you start by eating 10,000 calories a day...and you do this until all of your cravings for the foods that have derailed you in the past are gone! .

Also, remember, just because a food or drink is "fat-free & sugar-free" or "low-calorie" does not necessarily mean non-fattening. Lots of low-calorie foods have very fattening ingredients in them; likewise, lots of sugar-free foods have very fattening ingredients in them, and lots of fat-free foods have regular sugar in them (very fattening).  Always remember that it's not "calories in, calories out", but it's "ingredients in, ingredients out".

As Roger Troy has said many time: You need to eat as often as you want and as much as you want of all the non-fattening Unprocessed starchy carb recipes. Seems the body can't tell the difference between non-fattening starchy carbs and fattening starchy carbs . When you eat the non-fattening starchy carbs you eliminate your cravings for the fattening starchy carbs.

He also states: You also need to eat as often as you want and as much as you want of all the sweetest fresh fruits (or fruit smoothies) until your body just doesn't crave the sweets anymore. Once again the body can't tell the difference between fruit and/or regular sugar, so when you eat the fruit sugars it eliminates your cravings for the regular sugar foods.

You'll see - once you start eating as much as you want, when you want, you’ll soon find you’ll be too full for cravings. And after awhile, your body will start to desire the suitable (substitute) foodies.

Veterans, please correct anything I may have written in error.

Remember, this is just an outline. I implore all newbies to purchase the book. The book covers a whole lot more. It contains nuances this overview doesn’t. And, some items in the overview may seem contradictory/confusing until you read the book. Once you read the book, concepts will be a whole lot more understandable.

I hope this helps!

Good luck to you, and God bless!

Bonnie
On the journey....

electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Bonnie,

Thank you so much for all of your information!!! I ordered my book yesterday and I can't wait to get it!! You advice has helped me tremendously. I didn't know that I am supposed to eat every time I'm hungry! I was just eating every couple of hours and was starving in between and so was my husband. He is as glad as I am that we can eat when we are hungry! Do you have any tips on snacks that are not sweet like fruit if you crave something salty. That has been our problem, we crave chips and peanuts in the evening. Should we only eat fruit for snacks?
Thanks,
Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
Bonnie CHA!

Post by Bonnie CHA! »

Tina,

If you click on this link, or copy and paste it into your web browser, I think it will take you to a post where Roger Troy addresses Salt Cravings:

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/http: ... 103#p45103

I hope it works!  :thumbsup:
On the journey....

Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Welcome Tina,

Bonnie did a fantastic job of getting you off to a great start.  She is right about nixing the pasta. 

Happy to have you aboard the train to Skinnytown with us.  It is a great ride.

Hugs, Carrole
cybersecretary

Post by cybersecretary »

Hi - I have done the same thing, saw the front cover of the magazine at my supermarket  checkout.  I have ordered the book but need to know what to do in the meantime - I am eager to get started now! 

thanks for all these tips, I will check out the recipie ideas until my book arrives.  So far today I have eaten apples, bananas and a chicken salad for lunch.  I hope I can do this!
:)
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Thanks everyone!! I feel so welcome here!! Everyone is great!!

God bless and love to all,
Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie