I'm a newbie and needs help...do you gain weight in the beginning

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
TBR

I'm a newbie and needs help...do you gain weight in the beginning

Post by TBR »

I'm waiting for my book to arrive, but want to start LDL diet. I'm afraid of gaining weight with all the calories. I tried the low carb diet and did great for a few weeks. My stomach was the flattest it had ever been, but i love carbs too much. I'm a compulsive eater and will continue eating, even if I'm not hungry. LDL allows you to eat as much as you want, but I"m afraid of gaining weight. I can eat fruit, beans & popcorn all day...my problem is portion control and will eat all day long. I'm sleep deprived, a snacker and always hungry. Please help!!!! Thank you :)
DEBBIEWEBE

Re: I'm a newbie and needs help...do you gain weight in the beginning

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

I'm sleep deprived, a snacker and always hungry
  You snack all day cause your blood sugar is not stable.  If you just follow the book as its written and make sure you eat until you are FULL.....you wont have that problem anymore.  Its like Magic!!!  Plus you will sleep like youve never slept before if you eat LDL....soundly and not up all night peeing.
TBR

Post by TBR »

Thanks Debbiewebe :) but do you gain weight in the beginning? Today is my first day on ldl and I've already consumed so much...it's still early in the day and haven't even had lunch yet. (I get up at 5:30a.m. everyday) I had 2 eggs, a banana, 8 large strawberries,2 bags of popcorn, 1/2 a cup of beans, grapefruit, small apple, 2 cups of frozen grapes and 4 popcorn thins. I'm hungry every 2 hours. Is that normal with this diet. I have an event this weekend, I'm worried that i will end up gaining, instead of dropping weight with all the calories I'm consuming.
zoogarden
New, but learning

Post by zoogarden »

Thanks, Debbie, for your answer to TBR.  I have been doing LDL for about two weeks now and I can't believe that I am sleeping through the night without having to get up three times to go to the bathroom.  That in itself is a real bonus! 
To TBR:  I have found that my appetite has diminished greatly and my cravings are gone.  It really does seem like a miracle.  After dieting for over 40 years I was ready to give up.  I am confident, after reading the many posts, that this way of life is for me!  Good luck to you.
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Hmmmm good question which I sure could be easily answered from going back and rereading my beginning posts.  I believe if memory serves me I gained a little bit the first couple of days but I truly believe I walked this planet prior to LDL in a state of dehydration.  Between the salt, fried foods, diet coke, coffee, caffiene, that were a staple of my diet and lack of delicious fruits and veggies my body was dried up.  Once I started LDL it was like instant hydration.  My skin, eyes, and brain all benefited from the diet.  Seriously my mental health goes through the roof whenever I start LDL.  If I did gain weight it didnt affect my clothes cause my stomach dissapears within a couple days.  I think initially my stomach gets a little bloated while my body tried to detox/elimate what was left of all the bad food remaining inside me but once the fruit flushed all that out my pants were noticeably looser.  I really dont worry about the scale.  It takes some people longer for the body to realize you have made a permanent change.  It will release the fat when its sure youre not gonna cave and go back to your old ways.  Be patient and enjoy the effects of this new way of eating.  The effects are IMMEDIATE.  Youre gonna feel like someone gave you a bottle of prozac.  Anyone who knows me on these boards knows when Im eating LDL I cant stop posting....if you dont see me here Im eating junk again.  Ive often felt the same thing that Rebecca mentioned in her post regarding why would anyone discourage you from eating like this when it feels like the most natural thing in the world.  Its like someone flipped a switch. It feels like Ive been given the perfect formula nourishment just for me!!!
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Thanks Roger!!

You have made me feel better! My husband and I started on Sat. and our book has not come in yet. We are learning allot here while we're waiting. Last night my husband weighed and has already lost 5lbs. I was so excited for him and couldn't wait to weigh myself this morning. When I did I found that I have gained 2lbs and I have been bummed all morning. I will do as you said and put the scale away. It makes me feel better that you said that. When I read the magazine I was under the impression that the average was to lose about 12lbs a week so when I gained I felt like, "great here goes another thing that isn't gonna work for me". I wasn't going to give up but that was my first thought. So thank you for posting here and letting me know that it is not about how much weight you lose in the beginning but that it is about getting my body healthy and training it to crave the healthy foods.

God bless,
Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
sweetiepie
New, but learning

Post by sweetiepie »

Tina,
I, like  you, and new and anxious to see if I'm losing weight...but I'm trying to do like RT and everyone else says....stay away from the scales!! It's super hard, I know!! But we can do it!!! Just stay away!! Before too long we won't need to weigh, because we will KNOW we've lost weight!!

Good luck!!
*Sweetiepie*
**Nikki**
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Roger asks you not to weigh frequently because your weight can flucutate from day to day as your body acommodates itself to LDL. Ask someone to hide your scale or give it to your neighbor for a few months.  :D  I found that when I wasn't jumping on the scale five times a day, I had one less thing to stress about.  I just ate the way Roger outlined in the book and the weight came off.  I had a day every month when I celebrated the loss...and I always celebrated.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Thanks Sweetiepie and Pat! I put my scale away a little while ago and I marked my calendar for a month from the day that I started so that I can weigh in. I am pretty excited about it! It gives me something to look forward to. I can't wait to get on here a month from now and let everyone know my progress!!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
dj goose
New, but learning

Post by dj goose »

DEBBIEWEBE wrote: My skin, eyes, and brain all benefited from the diet.  Seriously my mental health goes through the roof. The effects are IMMEDIATE.  Youre gonna feel like someone gave you a bottle of prozac. 

Debbiewebe thanks for this about the skin, eyes, and brain.  I think I am already feeling better.  Hope to feel like I am on prozac soon. HA!HA! :D
ImageImageImageImageImage
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Ok...I was bad today!!! My honey took the scale and weighed himself today and he has lost 10lbs in 6 days!!! *woot* So even though I wanted to wait a month and I saw that I gained 2lbs yesterday, I figured what the heck! I woke up this morning feeling great and I could really tell my stomach had went down, then when I put my jeans on I needed a belt!! *woot* They were so tight that I had to, as my husband says, do the pants dance to get them on!! haha  Well, I have lost 4lbs!!  *woot* I told him I want to wait a month before we do it again and he agreed!! I want to put a ticker up so I can show my 4lbs!! I have to go figure out how to do that!! I hope it is easier than putting up my avatar!! Gwen had to help me with that one!!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
babyaustin
New, but learning

Post by babyaustin »

I started the plan on Wednesday and although I have not lost weight yet, my pants are really big around the waist. My bloat in the stomach is gone and I feel lighter. So my point is, heck with the scale  :tongue: , it does not determine my happiness anymore ;D
Deb
Deb
babyaustin
New, but learning

Post by babyaustin »

Thank you Mary and good bye scale for 1 month  :D and soon goodbye to size 18 pants.
Deb
Deb