Corn thins

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
racingbombshell
New, but learning

Corn thins

Post by racingbombshell »

Just a question.. Are we allowed to have 2 corn thins at our main meal? Or can we snack on a few at any time of the day?? Sorry for all the questions I have not received my book yet and I just bought the Original Corn thins at Wholefoods last night! How is everyone doing today?? I hope well  :inlove:

Thanks,
Jamie  ;D
EnJae
Master Member

Re: Corn thins

Post by EnJae »

Feel free to ask any question you have here!  We aren't gonna bite your head off.  ;D

CornThins are just popcorn. You can have this in limitless amounts. (Although I think Gwennaford decided she has to set limits for herself.) I can eat a LOT of popcorn but I have never eaten so much that I feel as miserable as I did back when I stuffed myself with potatoes and bread (pre-LDL days).

NJ
Teri C

Post by Teri C »

What's the difference between Real Foods corn thins and Original corn thins?
LMSP

Post by LMSP »

I just got my corn thins today...I did the whole case thing from Amazon since I don't have anywhere close to get them here.  I had 3 of them w/my lunch of eggs and beans.... they do the trick for the "crunch".  It was my understanding too that we can have as many as we like - whenever we like since popcorn.  Good thing cause the case has 12 packages!
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Teri C wrote:What's the difference between Real Foods corn thins and Original corn thins?
Hi Teri.  Real Foods is the company that makes the original corn thins.  They also make different kinds of corn thins, like sesame flavor, that are not LDL approved.  Don't buy those.  The Real Foods original corn thins are what you want to eat.  I know there's supposed to be one other flavor that is acceptable but I've never eaten it and I don't remember what it is.
mrsj
abertrand
New, but learning

Post by abertrand »

:D  I also got my case of corn thins today.  They taste exactly like the rice cakes that I used to eat a long time ago!!  I prefer popcorn a lot more than the corn cakes, but these will be good for melting cheese on and eating tuna and other things!!

I'm going camping/hiking at Smoky Mountain National Park in 10 days.  These are sooooo light and will be great to carry in my backpack for snacks.
Teri C

Post by Teri C »

Someone stated the corn thins taste like a rice cake. So does everyone think they taste like a rice cake or corn something? A rice cake sounds so boring.
Mynx

Post by Mynx »

I hated the rice cake I had a long time ago. But I love corn thins, to me they are quite different in texture, crunch and taste. I love corn thins! I would have a hard time on LDL without it honestly as I love bread type items so much. This takes it's place in meals and I snack on them too.
Believing I Can

Post by Believing I Can »

Corn Thins are the bomb!!! My husband calls them "golden disks". We eat them with everything. One of our favorite meals is an RT burger on Corn Thins, cauliflower salad (Needwife's recipe), and corn on the cob.  YUM!!!
So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key.
The Eagles (Song: Already Gone)
abertrand
New, but learning

Post by abertrand »

:D I still think that they taste exactly like rice cakes, but I have always been a huge fan of rice cakes.  My husband thinks that all of that stuff tastes like styrofoam.  To me, corn thins have the same taste and texture of plain rice cakes.  I love them!
t-rock
Master Member

Post by t-rock »

They are much thinner than typical rice and corn cakes so it's like eating compressed styrofoam instead of the really thick stuff.  Just kidding, they are actually really good.
Teri C

Post by Teri C »

Thanks for all the information. I am still looking for them, not ready to buy by the case. Also still waiting for my book. Very new at all of this. I made the mashed potatoes (cut the portion way down) and they were very good. Also made the Pizza Soup which I guess I will be eating for a long time. Should have cut that recipe in half too, but it is very good too.
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Teri, you can freeze some of the pizza soup for later. I have done that and it works very well.  It's always a treat to have something ready made for those busy times.  Thaw and eat.........now that's fast food!
mrsj
rodie

Post by rodie »

My local co-op just called and the corn thins that I ordered are in(had to order a case) so I'm hopin I like um.I will go and get them after work tomorrow.I also made the pizza soup and it was great,but I did freeze 1/2 the batch for next week.
Hugzzzz
Rodie :)