5th Day on LDL and Feeling Awful

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Just Rhonda
New, but learning

5th Day on LDL and Feeling Awful

Post by Just Rhonda »

I started Monday on LDL.  I am so tired every day I could just cry.  Maybe from months and months of eating fast food almost every single day my body is adjusting?  I sure hope this doesn't last long because I'm having trouble staying awake during the day, especially at work.  I'm sleeping really well at night, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Any thoughts/advice/suggestions?  Thank you!
patsyfay
Master Member

Re: 5th Day on LDL and Feeling Awful

Post by patsyfay »

Rhonda,

click on the following and you will find an explanation that will help you feel better:

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... pic=5320.0

Welcome to LDL!!

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Just Rhonda
New, but learning

Post by Just Rhonda »

Thank you, Patsy, for the welcome and the link.  It was very informative.
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Just Rhonda wrote:I started Monday on LDL.  I am so tired every day I could just cry. 

rhonda....give me a basic idea of how you've been eating...i have an underactive thyroid and as soon as i started on let's do lunch, i felt pretty good....and not too many people can out eat me when it comes to junk food...........
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Just Rhonda
New, but learning

Post by Just Rhonda »

Hi Niki,

My menu for yesterday:

Breakfast: 2 eggs fried in 1 T. EVOO with FF refried beans, a banana, and 2 apricots
Lunch:  Chicken breast, black-eyed peas, and corn
Supper:  Bean soup, 2 ears of corn, a tomato, and 1 apricot
Lots of water

Wednesday:

Breakfast:  Banana, strawberries, and water
Lunch:  Huge salad w/ chicken breast, carrots, black beans, corn, FF dressing
Supper:  Orange, hard-boiled egg, pinto beans

Thank you for any input!
photojenics
New, but learning

Post by photojenics »

I'm still waiting for my book, so I don't have and LDL wisdom to contribute. However, looking at your posted meals I have to wonder if you are eating enough calories? When I was dieting a few years ago (different diet plan) I started feeling really awful about 2 months in. I checked my calorie count and found out I was only eating about 900 calories for the last couple of days. As soon as I upped my calories (still eating healthy, just more of it) I started feeling better right away.

SparkPeople is free and has a lot of great tools for keeping food journals, counting calories and other things (fats, sodium, sugar, etc.), helps track exercise, etc. They don't recommend one diet plan, lots of ppl there are following their own paths. HTH!
Jen in N TX

shemac
New, but learning

Post by shemac »

Hi Rhonda,

I'm new here too, but something that took me a few days to realize was that in the beginning you are supposed to eat whenever you get hungry, not just at meal times. You still need to stay with LDL foods, but if you get hungry in between meals, eat as much of those good foods as you need to feel satisfied. Your appetite will change later, but for now you may need to eat more.

Sheila
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

This is something I've been copying to everyone who's trying to get started before their book arrives:

The portions depicted by the magazine staff are very small, and we really aren't supposed to be eating bread products at all.  We satisfy those cravings with peas, beans, corn, popcorn, and Best Foods Original (flavor) Corn Thins.  Here's a picture of what they look like & a place to buy them if you can't find them in the grocery or health food store:  http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/http: ... 727#p42727

We are supposed to eat until FULL at all three meals to enable us to avoid wanting to snack.  But don't be confused.  That is only for people well established on Let's Do Lunch who have their blood sugar stabilized & all cravings under control.

When you're first starting out, you are supposed to eat until full of ALL the Let's Do Lunch foods to satisfy and any and all cravings - as much as you want, as often as you want.  Unbelieveable, no?  But it's true.

This link will help you get started deciding what and when to eat.  Please review the recipe boards, too to help you formulate a shopping list to customize a menu that you will love!

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/http: ... 9753#p9753

Sometimes feeling awful at first is just your body getting rid of the toxins it has stored from years of eating processed foods.  There are no calories to count or lists to track.  You eat whatever you want of ALL the acceptable foods.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi Rhonda,

What your eating looks great.  I'm not sure about how much you're eating, but it may not be enough.  Isn't it awesome to be a on a foodplan where you hear....you may not be eating enough?   :D

One thing I did in the beginning and I still do sometimes when I'm feeling that afternoon lull is to eat some fruit.  The reason Roger says not to eat fruit during the day is so that you dont' get sick of it.  I NEVER get sick of it.   :laughing:  So if you find you are dragging in the afternoon, try eating some fruit and see if that doesn't help.  Also, make sure you are eating plenty of protein.  This will also help give you energy.  You do have to give your body time to adjust to this new way of eating, but you are not to ever starve yourself on LDL...ever.   Keep us posted and hang in there hon.  *Hugs*  Your body will adjust and before you know it you are going to have boundless energy. 

(In Faith)  LP
Last edited by LittlePrincess on May 22nd, 2009, 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by electricj1316 »

Rhonda,
I have to agree with everyone else, it looks like you may not be eating enough. Make sure that you always eat when you are hungry and eat until you are satisfied. Don't worry about getting to many calories, just eat the ldl approved foods and eat until you are satisfied no matter how much that is. This is something that was hard for me to grasp at first but you will see this works if you follow these suggestions. And I promise that you will start to feel better, you are going to feel better than you ever have if you follow the ldl guidelines.

Good Luck and hang in there!!
You will be glad you did!!
Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
Just Rhonda
New, but learning

Post by Just Rhonda »

Thank you all for your answers and your support.  This is a wonderful resource for all of us newbie LDLers.
Jerzygrl09

Q@!

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

Hi - I posted a similar email a few days ago. Thank God I didn't have to go to work (holiday weekend) I felt awful. I was going to abandon this eating plan. But after receiving all the responses I hung in there and today I feel super terrific! I went through about 2-3 days of headache and feeling really down, depressed. Today, I wasn't hungry for breakfast, made myself eat lunch and wasn't even hungry for supper. I have energy to spare.  I'm starting week 3 today. Hang in there. The people here are terrific support. Could not have hung in there without them!
Jerzygrl09

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

P.S. Thank you PatsyFay - without your responses, I would have given up!!!!!
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Just Rhonda wrote:Breakfast:  Banana, strawberries, and water
Lunch:  Huge salad w/ chicken breast, carrots, black beans, corn, FF dressing
Supper:  Orange, hard-boiled egg, pinto beans

THIS is the menu i like better...i strongly recommend starting the day with a big fruit meal....when i originally bought the let's do lunch book in 2006, the book said to eat protein once a day and that included eggs....roger has since changed that......so, if i ate eggs, i ate them for my main meal......eating an egg or two for dinner is no big deal......i mean, if you felt you wanted to eat some protein(BESIDES beans)that would be no big deal either...i just REALLY like starting the day off with a LOT of fruit.... 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..