corn thins

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
sibelclair

corn thins

Post by sibelclair »

Hello

I have found something in my area that looks like corn thins.. its corn crackers.

the ingredients are : organic corn, sea salt, organic corn oil.

Would it be ok as a LDL food ?
Gwennaford
Master Member

Re: corn thins

Post by Gwennaford »

I don't think so, SC.  The corn is probably ground into a powder or paste, then formed & fried, right?  That's the ultimate in processing and very far away from our sweet little fresh corn kernels that we know & love on LDL.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
sibelclair

Post by sibelclair »

Well, I don't know.. it doesn't look fried.

on the pack it's written
saturated fat : 0.066 oz
trans 0
cholesterol 0
sodium 0.018 oz
carbohydrate 0,5 oz
fibre 0.033 oz
sugars 0
protein 0.067 oz

I had to convert to onces because everything is in written in grams here
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

We will have to look at them, SibelClair.  What is their exact name?  Can you find them online and post a link?
ImageImage
sibelclair

Post by sibelclair »

Unfortunately, these puffed crackers are made exclusively for a natural food store (the product comes from Italy), there is a webpage for the store but there isn't a description of the crackers..

Oh well.. thanks for your help.. I think I will stay away from them..  :wrong:
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

sibelclair wrote:I have found something in my area that looks like corn thins.. its corn crackers.
the ingredients are : organic corn, sea salt, organic corn oil.
Would it be ok as a LDL food ?

i go along with gwen.....if it's in the shape of a cracker, i would say it's too processed for let's do lunch.....i saw the exchange betw the two of you and see you decided to stay away from them......some people can eat stuff like that and still lose...the only way i lost weight was by eating ONLY the foods you could have in unlimited amounts eliminating occasional foods completely.........the FIRST thing ANYONE having trouble losing should do is eliminate the occasional foods...
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
sibelclair

Post by sibelclair »

It is actually the same same size as the corn thins (big circle) I don't know how to describe it in english..
Yes, I have decided to order the real corn thins witch are more expensive than the one I got here because of the money convertion..

Thanks Niki for your advice.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Niki - Please feel free to jump in frequently.  We need your help answering questions on the boards ! ! !  I've been averaging 8 hours a day just reading them.  Twelve if I answer some of them.  I try to only glance at them & not feel compelled to put in my 2-cent's worth if another senior luncher has already posted.  But I can't stand the thought of someone getting frustrated & going away feeling ignored.
ImageImage