Does this really work?

Great filling main dish recipes!
Doe64

Does this really work?

Post by Doe64 »

I've tried everything! Does this really work? Small breakfast, large lunch, fruit/veggie dinner. Am I right? Are there trial day meal plans available here or does one have to buy the book?

Thank you for your answers! Much appreciated!  :)
patsyfay
Master Member

Re: Does this really work?

Post by patsyfay »

Doe,

Let me introduce myself.  My name is Pat and I used to be a professional dieter.  I had tried every diet known to man.  I had lost and gained on all of them.  Then I tried LDL and all the other "diets" were left so far behind I don't even remember their names.  I've lost 55 pounds so far and I'm on my last 25.  LDL has become my way of life.  IT WORKS!!!  Give it a try and you may find out the same thing I did.  I decided to give it just "three months out of my life".  Compared to all the other things I had given time to in my life, I figured I was worth three months.  After two weeks, I was crying with joy for having found LDL...or I might say that it had found me, cause I'm convinced that it was a "God appointment."  Do yourself a favor and give it a try.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Love those "God appointments" Pat!

Doe64,
I just wanted to point out that breakfast can be small if you're not very hungry but it does not have to be small.  You can eat as much as you want.  That's what I love about this eating plan!  Eat until full!

As for trial day meal plans, many are posting food journals to show what they are eating.  You could see if that helps you.

Personally when I started, I just clicked on to the recipe sections and tried the ones that interested me...........which meant the easiest ones I could find............you know, open cans, put in a pot, heat & eat.  The 1st recipe I tried was Black Bean Soup - Mexican Style.  Here's the link if you're interested:
http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index.php?topic=493.0

There is so much information and help on these message boards.  Just start and ask any questions as you begin your jouney.  You will discover how this can work for you!
Welcome and best wishes,
mrsj

sval59

Post by sval59 »

Hi Doe64....I could just copy and paste what Pat wrote above and I have lost 35 pounds in 6 months....and never been hungry or felt deprived.  I eat plenty everyday and I love the foods I'm eating.  I feel great and cannot imagine not eating this way now.  Good luck and welcome!

Cheryl
violetminx

Post by violetminx »

Hi,

I'm new to this and found Let's Do Lunch after I plateaued out on another diet.  I love eating like this and it has been a quick 3 weeks.  Even before my book arrived I was doing the plan and found that I was eating some nuts and stopped that once I found they are high in fat.  Eating fruit has been great and I feel better everyday and don't have issues being hungry at night eating fruit and popcorn.  I have been able to attend functions and still maintain eating right. 

For my first bean dish I made Cuban black beans with mango.  Nice and spicy.  I don't add salt but use fresh lime and hot sauce to kick up the flavor with a chopped up jalapeno and cherry tomatoes.  Lots of garlic and onions to keep it interesting.  This would make a nice soup too by just adding more water with cumin and chili powder.

Grace
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Grace,

Welcome to LDL.  Nice to have you with us!  Your Cuban Black Beans w/ Mango looks great!  Could you post the recipe?  I always look for new ways to enjoy my beans.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Gemini the Younger

Post by Gemini the Younger »

patsyfay wrote:Grace,

Welcome to LDL.  Nice to have you with us!  Your Cuban Black Beans w/ Mango looks great!  Could you post the recipe?  I always look for new ways to enjoy my beans.

Pat

Ditto Pat's message, Grace...and I love the name Violetminx.  Does it have a special meaning you can share?  :rose:

GEM

PS:  I love your name too, Pat, because whenever I read it I know that you have just delivered a Care Package to someone needy.  I should know...you sent one to me on my very first visit, and your kindness is one of the reasons I stayed.
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

GEM,

I appreciate your comments!  They mean a lot to me.  I think of this as a ministry and I do so want to reflect the love of God to everyone. Thanks for the kind words.

Pat

terrims54

Post by terrims54 »

I bought the book and you get recipes cards with it. It really explains eveything. This is a new way of life. I have also tried every diet and lost and gained back the weight. I know this will work. I am not hungry.
mahalia

Post by mahalia »

Roger Troy Wilson wrote:Hi Doe. Please don't try doing Let's Do Lunch without the book! The ONE thing the book says over and over is to read Chapters 2 thru 6 at least 3 times, in order to pick up on everything you need to remember.

These message boards are only here to supplement what the book says...to offer the answering of questions, to get new recipes as they come along, to get new foods as they come out on the marketplace, but most of all to help our Father and Jesus in Heaven bless others with Let's Do Lunch!

Please, please, please read the book at least 3 times through. Otherwise, you most likely WILL FAIL!

God bless and enjoy,

Roger Troy
  how long does it take to get the book. It was ordered 2 days ago.
t-rock
Master Member

Post by t-rock »

Hi Doe:

Everyone has given you great advice.  Put it to the test.  I started at the end of May and told myself I would "put it to the test" until labor day.  Well, almost three weeks in LDL has passed the test.  I have had a few slip ups but this is a very easy plan to follow.  The book is very well written,  and if I miss anything, I go to the site and reach out and questions are answered immediately, people are sharing ideas, and genuinely support one another's success.  I am guessing I am down 7 or 8 pounds, but I promised myself I would stay off the scale for at least one month.  As a matter of fact, I am going to stay off the scale until Christmas, and when people say "hey, how much weight have you lost", I can honestly say, I don't know. And, I don't care, because if I feel better, look better, and am able to start slipping in to some old favorites that have been gathering dust for years, then what does the number matter.  I know it's lower than it was.    I rid my bookshelves of over 20 diet books a few days ago because I will NEVER NEED THEM AGAIN !!!!  My question for you is, with a program this is not restrictive, allows unlimited fruit and good carbs, and works without putting anything refined, processed, or high fat in to your system, is their any harm in trying ?

Best wishes and I hope you choose to give LDL a chance.

Best,

Tiss
Last edited by Anonymous on June 21st, 2009, 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
adeleeuw

Post by adeleeuw »

I am getting discouraged. i have been on this diet for almost three weeks and am only losing a pound a week.  I am a busy person and cooking does not fit well into my schedule.  Yet, I am cooking and freezing alot of food. Is it possible that I am eating too much fruit. Also, I find that I am a little more "irregular" in my digestive areas. Suggestions?
Amy D
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

adeleeuw....if you will list some of your daily menus we will look at them and see what could be  changed.......you may not be eating enough or have a food that is not approved..if done right  LDL does work.......

Cookie
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

remember this is not a diet, but a way of eating.  a pound a week is a good loss, although the magazine article led everyone to believe you could have larger losses.  I would like to ask you if you have bought the book, if not, then please buy it, and read chapters 2 through 6 or 7 multiple times,  if you have bought the book, go back and reread those chapters again.  In the first 3 or 4 weeks on this eating plan, you really need to eat until full everytime you are hungry of any ldl food, this helps break your cravings for sweets, and breads,  Also make sure you are only eating when you are hungry, and not snacking all the time.  as you progress on ldl you will find your appetite naturally decreases, and you eat less.  You will still have times when the hungries hit, but then you can make good choices, and choose ldl fruits and veggies to eat.  Make sure you eat enough protein at lunch to carry you through the afternoon.  God bless as you continue your ldl journey.
adeleeuw

Post by adeleeuw »

I appreciate the postive feedback.  I purchased the book at a time when I had been thinking about changing my eating habits.  I was a high carb, high sugar, eater.  I have been taking  pilates and focusing on the lifestyle change that can come by ridding my body of alot of toxins and chemicals.  so to respond to the feedback, I have been eating 95% of the time by the book. I made recipes that are right out of the LDL book or off the website.

I usually have a banana for breakfast.
For lunch 5 days of the week I eat my main meal. That is usually a stew, or chili, or chicken dish taken from the book. I eat all I want for that main meal...some days it feels like alot of eating, but all on the approved list. 

In the afternoon, if hungry I eat an apple or pineapple or melon. 

For dinner on days when I do my main meal for lunch, usually snack. For example, last night, i sauteed zuchini with Onion in chix broth.  I ate some black olives and later a little more fruit.  I have to say that I often will have a lowfat cheese stick to curb the hunger but it is low fat and only 80 calories.  sometimes I have had a small handful of raw almonds, but it is a small handful.

so that is my eating. I weigh 140 and want to get to 120.  I started at 143 almost 3 weeks ago. the movement just seems slower than it has been with other diets where I have always started out at 2lbs a week then plateau-- after the first 10 lbs. 
Amy D
adeleeuw

Post by adeleeuw »

I am pretty short. 5'2"  42 years old.  Yes, I know I should cut out the nuts and cheese sticks.  I really should eat the popcorn.  Say a prayer for me as next week I will be on vacation with my family and I will have to cook some "standard" food for them
Amy D
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Hey Everybody;

I haven't posted much about this but I have the beginnings of a theory to be worked out and tested....
I suspect that eating foods that I did not know I was allergic to has slowed my weightloss.
Before Thanksgiving of 2008 I weighed 203 (a weightloss of 60 pounds).
From November to June 8th I did not stick to LDL very closely because of emotional triggers realted to my deceased mother and her favorite foods... That's a different topic and only relates here as a small detail. But since June 8th I'd been sticking to LDL and still not losing the 15#s  I had gained while away from the plan...
Because of various health issues my doctor sent me to an ENT. Among other things he did, he had me tested for allergies. Turns out I was allergic to nearly everything I was eating...
In the last 3 weeks I have cut out corn, apples, bananas, lettuce and more. Suddenly the weight is dropping. I checked earlier this week and found I was back down to 203.

I gotta go to work. I'll post more about this later...
NJ