Diabetes & LDL

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Delissa

Diabetes & LDL

Post by Delissa »

I've ordered the book but haven't received it yet. I am wondering about having Type 2 diabetes and going on this eating plan. I've been told by my doctor to stay away from starchy vegetables such as beans and corn and was always told popcorn was a No No. I've also been told that fruit will raise my blood glucose. This is kind of the last stop for me. I'm taking two different medications and the doseage has recently been upped in an attempt to keep my fasting glucose levels down. My doctor has told me if I cannot get my blood glucose down by weight loss and proper diet, then I will have to go on insulin, which I really don't want to have to do.

ARe there any diabetics on this plan and how is it affecting your blood sugar?
Delta

Re:Diabetes & LDL

Post by Delta »

My blood sugar is still down and I am feeling great. I also am still NOT having to take my "instant insulin ". I would have to take that at night before bed beacause my blood sugar would be so high. Sometimes nearing 300. That would be after eating a so called balanced meal. It is also still in very low readings in the morning. This comes from me that has never had and I mean never had consistent low blood suagr readings. Things that I ate, I mean like baked chicken, baked potato, salad, and maybe some no sugar added ice cream would cause my blood sugar to soar. I could never eat fruit, it would also cause it to soar!!!!!!. Now that I have been eating fruit this way it stays low and even! I will confess I would not have bet a dime that this would work but it does. What can I say? It is God, and Roger gives all the glory to Him. I am going to the doctor in the morning for my 3 month blood sugar level check up. Any diabetic reading this will know what I am talking about. I will let everybody know what he says. My only wish is that I wish I had been on here longer than just 8 days.

All of the things that you mentioned that we are Not suppose to eat are the things that I have been eating and I am doing great. I've lost 5 lbs. In His Name, Delta
Sharon Moon
Delissa

Post by Delissa »

This is so reassuring to hear. It seems to me also that the more nutrious I tried to eat at night, the higher my readings were in the morning. I had an A1C done last Friday and it was 8.0, up from 6.1 the same time last year. I knew it was going to be bad and kept putting off going until a year was nearly up. My doctor was not happy with me and I was not happy that she now has me taking Amaryl twice a day instead of once. I hate having to do this because it causes my blood sugar to drop to 40-60 everyday between 11:30 and 12 and its scary taking it at night knowing that it could possibly put you into a diabetic coma situation I am so looking forward to getting this book and getting started.
Delta

Post by Delta »

Just want to let those that are interested in my doctor report is that I cancled it for one month. I prayed about it and did not want to go through the blood work right now. I know in one month it will be another story. I see my doctor at church and will talk to him there. I had a root canal done yesterday and just did not feel up to going in and spending the whole morning at the doctors office. I said I was not going to weigh again for a week but I just had to because I could tell I had lost some. Down 2 more lbs. and blood sugar was 100 this morning and still no shot at night. I really want a good report from the doctor so I can post it on here for anybody that reads it that is concerned about this new way of eating with diabeties. I am sick of needles, so I am very happy to not have to take that one at night. I now take less in the morning and at dinner. Just not enough good things to say about LDL,
In His Name, Delta
Sharon Moon