I am just starting

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
leslie4buck

I am just starting

Post by leslie4buck »

Hi, my name is Leslie and I am just starting LDL.  I have ordered the book and have been reading some of the message boards.  I am 39 years old and have just graduated college with a bachelor's degree in interdisciplinary studies.  I have three children.  I have tried different diets and I seem to quit after a couple of weeks.  I hope this will be easy to stay on.  I am even going to try to eat strawberries, even though I no fond of them.  I hope you all can keep me motivated. :)

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSNAOcA/]
/url]
pbrooks57

Re: I am just starting

Post by pbrooks57 »

Hello everyone,
I too am just starting, I've read the blue book and have ordered the red book. I have a question about Melba Toast, nutritional facts state there is no sugar, no fat but the ingredients include wheat gluten. There are only 20 calories in each piece. I've heard negative things about the Wasa crispbread, that it doesn't taste good. I like the taste of Melba Toast but should I avoid this and stick with Wasa crispbread?

Thanks
Peggy
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Leslie, there is no reason at all that you should eat a strawberry if you don't like them! What other fruits do you like?

Peggy, the only reason to eat the WASA Light Rye Crispbread is if there is no other way to break a craving for bread.  Please do not substitute Melba Toast. It is not approved by Roger Troy or our 'food police'. I
leslie4buck

Post by leslie4buck »

Hi,  I like any other kind of fruit.  I just read somewhere that strawberries help with weight loss and most of the recipes for smoothies have strawberries as an ingredient.
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Leslie,

I have to agree with EnJae about the strawberries. Even though they can help with weight loss, the only way you are going to be able to adopt ldl as a lifestyle change and not a diet is to eat the foods that you love. If you feel like you are being forced to eat a certain food just because it helps to loose weight you will not stay on the program. Apples are great for weight loss and so are grapefruits, and that is just to name a few. Roger Troy even talks about how it is a good idea to eat a half of a grapefruit before meals because of how they burn fat. So if you like them I would stay away from the strawberries and eat more grapefruit. Just make sure that you eat all the fruits that you LIKE and eat them until you are satisfied and I promise you will loose weight if you go by the plan, but this is only going to become a life long thing if you eat the things that you like and don't try to force yourself to eat things you don't.

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
mlpautzke
New, but learning

Post by mlpautzke »

Hi!  I am new also!  I have been looking at this new way of eating for a couple days and ordered my book today!!!  I bought a bunch of fruit at the store for tomorrow!  I hope all goes well for you!
Michelle

Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Welcome, Leslie, peggy, and Michelle,

Welcome aboard the train to skinnytown.  I hope you will enjoy the ride. 

I have been on this program for 8 months now and feel so much better than have in years.  I know it will do the same for you and to lose weight at the same time is such a blessing. 

Hope you all have a great rest of the week.

Hugs, Carrole
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Hey Carrole, how much have you lost so far?

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Hi Tina,

I have lost 35 pounds which is good for me.  I'm an insulin dependent diabetic and it is slow but it has made me a much healthier person with more energy than I've had in years. 

I love reading your posts, keep on eating those great fruits and vegetables.

God bless,

Hugs, Carrole
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

That is so great Carrole! I love to hear all of the successes!!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie