where to start ~

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
withjoy
New, but learning

where to start ~

Post by withjoy »

first of all, i'd like to say that this pretty much makes sense to me ..  so far so good (smile)  :thumbsup:  BUT ...

this is all a bit overwhelming ~ so much information all over the place that i sure don't know where to start gleaning ~ i've got the book and have read through once, but time is passing (and so are meals) and i don't know where to go from here .. i'm one of those folks that like to have all their ducks in a row (:angel:) so i have to plan while i'm getting this up and running ... can anyone give me some help?

it's not all that quick and easy to look through all recipes here on line either .... any ideas

:laughing:
patsyfay
Master Member

Re: where to start ~

Post by patsyfay »

Withjoy,

Begin by having the simplest breakfast you can:  all the fresh fruit you want!  If that doesn't satisfy, add some refried beans topped with any kind of eggs and some fat free cheese topped with salsa.

For lunch have grilled chicken, grilled burgers, lean roast beef, tuna or chicken or turkey salad, grilled fish.  Have a nice cold bean salad on the side:  drain and rinse any kind of beans and veggies you like (except potatoes) and mix together with a lite or fat free dressing and some seasonings of your choice.  Top a large tossed salad with tomatoes, red onions, cukes, radishes, garbanzo beans, blue cheese crumbles, sliced grilled chicken or steak and your favorite dressing on the side.  Using your fork, dip it into the dressing and then into the salad.

For dinner, have some more bean salad or make a quick soup out of garbanzo beans, chicken broth and seasonings.  Run it through a blender or use an immersion blender and you have a quick mugful of goodness.  Eat more fruit or a big bowl of popcorn.  If you're in a hurry, use Orville Reddenbacher's 94% Fat Free Microwave popcorn. 

Eat all you want of everything, whenever you're hungry, to begin with.  As time goes by, you will not want as much as your body adjusts to LDL. 

Hope this helps.  Blessings.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

withjoy
New, but learning

Post by withjoy »

thanks for the start pat ... i'll take all the suggestions and direction one is willing to provide!

wishing you a super day!
diane
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Pat is great! She always has great advice!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
withjoy
New, but learning

Post by withjoy »

my many thanks to everyone for your help so far ... i will indeed START with the recipes in the book ... and just plod along here on the boards ... the part i was becoming overwhelmed with was here on the boards ... where to go what to look at, all the posts to read ... guess i just need to take it one day at a time and eventually i'll catch up (or not hahhahah)

thanks again!
diane
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

You'll get the hang of the boards soon, Diane. To navigate quickly, go to the "jump to" box at the bottom right, click the arrow to open the menu and click on the section you want to go to.  Then click on "go".  You'll find recipes, success stories, questions and answers, etc.  Welcome to LDL.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Diane,

It was a little overwhelming for me too in the beginning, but the more you log on and do posts the more comfortable you become. And if your like most of us it becomes addictive because you learn so much every time you come on. lol  Just take Pat's advice, she's great!!  :D

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
totisguy

Post by totisguy »

withjoy,

Your question really resonated with me.  I've been reading and reading and lurking through the message boards for a week or so while waiting for my book to arrive --- all the while sticking to my junk food habits :blush:  I got excited when the book arrived a few days ago --- but I still have yet to take action.  I really don't have a good excuse for not starting, but here I am procrastinating.  The stories from others are inspiring as is the responsiveness and encouragement from those who have already been down this path.  Anyhow, I know what I need to do, and I know I don't have do be perfect from the start.  I think some people (like me) avoid starting something new because they're afraid of making mistakes.  So, I'm right there with you on the verge of starting LDL and feeling overwhelmed at the same time.  It's good to know I'm not alone.

Trivia:  The 40-ish lbs I want to lose is equivalent to the weight of a standard 5-gallon water cooler bottle.
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Welcome Totisguy! It is great to have you!! We definitely all make mistakes! That's why ldl is so great! It is a learning experience on how to eat healthily. It is important to remember that there will be times that we will do something wrong but no one here will judge you. Everyone here is so helpful and supportive! You can do this, we all can, and we can support each other during the hard times and celebrate with each other when our triumphs come. Good luck and try not to feel overwhelmed, you go at your own pace and know that here you will be supported all the way!!  *love*

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
withjoy
New, but learning

Post by withjoy »

hey totisguy ... just to give you an update .. it's beginning to all shake out here although there is still a lot of stuff i have yet to look at! for some reason i keep chanting "serenity now" .. (joking ~ from seinfeld) .. anyway, i'm taking it a little at a time, trying to sort through the recipes now and making changes and choices every day, at every meal. most good, some are falling into that learning curve ...

smoothie king .. what do the established members thing about this place???

think i might post a topic on that ...

anyway
wishing you success ... nothing to it but to do it!
with joy!  in Christ!
diane