New and Starting Today

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Gretchen
New, but learning

New and Starting Today

Post by Gretchen »

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and starting today.  I began this morning.  I'm putting my goal up here so I am inspired to keep going.  I am 55 pounds overweight.  I gave birth almost 4 years ago to my beautiful little Hana.  My body started to shut down and on the 3rd day of watching me in the hospital, they had to perform an emergency C-section to save my life.  All my organs were shutting down, my blood pressure was over 200/90.  It blew the placenta off from the pressure.  All my organs have been damaged and my thyroid doesn't work anymore, but I'm finally to the point where I can begin to get healthy.  I've seen my doc and was put on meds for the thyroid this week, but I'm always tired and fatigued.  I've never dieted before and don't want to do so now.  I want to be healthy - so I've chosen this life plan as a way to go about achieving that goal.  I have two kids in college and two in high school, in addition to my little Hana.  Hana was given a 12% chance to make it.  She was born at 22 weeks and weighed a pound 7 ounces.  I told my older children they could name their baby sister.  They named her Hana and she is a beautiful healthy almost 4 year old now.  No health problems or issues.  When we got home, we learned the name Hana means "Miracle of God", which she definitely is.  I look forward to "meeting" everyone here and continuing to be inspired by everyone.  It was another blessing to come across this plan.

Gretchen
patsyfay
Master Member

Re: New and Starting Today

Post by patsyfay »

Welcome, Grethchen.  We are SO HAPPY to have you (and Hana) with us...only by God's grace!!  You will find that LDL is a wonderful, God-given way to help our bodies achieve and maintain optimum health. I'm excited just thinking about how great you are going to feel after your first week on LDL.  I've already lost 55 pounds and have 25 to go. It was the easiest thing I have ever done!  When my sister saw how well I was doing, she tried it, also.  She's already lost more than 100 pounds!!  LDL works.  Praise God!  Welcome and be blessed.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

wan2bthin

Post by wan2bthin »

Hi, Gretchen.  My name is Fran, and as I read your post, I had chills running up and down my arms.  Wow!  Hana certainly is a miracle and a blessing to your entire family!  Today is my 3rd day on LDL, and so far so good.  It was hard to change the way I thought about certain foods, but other than a couple of headaches, I feel fine.

What I like about LDL is that not only do we have so many great recipes to try, but we can come up with so many of our own, because we have so many food choices.

I have a lot of weight to lose, but I'm trying not to think about it.  I'm just trying to get by each day, and once my day is done and I'm lying in bed, I thank God that I was able to make it through without cheating.

Good luck and much success to you!

~Fran
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

You've got a wonderful plan of action, Fran!  I was determined to give LDL three months of my life "just to see if it would work". What was three months out of a lifetime?  I also knew that I would be content with losing only a pound a week or about 4 pounds a month.  That would be 48 pounds in a year.  I would be satisfied with that.  One day at a time is a good plan!  God bless your journey!

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Welcome Gretchen!  How exciting to hear Hana's story.

Be sure to check with your doctor about starting LDL, then start enjoying this new way of life.

Blessings,
Julie (who has a little 4yo blessing too)
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Gretchen it is so great to have you here!!! Your story is so inspiring! You have been through so much and are obviously a very strong person. You are going to do well with this plan and will love it here. You will have many supporters and if you have questions they will always be answered!! Look forward to here of your successes in the future!

God bless,
Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
Gretchen
New, but learning

Post by Gretchen »

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.  It's nice to have a group of like-minded people to talk to.

Hope everyone is having a great day,
Gretchen
fab4fan

Post by fab4fan »

Hi Gretchen-
    I am starting today also, and I am excited to see all of the support and bonding that goes on in the message boards here.  I am looking forward to having plenty of friends here to help and watch me obtain my goal.  I read your story about Hana and just wanted to let you know that she was definitely meant to be here on Earth with you. Eighteen years ago on June 14th  I had a premature baby girl named Erin who had several things going against her. My husband and I were so grateful when we learned she was going to be ok.  This past Saturday, we watched as Erin received a dual high school diploma. She turned out fine and she is a joy to our entire family.  Isn't it great to have your prayers answered about your children? 

I also am going to give you my support for losing the weight you desire.  Keep you fingers crossed and hopfully we will BOTH lose the weight.  The recipes here look great and easy and I feel like I am already losing the pounds! 
Tina M (fab4fan)
Gretchen
New, but learning

Post by Gretchen »

Tina,

I'm so glad to hear everything turned out so great for Erin.  That's wonderful about her graduation. 

It will be wonderful to have you here to encourage and be encouraged by.  Look forward to seeing us both (and everyone else) attaining our goals.  I just got back from making a run to the grocers for fruit and beans.  :D 

Have a great day,
Gretchen

PS.  I have a daughter who turned 18 in January.  She just finished her first year of college and is taking summer courses now.  Her name is Sarah.  Don't you just love this age?  I love seeing her blossom into a young lady with all her opinions and thoughts along the way. 
GreatDaneLady
New, but learning

Post by GreatDaneLady »

Welcome Gretchen!  Today is my first day on LDL.  I have spent my entire life battling sugar and carb cravings.  Since starting LDL, this is the first time I can honestly say that I do not have massive sugar cravings.  Now here is the amazing part -- I don't feel like I'm on a diet!  I feel confident that this is a plan I can stick to for life.  And for the record EVERY other diet I've ever tried felt like a diet and I just felt miserable and deprived!

I hope your doctor gives you the big green light and you start feeling better!  I can certainly relate you having a body that fails you.  I'm REALLY hoping that this new way of eating will help all or at least most of my health issues.
Phentermine support group!Image
Chelle

Post by Chelle »

Just want to welcome Gretchen, Tina, GreatDaneLady and Fran, (hello too, to the ones that have been here awhile and thank you for all your support already!) *hug*

I am a newbie also and just want to say even after the first few days I was feeling so calm about my eating...best of everything it brings one to their normal and balanced way of being in life and that is how it should be.

I think we were all brought here to this way of eating and will find much healing along the way...body, spirit and soul! 

Many blessings!  Michelle *love*