Water Retention

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Jerzygrl09

Water Retention

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

I got up this morning and was so full of water that I can't get my wedding ring on. Yesterday all I ate was fruit - watermelon, cantaloupe, an apple and a banana. Didn't want anything else. At dinner I started with a small dish of watermelon and then about 2 hours later had a moderate sized salad with some kidney beans. I did throw on some crumbles of Feta cheese, which I know is salty- but not that salty. What do you think is going on? I got on the scale and was up 3lbs!!! I'm in my 3rd week, down 6lbs, but with this water retention, 3 are back. I know I'll get rid of it, probably today, but am wondering what on earth causes such a wild swing. I've eaten Feta many times and didn't have this happen. Any thoughts? I love this eating method - no cravings, feel full and satisfied, but I'm not losing like some of the posters. I have the book and have read it through. I have 40lbs to lose. Seeing people post losses of 10lbs per week makes me wonder what's wrong with ME?
isthis4me

Re: Water Retention

Post by isthis4me »

I am no expert but us women seem to fluctuate with water retention for various reasons. I ate well yesterday and had popcorn * paper bag style* with NO salt and I dont salt my food at all and I am bloated also. I  thing it has to do with our hormones et al.  :rolleyes:  I guess its another reason RT does not like us to weigh daily due to the fluctuations but Im an addict and alas  :blush: cant help myself, BUT I dont allow it to discourage me................. I am sure its all the fruit you ate too........... but if I am wrong the Masters will let us both in on the hows,whys and whatfers  :rose:
Jerzygrl09

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

Thanks so much, ladies!!!
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Jerzygrl,

Always try to remember that everyone's bodies are different some peoples bodies don't like to let go of the fat so willingly and others' just melt away like butter. This also could have something to do with how much weight you have to lose, people who have allot of weight tend to lose faster than others who don't have much to lose. Don't be discouraged and try to ween yourself away from your scale. I know it's hard but if you can't do it on your own have someone you love hide it from you and mark your weigh date on the calendar and tell them to give it back to you on that day. Then you can see your true weight loss instead of water fluctuations.

:)
Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
Jerzygrl09

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

I think once the first month has gone by, I'll be able to ease up on the weighing every day. However, you know how it is - trying something new and not being sure it's going to work. So, I keep checking....:) Once I fall into some sort of pattern and gain more confidence that it's working for me, I'll back off the weigh-ins. I have to say, I'm not hungry all the time and cravings are gone with the wind!!
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Jerzygrl,

I'm so happy for you that you aren't hungry all the time and the cravings are gone!! YYYYAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!  *woot* *woot* *woot*

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
DomsAngel66

Post by DomsAngel66 »

The best thing seems to be to get rid of the scale for a month~~!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wkPC6SZ/]

Growing old is mandatory****Growing up is optional****Laughing at yourself is therapeutic