canned fruits and veggies

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
SharonMay
New, but learning

canned fruits and veggies

Post by SharonMay »

Hello all!

I am from Nova Scotia...am 29 and wanting to start this way of living.

My book is in the mail from my local bookstore, so hopefully it will be here in the next few weeks.

I have a fixed income and was wondering if canned fruits and vegetables...and frozen vegetables were acceptable?

Also, I have searched high and low for corn thins..but to no avail.

Thanks!!
NO FORCE OF NATURE CAN BREAK
YOUR WILL TO SELF-MOTIVATE

MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Re: canned fruits and veggies

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

hi there Sharon!  Welcome!  i'll leave the main questions for the pro's on here  ;)  but i was going to tell you i found a site that shows where you might find those corn thins in your city...state.  here is the link to the thread about it.

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... pic=5507.0
SharonMay
New, but learning

Post by SharonMay »

Hi!

Thanks! But I live in Canada..I am going to keep checking the nooks and crannies where the natural foods places are.

Another couple of questions:  milk...yes or no?

What I have for smoothy mixes is my own mixture of fresh fruit blended in magic bullet and frozen in half cups. is this acceptable?

As I said before...I am on a tight budget and also need to lose 179 lbs. I have lost 70 so far since January 2008 but I have also yo yoed since then too...although, now I am finally below the 280s so that is SWEET!!

Thanks again! And I hope this works for me...I really do.

theavinpete

Post by theavinpete »

I'm just starting out today too and I just wanted to say hi.  Congrats on your weight loss already, that is wonderful.
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Sharon May,

Only skim milk and only when necessary...if nothing else satisfies. The smoothies are fine...but please have more than 1/2 a cup.  Eat the whole blenderful!!  You are working to get rid of the cravings and all the fresh fruit you can eat is what does it!!

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

SharonMay
New, but learning

Post by SharonMay »

thank you for responding quickly...i am soon out the door to get grocerries...on the list:

olive oil
beans beans beans and more beans lol
chicken and beef broths (canned?)
spices
salsa (no sugar)
Stevia
eggs (or egg whites or egg beaters)
canned tomatoes
canned fruit (packed in water)
sugar free applesauces (I freeze these for smoothies too!)

hopefully this will start me on the right road! I already have skim milk powder for just in case times and I have loads of popcorn but I bet I should get more lol

chipmunk

Post by chipmunk »

HI Sharon, you can do this on a fixed income I've been able to cut down on everyones meat intake by making two veggies dishes or a bean & veggie dish with there meat they are not on this way of eating  ;)so they think.
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

here ya go...they have it for canada as well  ;)

http://www.cornthins.com/interAll.aspx?sectionID=3
SharonMay
New, but learning

Post by SharonMay »

thank you so much everyone!

I am going to post profile stuff after I go shopping!

Of course, I have to mow lawn too! LOL I am very blessed to have an able body, huge lawn and a push lawn mower! this time of year I get at so much exercise...takes me 2 hours to do the whole thing!

patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

I consider your ability to mow that big lawn a blessing, Sharon May!  When I was younger, I loved to mow the lawn.  Now that I'm older and have arthritis, I just wish I COULD go out and mow.  I'll picture you doing it and enjoy the experience that way!

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

patsyfay wrote:  When I was younger, I loved to mow the lawn......I'll picture you doing it and enjoy the experience that way!

if that blesses you, pat, get a DOUBLE blessing and think of ME cutting the grass here on long island where i live.......i used to nag my son to do it and he had surgery on his knee a month ago and i've been doing it since then....i've found that i'd rather cut the grass than vacuum...i NEVER would have believed it of myself........i've been pulling weeds and cutting up small trees..
  BUT, be encouraged..when you get to heaven, you'll be able to MOVE trees or do anything else your heart desires....
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Thanks, Niki!  There's really grass on Long Island???  ;)  :D  :laughing:  ;D  I often think of my eternal home.  What a place that will be!!

SharonMay
New, but learning

Post by SharonMay »

There are many people that consider mowing lawn a chore they would rather avoid. I have had many people ask me to get a ride on mower. But I feel so happy when I am listening to music and mowing my lawn, doing a job well done. I am caregiver for my mother who is in a wheelchair, and I count my blessings each day that I am able to move freely. So many things people take for granted...but I give thanks for all my abilities everyday because I know how blessed I am. I may not be the richest person, but I love my work and am able to do it. I may not have a huge family, but the family I have loves me. I may not have a million friends but the friends I have will always be there for me. I may not be size 2 (yet lol) but I am kind and generous and gifted. I think we all need to give thanks everyday for our blessings that we do not usually think about.

Peace Love and Happiness to all :)

mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

being new, I also am finding the shopping a bit challenging at times, but I just keep reading the labels, soon I'll know by heart every name for sugar, but I am amazed at what they put sugar in.  I've decided I may have to buy dry beans and cook my own, cause it seems like every can of beans has sugar in them. :sad: