What bean seasoning is LDL compliant and delicious

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
memaheaven

What bean seasoning is LDL compliant and delicious

Post by memaheaven »

Hi,
I am new to this and love beans, but always cook them with bacon and or ham hocks.  What can I cook my pinto beans with that will make them taste great but still be LDL compliant?
Thanks, Mema Heaven
patsyfay
Master Member

Re: What bean seasoning is LDL compliant and delicious

Post by patsyfay »

I saute onions, garlic, green pepper, etc. in EVOO until they're nice and carmelized (or sooner, if you prefer) and then add a couple cans of drained and rinsed Great Northern, Navy, Pinto, Black or whatever kind of beans you have on hand. Season with S&P, seasoned salt...whatever you like. Stir it up and serve as a side dish. If you like, add some lean, cooked ham (or beef, chicken or turkey) and have it for lunch. Or add some beef or chicken broth and make bean soup. You can mash up the beans if you like.  There is no end to the bean recipes on this site, Mema Heaven.  Go to the "jump to" box at the bottom right of this page, click on the little down arrow and when the menu comes up, click on "SOups".  Hit the "go" button and a wonderland of soup recipes will be at your disposal!!  God bless you as you begin your LDL journey!

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.