I made a mistake...but a good one!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
GreatDaneLady
New, but learning

I made a mistake...but a good one!

Post by GreatDaneLady »

My mother called again today to ask more about LDL.  She was asking again about weight loss.  When I told her she started laughing and said, you figured it wrong...you haven't lost 4 pounds, you've lost 5.3 pounds (I lost .3 pounds since the last time I weighed.)  My husband laughed at how one pound and 1.61 change in a BMI could make me beam!

I realize that this rapid weight loss is probably not going to continue throughout the entire diet, but boy what a great feeling!
Phentermine support group!Image
LMSP

Re: I made a mistake...but a good one!

Post by LMSP »

Math....my husband teases me all the time since I am calculator dependent!  I truly understand the "put the scale away" idea on LDL - but honestly that is a hard thing to do.  We lifelong dieters have been programmed to validate our progress by it.  I am guilty of weighing myself after only 5 days on the program as well.  So many of us with substantial amounts of weight to lose feel that it is still the ultimate indicator of our success since that is why we started LDL to begin with - that elusive promise of weight loss... however - that said I think that is where alot of the failure came from.... on the old diets when we saw the weight stall, or go up and down etc we thought - what is the point - this is not working anymore.  If we made a mistake on the other diet attempts it was sooo hard to forgive ourselves.

The thought of putting the scale away and not having the pressure I believe will be a blessing.  Focusing on what we feel, energy levels, bloating, how the clothes fit etc will take away so much stress..... I know myself the difference I feel after 1 week on this program is truly amazing.  I have always had energy, but I use to get bloated and have am "food hangovers" when I did not eat right or later in the evening.  Now I wake up feeling so much better.  I am so glad I saw this program in First..
Sunny Girl
New, but learning

Post by Sunny Girl »

I've put my scale out of sight and out of reach!!  I'm only going to weigh on the 1st day of the month...and since today is June 1st....I was very happy when I discovered I had lost 10 pounds since my Memorial Day start.  Thank you Lord and Roger Troy.  Now.....I look forward to July 1st when hopefully, I'll find the scale (lol). 
Perhaps this suggestion of weighing on the first day of the month will help you.
DomsAngel66

Post by DomsAngel66 »

Hi - I am new to this.  I am waiting for the book.... and have been reading the boards.  I really like the idea of weighing on the first of the month, so that is what I am going to do.....(hopefully I can have restraint)... Thanks for all of the useful information!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wkPC6SZ/]

Growing old is mandatory****Growing up is optional****Laughing at yourself is therapeutic