How exciting!!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Rhea Joyce
New, but learning

How exciting!!

Post by Rhea Joyce »

Hi everyone, this is my first post, and I just wanted to start by saying HOW EXCITING it is that so many of us are starting right around the same time!  I've been lurking around for almost a week now, trying to read posts during breaks at work, trying to get the hang of the website.  (Still haven't figured out how to attach a personal picture for avatar, can someone explain?) 

I've held off starting LDL till after I get the book (hopefully tomorrow?)-- didn't want to waste food on hand and also was just trying to be patient, although now that I've seen others have lost quite a few pounds the first week without the book, I'm thinking maybe impatience and waste might have been more of a virtue!

I'm a 54-year-old woman with a LOT of weight to lose (190 pounds, to be specific), and was wondering if there are any other newbies with over 100 pounds to lose who might want to compare notes along the way?  Would also be very interested to hear from any others who, like Roger, have lost a great deal on LDL.  I'm amazed to be actually feeling a little hopeful again, despite 20 years of one failed half-attempt after another and a feeling these last few years of not even caring anymore.

But I do care!  And I want to be around when my daughter finishes grad school and gets married and has babies... and maybe even have an adventure or two myself.  Is it possible?  Oh, I hope it is.
patsyfay
Master Member

Re: How exciting!!

Post by patsyfay »

Welcome to LDL, Rhea Joyce,

We are so happy you found us!  I'm glad you're not waiting any longer to begin.  YOu will feel so good.  When I started I was amazed at the energy I had. 

You will be able to add a picture after you have posted 10 times.

My sister, Marcy J, has lost over 100 pounds!

You'll probably outrun your grandkids!!

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Rhea Joyce
New, but learning

Post by Rhea Joyce »

Thank you, Pat... you know, I debated about posting to the board... have never posted to a board before... but just wanted you to know that your kind response really warmed my heart and the news about your sister really inspired me, and I thank you for it!  I didn't realize I had posted on the "Success Stories" forum, so sorry about that, I'm still learning!

I DO hope to outrun my grandchildren!  :laughing:

With so many of us joining right now, I'm sure that keeping up with these boards is going to be a challenge, especially for you wonderful long-time counselors!

Rhea Joyce
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

I still get lost sometimes, but unlike my husband...I ask for directions!!!! ;D  ;D Once you get the hang of it, you'll be zipping around in no time. I love encouraging the "newbies" because people encouraged me when I first got here and helped make my success possible.  See you later!

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Rhea, Welcome!  I am so glad that you decide to post. I am happy to share this experience with you . :D

I started a little over a week ago with the info in the First article. I lost 6 lbs in a week. What was more spectacular is that the cravings are gone--- my appetite is normal (whatever that is supposed to feel like; not sure myself) and my energy and mood have improved.

I am very much like you - just turned 59 with 100 lbs to lose that I have been trying to shed my whole life with varying degrees of success. But with the  LDL lifestyle I know I can do this NOW!  I just got the book and with some adjustments to what I had begun I am optimistic that my results will get even better.

Keep reading the posts - lots of info and great recipes. The community on the boards is there for you, me, each other--- seemingly 24 hours a day.

You can do this!!! Giving up is not an option. You are a child of the sixties and we believe that one person can make a difference. Adventures --- on the way!!! ;D And the promise of Grandkids - that is enough in itself.  *love*
I only have one myself, but 5 year old Zachary is the light of my life. We laugh so hard I am never quite sure which one of us will run to the bathroom first.

All things are possible --- you have already taken the first step. Congratulations!

Julie :rose:
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Hi Rhea Joyce,

Welcome to ldl.  Happy to hear you have been reading the posts and seeing all the great successes many have had eating this healthy way and most of all feeling great while doing it.

I would like to lose around 150 pounds so have a way to go but already feel so much better.  I have been eating this way for over eight months.  I'm a diabetic on insulin so not losing a lot of weight fast but working in my garden and doing things haven't done in years.  Also wearing some clothes that have been hidden in my closet for years.

For me it is "One Day at a Time, Dear Jesus" .  Instead of looking ahead, this works best for me.

Hugs, Carrole
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Hi RJ!  Welcome from sunny Florida!  I'm not exactly a newbie, but I've lost almost 100 pounds on Let's do Lunch and am working on the next 100.  Then I'll get my knees replaced and join you in chasing around grandkids while losing the last 50!  Speaking of adventures, a bunch of us are going to join BonnieCHA! riding Harleys when we get a little skinnier & can handle them.  You're welcome to join us!  Maybe we'll ride down to Key West and crash at Little Mary's place.  HA HA!

(shh--don't tell anyone) I think a lot of people find ways of incorporating some of their old foods into LDL menus until they're used up.  You don't lose weight quite as well, but at least you don't suffer from a guilt conscience over wasting them!  I think I finished off a few open packages of brown rice and deli meats.  The rest I just had no interest in.  After a few months of them sitting on the shelf I gave the peanut butter, chocolate chips and baking supplies to a lady at church who bakes for her family -- husband, kids, kids-in-law & grandkids all living under one roof.  WHEW!  Makes me tired just thinking about how busy she is.  She didn't even care if some of the packages were open, 'cause she knows me.

Hope you get your book soon.  While you're waiting, please check out the FAQ's that our Mary has been busily posting this week.  She'll get you off to a great start.
Last edited by Gwennaford on June 3rd, 2009, 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Rhea Joyce
New, but learning

Post by Rhea Joyce »

Thanks to all of you lovely people... I appreciate the support SO MUCH!!
Gemini the Younger

Post by Gemini the Younger »

Welcome to Our Nest

We're just so happy you've landed here!  This is the first day of the rest of your life, so Happy Birthday!

Last year I weighed 272 pounds and I was frightened enough to literally starve off 33 pounds trying to bring my weight under control.  My doctor was pleased with my loss, but not with my rate, attributing my tortoise like speed to "probably not counting calories as stringently as you should."  As if a fistfull of vitamins and supplements and 800 calories daily warranted the use of a calculator!  I lost muscle and skin tone, my hair started falling out, I was weak and depressed, and I cried all the time.  But by heavens, my weight and my BMI were coming down, and my doctor quit threatening me with gastric bypass surgery.

This past May, my sister read the First Magazine article featuring Let's Do Lunch, and immediately sent me to the web site.  These were desperate times for me, but the kind people here--thank you again each and every one--dried my eyes, took me under their wings, and made me believe that just like them, I could regain my health by accepting a new way of eating.  I weighed 237 pounds when I took that giant leap of faith--I call it Living in the Leap--and today, after only three weeks, I am eating better than I ever have in my life, free from hunger and cravings, energized, happy--the only tears I cry now are those of joy--and filled with a new and empowering strength of spirit and purpose.  If that's not  miraculous, I don't know what is.  And the Good News is, here at LDL, there's a miracle waiting for you, too.  You have only to reach out and accept it.  Truly!

We're asked to weigh ourselves monthly, so next week I'll step on the scale for the first time since joining LDL.  But from the fit of my clothes, I already know that I am a loser...and, more importantly, a winner.  You will be too.  Just weight and see!

GEM...Booked on the

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Gemini the Younger on June 8th, 2009, 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

welcome Rhea, you have taken the first leap into a new lifestyle