HELP....need recipe for BURGERS

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
savannah

HELP....need recipe for BURGERS

Post by savannah »

For lunch today....wanting to make a "fast food" LDL style....burgers with all the trimmings..

Having trouble finding hamburger recipe made with beans....any help appreciated...thanks!
savannah

Re: HELP....need recipe for BURGERS

Post by savannah »

tHANKS Roger.....I ordered the book about 3 weeks ago from Amazon....but still haven't received it??  I'm sorry I didn't order it from your site...but (was trying to save a few $$$) and now, in the long run of it....it wasn't worth it.... :sad:

Everyone here on the forum have kept me focused and been so helpful....and I thank you again for your kindness and help....I JUST LOVE THE PROGRAM....and it's working....God Bless You and your family ALWAYS!
savannah

Post by savannah »

When I type in "Let's Do Lunch Burgers"  it says NO RESULTS FOUND?? 
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

hey Savannah ,
I too ordered from Amazon and had to cancel the order yesterday and ordered from here, too long to wait for them to ship PLUS shipping time too  *woot* I decided the extra money was worth it in the long run...

as for hamburgers, I have done this

1/2lb lean ground sirloin
1/2 ground chicken or ground turkey
chopped jalepeno's
chopped onions
some FF feta
basically you can add anything you want to the mix ( LDL style that is) and if its too mushy to hold firm, grind some popcorn into flour or some corn thins :drool:
savannah

Post by savannah »

Roger...I did as you suggested and made a double batch (so I could freeze some)....it made 12 BIG burgers......however, I only had 1 can of pinto beans....so I added them + 1 can black beans...also added the 2 egg whites and the texture came out "perfect" and formed perfect patties....cooked them in a large non stick skillet until browned......med heat for about 25 minutes....they look so juicy and delicious!  

IsThisForMe.....THANKS for the twist on Roger's recipe....I love hot, spicy foods....next time will try adding some of your ingredients...

It isn't lunch time yet....but I like to prepare everything early in the morn....so I don't have to cook later in case I'm busy....but LUNCH SOUNDS DELICIOUS TODAY!

Burgers, splenda sweet pickles, dill pickles, lettuce, onion, mustard, tomato slices,  splenda ketchup, light mayo & HAMBURGER BUNS........Squash French Fries and Waldorf Salad with Lemonade dressing.....that should fill me up.... *love*

I experimented with Gwens Banzo Biscuits (I love these...THANK YOU GWEN) & made HAMBURGER BUNS........ added 1 T. cornstarch, 1 t. french herbs, 1 pkg stevia, cayenne to the recipe....Put the batter into 4 glass 4x4 containers sprayed with evo Pam and microwaved for 5-6 minutes until the sides leave the dish (test with toothpick)...invert & place on paper towels to cool....
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

Roger, I do add beans  :blush: I do not know why I did not put that in there, I even added beans to Neets meatloaf recipe  :inlove:

Ok Ms Savannah, when is lunch hmmmmmmm  :drool: