Newbier than new!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
lizzie67
New, but learning

Newbier than new!

Post by lizzie67 »

Well, I am not sure where to start!! This website has made me feel technologically challenged!! I just figured out how to make a post!! :tongue:
I am almost 42 years old, and my story has echoed nearly everyone elses.  I saw the article in First and bought the book! Read it Monday and have followed it well!  I feel pretty darn good.  :thumbsup:   Typically I do not weigh myself....ok....I never weigh myself!   :sick: The last time was 8 years ago and I was 311...Gad....then I started walking and weight watchers.  I was starving all of the time....never cheated and lost 3 pounds in 5 weeks...I was also breastfeeding and figured that I would be burning more calories!  Needless to say...I didn't stick with that!  At that weight I was a size 28.  I am a size 24 and have been for years.  I don't know what that weight is!!   Over the years I have done most of it!  Diet Center.. when I weighed 140 pounds in high school and thought I was fat, ( I am 5'8'' tall)  , nutra system after my first baby, weight watchers, Atkins, Slim Fast, purging...I am now HERE.  I thank God for the gift of getting me here...now with His love, I will make it!  

I appreciate reading all of your posts and stories!  I look forward to reading more successes and comments!
I only have one question though...VEGETABLES?  I don't hear or read much about snacking on cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, fresh veggies during the day.  Should I, could I?  My garden is huge and I think the only thing I won't indulge in is the new potatos!!  No problem...because so far, the results in a few days have been great! My face is shrinking!!  :D
Last edited by lizzie67 on June 3rd, 2009, 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Through Christ, who strengthens me, all things are possible
Gwennaford
Master Member

Re: Newbier than new!

Post by Gwennaford »

AWK -- It's the incredible shrinking face lady!  ha ha

YES - eat all of those wonderful garden veggies that you can hold whenever you are hungry.  Don't just snack on them, because nibbling doesn't allow your blood sugar to stabilize and you will feel hungry all the time.  You should always eat until full.  Add some beans and fruit and eat until full of ALL the freshest, unprocessed LDL foods whenever you are hungry.  When you aren't hungry, don't eat.  Save the heavy protein (lean beef, boneless skinless chicken and turkey breast, pork tenderloin, oily fish) to have with your veggies & salads at lunch.

You will pick up navigation skills as time goes on.  Don't sweat it.  A few important things:  1) You can't add pictures until you have posted 10 times; 2) Use Patsy Fay's trick to quickly move through the message boards - go to the bottom of this page where it says, "Jump to".  Click on the little down arrow and a menu of all the message board sections will appear.  Drag the vertical scrolling bar up or down to see both ends of the list.  

To start a new topic, click on "New Topic" in the upper right of the window in the section where you want the message to appear.  To reply to an existing topic, click on "Reply" at the top right of the post.  To add to, or correct one of your previous posts, click on "Modify" on the upper right.  To delete one of your posts, go to the message you want to delete and click on "Remove".  

Finally - notice the dark blue menu band in the upper section of the screen, where it says "Home, Help, Search", ...etc. You will have fun browsing around in all the various sections of the site.

The only way I know to get to the WEBSITE home page is to type letsdolunch.com in the address window. There you will find before and after pics of our fearless leader, Roger Troy.  Also several audio & video clips of LDL'ers on radio & TV spots.

Best wishes & God Bless,
Gwen
Last edited by Gwennaford on June 3rd, 2009, 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
lizzie67
New, but learning

Post by lizzie67 »

Thanks so much Gwen!!  I am so moved by your story and you are beautiful!!!  I won't do the snacking thing, but will EAT!!  Sounds so strange, coming from the Old School of thought!! I appreciate your post!! *hug*
Blessings to you for a glorious day in our Lord!!
Liz

PS  Is it alright to pop regular kernel popcorn in a Tbs. of EVOO??  I don't care for air popped! lol
Last edited by lizzie67 on June 3rd, 2009, 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

A lot of us pop our popcorn in a lunchbag (folded over once or twice and watched carefully as those little buggers can burn!! :bomb: ).  I, personally, use a spritzer filled with garlic flavored EVOO and when the corn is through popping, I spray it, add a little salt, shake it up and spray it again.  You get a lot less salt and fat than you would in microwave popcorn and it tastes so good!!

Pat

P.S. Sorry, I didn't answer your question.  :blush: I popped corn in a microwave popper often using EVOO.  Just be careful and monitor your amounts as too much might cause weight stall.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

Hi Liz!

Welcome to the end of feeling hungry -- and still getting smaller!

It is a totally different way of thinking, isn't it? I always hated counting calories and portions and still feeling hungry after meals! This I can live with.

I've only been hanging out here for about 3 weeks, but this plan DOES work. I can tell you, when I finish lunch, I am FULL. I don't even want to think about food. For me, lunch works great as the biggest meal of the day. I work, but I'm on my own in my office, and I can sit here and work while I'm having lunch. I like to take my time instead of having to wolf it down in a hurry -- and I realize how very blessed I am to be able to do that.

I notice a lot of the new folks trying to portion control and keep track of amounts like we've done on all the endless diets we've been on for years and years and years..... Don't go there -- you'll end up frustrated and hungry, and wanting to munch on everything in sight sooner or later. Eat until you're full. If you include things like soup and those great fresh veggies, they will fill you up without stacking on a lot of calories. Most days, I probably have 2 or 3 cups of soup as a starter, before I ever get to the rest of my lunch. That fiber and those complex carbs really keep you full for a long time.

In just over 2 weeks, with the first week or more experimenting until my book arrived, I lost 8 pounds. I'm not getting on the scale again for a while, but I could feel the difference -- you've already felt it too with the shrinking face!!  :D -- but I needed the boost of knowing for a fact that this is working. Painlessly, I might add! Truly, you are better off not getting on the scale at all -- so keep up with that! You'll know good things are happening as you see the change in the mirror and your clothes start to fall off.  :shocked:

You CAN do it -- in God's strength, and with so many great people here pulling together!

God bless along the journey!
Terri
lizzie67
New, but learning

Post by lizzie67 »

Thanks a ton for the kind words Terri!!  It is truly a blessing and even more than the way we are learning to feed our bodies, is this awesome forum to "share the goods"!! 
I feel completely fulfilled!!  Emotionally and Physically!!  :D :kissed:

blessings and good will to you!!!
bethp

Post by bethp »

lizzie67 wrote:
Over the years I have done most of it!  Diet Center.. when I weighed 140 pounds in high school and thought I was fat, ( I am 5'8'' tall)   , nutra system after my first baby, weight watchers, Atkins, Slim Fast, purging...I am now HERE.  I thank God for the gift of getting me here...now with His love, I will make it!  

Me,too!! If I had realized in high school, 135 was okay, I would not have a spent a fortune on diet books, programs, the latest gimmick, etc. including hypnotism, magnets, whatever caught my fancy or got my hopes up!

I take veggies to snack on in the afternoon. I work 10 hour days so I take an insulated tote bag full of food to work with me. I have to be prepared! I made Mary's Spinach/Artichoke Dip to use with my veggies. I think I am going to make some LDL hummus tonight.

Welcome from another newbie. I think God has lead us here through the First article!  A real blessing!
Beth
This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 Image
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!

So glad we are all here together. Remember to just follow the plan. Everything else will take care of itself:
less weight  :D  more energy :laughing:  good mood  ;D  resolve  :) It will all come and we are all in this together.  *hug*

I have only been on here a little over a week and cannot believe the difference in the way I feel already, in a good way  ;)Take a look at the recipes when you have some time. There is so much info there, you could create an LDL cook book. There are also lots of great recipes in the LDL book. I already started to cut and paste some of them into a Word Doc.

With so much support from this community you will find the road ahead filled with roses.

Julie :rose:
Judi B

Post by Judi B »

First magazine got me here.  After reading the article I thought I can do that.  After all I am the poster child of diets.  I've been doing them my whole life, and have tried them all.  I actually started LDL on Monday.  I know I have a compulsive personality.  I am a compulsive overeater and I weigh myself every day.  Looks like I need to make some changes besides my meal plan. 

After I have dinner I seem to feel weak.  I'm thinking it is withdrawing from sugar.  Thanks for all the encourangement these posts have given myself and other.
Judi
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

There was a post from Mary that explained the die off effect (from the toxins leaving the body) and why you may feel bad before you feel good. It is the Herkimer effect (sp???) If I can find it I will cut and paste for you.

It could be sugar withdrawal - something like caffeine withdrawal. It will all go away. Make sure you drink enough water. Being the poster child for diets, I am sure you already know this.  ;)

mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

welcome, you are off to a good start.  I'm new too, and the hardest thing for me was and is staying off the scale, also learning what it means to be full, not overfull.  I seem to be eating less now after about 2 1/2 weeks, but I am still eating more than I ever have on any other diet.  Also am wearing a size smaller skirt, and some of my older clothes need suspenders, ( so I'll have to get out my sewing machine and start to take them in) can't afford a new wardrope, just bought a new house in march. :rolleyes:
Gemini the Younger

Post by Gemini the Younger »

Welcome Lizzie and Judie...and all of our Newbies,

When a friend asked me to describe the LDL program, I called it the It's All Good Plan. That's because, as you'll quickly discover through personal experience, the LDL way of eating is good for your body and soul, mind and spirit, not to mention your taste buds.  And talk about finding a safe harbor!  Drop anchor cause your days of drifting lost on an open sea are over!  That's the Skinnytown lighthouse just ahead, and you've got lots of new friends waiting here on the pier to welcome you.  :rose:
GEM
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Mom,

I say let the skirt hang low and wear a pair of colorful boxers with it.  ;D  That's the style isn't it?  Though I cold never understand how this look was sold to the youth of our country --- what genius thought that up?

Congratulations on your success - happy for you!

mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

I can't stand that style, and if I looked like that my kids would be putting me in a home,  but sewing machine here I come. :rose:
Gemini the Younger

Post by Gemini the Younger »

mom wrote:I can't stand that style, and if I looked like that my kids would be putting me in a home,  but sewing machine here I come. :rose:

First comes a nip and tuck on the clothes, then on the bod!  :tongue:
GEM
Judi B

Post by Judi B »

I went to bed last night thinking I am never going to loose weight on this program all I do is eat.  I couldn't resist the scale this morning and now I am down 2 pounds.  I am on my way to Skinnytown.  I am so excited. 
I have  never done this posting thing before and I am enjoying it very much and hearing the successes and encouragements.
lizzie67
New, but learning

Post by lizzie67 »

Holy Cow!!!  What fun to read all of the posts!!! :thumbsup:  Well...to the toxin cleanse idea....YES  it is happening.  I am a total smeller...meaning...I smell everything, food before I taste it, towels to make sure they smell fresh, clean babies...you name it; but, I do notice that my skin smells and feels different.  Not a bad smell...just a metal smell.  My Natural Medicine counselor says that is totally normal when you make a serious change in what goes into our bodies, the new in---the old must come out!  Drink lots of water and it passes!  literally!  :blush:

It has been 5 days and I feel great!  I wake up in the morning and actually get up!  I do notice that if I don't have fruit in the mornings I get hungrier sooner and I have cravings when normally I don't.  We have had family Bible School all week at Church and they feed us dinner.  It has been super easy to say, "no thank you" to the potato casseroles, chicken and noodles, mashed potatoes....I would have never made it on other plans, but I am completely satisfied and EMOTIONALLY fed!  :drool:

I am trying to get my sister in law to get on board! I think if she could get excited about the people and the program, It would be a win/win!! 

Blessings to all and to the other newbies...FORWARD HO!!!  ;D