5 days and 4 lbs lighter!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
brycesmom

5 days and 4 lbs lighter!

Post by brycesmom »

I heard about your diet a little over a week ago in a magazine.  The magazine had posted a "getting started" daily meal plan.  I decided to start the diet and I have been eating the suggested meal plan for 5 days and I have already lost 4 pounds...and I don't even have the book yet!!  I have ordered the book through the LDL website (all $ goes right to charity, by the way) and I can't wait to get it!!  Good Luck everyone! :D
intune878

Re: 5 days and 4 lbs lighter!

Post by intune878 »

Wonder how long it takes to receive the book?  I ordered it over a week ago and I am so anxious to receive it.  I have trouble understanding how it all works.  diane

brycesmom

Post by brycesmom »

I'm not sure. I ordered the book on 5.29 and I called to check on ths status yesterday.  They told me it should be shipped out in the mail today, so I am hoping I have it in the next few days.  I really want to know more about the diet. 
greenheron

Post by greenheron »

Hi to both of you, and welcome!

Have you spent some time just perusing the boards?  There are probably answers to all your questions here...so much information and great advice and wonderful recipes.  Doing a search isn't the easiest way to get answers, but I think you'll enjoy reading.  There are TONS of "I'm a newbie.." posts and you can see how quickly people get in the LDL groove and see results!

Good luck on your LDL journey, and have fun!
brycesmom

Post by brycesmom »

I did start looking over the message boards yesterday and I have already started printing out some great sounding recipes, can't wait to try them.  One thing I am worried about is that I am a bean hater... :shocked:
I am noticing a whole lot, if not most, of the recipes I have come across are loaded with beans.  :'(
Jazmyn
Master Member

Post by Jazmyn »

I was also a bean hater! I told myself I would try this...give it a go...have an open mind..embrace the bean if you will!
I did and I love it...try the recipes..you will be amazed  :thumbsup:

~Jazmyn  *love*
Start Date 5/18/09
6/18/09 ~ 13lbs gone
7/18/09 ~ 5lbs gone
8/18/09 ~ 7lbs gone
9/18/09 ~ 6lbs gone
10/18/09 ~ 4lbs gone
11/18/09 ~ 2lbs gone
JEM

Post by JEM »

I never paid much attention to beans in the past either.  Now everytime I feel like eating cake or anything sweet, I make a fruit smoothie and add beans in it (red beans) and it fills me up.  It stops me from thinking about the cake or sweets.  I am eating so much fruits these days.  I can't recall ever having as much fruit in one day ever.
Never let 'em see you sweat!
brycesmom

Post by brycesmom »

Thanks to all for your replies.  I have printed a few recipes and I'll just have to give the beans a try!! LOL  
brycesmom

Post by brycesmom »

LOL...you are cracking me up Mary!  :laughing:

I guess you can never repeat yourself too many times.  You have compelled me to try at least one.  I just printed them all off and I think I will probably start with the pizza soup.  Hopefully I can make it either tonight or tomorrow night.  Thank you for being here and for the inspiration!
intune878

Post by intune878 »

I started Monday of this week and have lost about 6 pounds so far.  I am sure that some of that is water, but I know some of it has to be a little fat as well.  Keep up the good work~  diane

brycesmom

Post by brycesmom »

Welcome to LDL!  6 pounds is great!!  :thumbsup:
I got on the scale this morning and have lost another 1.5 pounds.  :D
Keep up the great work and I wish you the best of luck! ~Jessica~
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

Hi Brycesmom,

This is Day 1 for me.  Was on vacation last week and looked everywhere for the book and for the First magazine.
Have ordered the book, but cannot find the magazine.  Would you mind posting the suggested menu that was in the article for us newbies who are waiting for our books to arrive? Much, much thanks?

Congratulations on your great start.  You are inspiring us.

Thanks again,
mtngirl