HELP! HELP!! HELP!!!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Basket Lady

HELP! HELP!! HELP!!!

Post by Basket Lady »

OMG!!  I just walked into our office kitchen to heat up my lunch when lo and behold what do I spy on the table but..... not one, but three boxes of donuts!!!!  Today is donut day and I LOVE DONUTS!!!  That is all I am thinking about right now.... how can I stay away from them......  I am actually starting to stress and sweat over those darn donuts..... HELP!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZlJ3yw/]
greenheron

Re: HELP! HELP!! HELP!!!

Post by greenheron »

Did you bring any snacks to work?  Something sweet?  Do you have any sugar-free gum or mints?  Do you, by chance, have a toothbrush at work?  Sometimes when  you brush your teeth and your mouth is all minty, you just don't want to eat anything.

I can assure you that no one ever died from not eating a donut.  And you have a chance to pass a really hard test, so early in your LDL journey.

How about a nice cup of hot tea?  Anything that will give you something in your hand if that's what you want right now. 

Good luck  :)
Basket Lady

Post by Basket Lady »

thanks for the suggestions.  I am eating my lunch now, but still thinking about the darn donuts.  I have frozen grapes in the freezer, but know I'm not supposed to eat any more fruit.  I do have a toothbrush and will try the brushing of the teeth.... I also have some gum.

Wish me luck!
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

THis may not help, but someone once told me that he made a committment years ago to not eating donuts or fast food. He never had to make that decision again. Never had to think about whether or not he'd go thru the drive thru or eat a donut on donut day because as he said, "I don't eat donuts"!  Prayers for success on your LDL journey with the rest of us who "no longer eat donuts". Eljayne
Basket Lady

Post by Basket Lady »

Eljayne,

Thanks for the words.  I have not caved yet and I am trying to eat my lunch very slowly... I happen to have baby sweet peas along with protein today and they are really taking the sweet craving away.  It is just a mind thing I know... I have never been able to resist donuts in the past, but today I will!  I am determined, but all of the words of encouragement certainly do help.

Thanks again.

Basket 'Case'
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

oh girl...stay strong!  think about some juicy sweet watermelon!  my new fav...hehehe!!!
Basket Lady

Post by Basket Lady »

I'm hanging in there.  couldn't even finish my lunch - way too much food!  But now I'm trying to convince myself that if I cut one of the donuts into quarters and only eat 1 quarter it will be ok.  But I'm fighting it.... I'll get there????  :shock:
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

unlike the little train that said "i think i can, i think i can" on the "skinnytrain"  we can say, "I KNOW I CAN, I KNOW I CAN"! we're all in this together.  Now no more talk of eating donuts it's time to move on, I KNOW I CAN!
bethp

Post by bethp »

Don't believe the old way of saying "one bite won't hurt!" It does because it undermines your whole psyche! I know it used to be my favorite saying. One problem was one bite leads to another and thats bad when you don't need the first. I would eat the frozen grapes! They're are so sweet it will help take away that wanting sweets feeling. Hang in there! Good luck!  :thumbsup: Eljayne is right! We know you can, we know you can!!!
This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 Image
Basket Lady

Post by Basket Lady »

You are not going to believe this, but I just got an email that said I need to leave the office for a little while.  Which means....... THE DONUTS WILL BE HERE AND I WILL BE THERE!!!!!  YEAH!!!  Do you think God is stepping in to help me out a wee bit?  I love him soooooo much!  I'm off to bigger and better things and without donuts!  Thanks so much for all of the support, couldn't have done it without all of you!
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

one small step for God and one GIANT step for you. Congratulations!!!
bethp

Post by bethp »

That is definitely divine intervention! You go girl! You did it! But all of this is with God's help! Have a wonderful rest of the day.
This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 Image
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Basket Lady wrote:It is just a mind thing I know... I have never been able to resist donuts in the past, but today I will!  I am determined, but all of the words of encouragement certainly do help.

BEANS are the answer and solution to ALL of life's problems....haha..................ok......kidding.................BUT, i realize that roger says that fruit is the answer to sweet cravings....but, i, personally, don't agree with that because it hasn't been my experience.........BEANS will stabilize your blood sugars the way no other food will...and once your blood sugars are stable, you're home free.......stay STRICTLY on track and the cravings will be gone.......i make that mistake thinking that even if i don't crave that donut, i'll have ONE....but, it never works that way...sometimes it takes me a COUPLE OF MONTHS to get back and a lot of damage is done by then.....BEANS....THAT'S the solution to everything.........
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
chipmunk

Post by chipmunk »

PRAISE THE LORD.. :rose:
Basket Lady

Post by Basket Lady »

I DID IT!!!  It is almost going home time and I have not even lifted the lid to see what kind of donuts were in the boxes!!  Of course, leaving the office for an hour really helped.  I am now munching out on my carrots and quite proud of myself!!  30 minutes more to go and I have accomplished a true milestone!  I can't believe that I am going on and on about not eating a stupid donut, but you don't know what this means to me to do this!

Thanks to all for the Kudos and encouragements... couldn't have done it without you!
bethp

Post by bethp »

Congrats, Basket Lady! You did it! and I do know what it means to survive a threat like that! It's a wonderful motivating feeling to do it and devastating to take one bite! But you didn't even sniff! What a wonderful day! Have a wonderful weekend, too! 
:rose:
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

Trust me when I say we do all know what you mean when you're so excited about not eating a "stupid" donut.  We all do the same thing with any number of favorites on any given day. Congratulations! :thumbsup:
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Congratulations, Basket Lady!  You did it  *woot*

So sorry I didn't see your post earlier but thank God that so many people were on line to assist. I love this place!!!

Yes, I do believe it was divine intervention: "Ask and ye shall receive!"  :angel:
Just know that you can do this and you will.

(Eljayne, I like the idea of saying out loud "I don't eat donuts!" ) or whatever your particular poison is. I think that is sound advice and is extremely helpful when in the face of pushy hostesses.)

Hang in there, baby!
Julie :rose:
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

Julie, even tho I've not previously been successful on many many diets, it's amazing how many times saying out loud, "I don't eat fastfood" has kept me from using any number of drive thru restaurants. :shocked: Lynda
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

I think I will be saying that a lot! At some point my brain will believe it and I won't even have to think about it.

Julie :rose: