gastric bypass

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
erynnsnonna

gastric bypass

Post by erynnsnonna »

I had gastric bypass 5 years ago Lost 80 pounds or so.  have gained back 50 or so.  Ive been doing LDL for over a week.  Love it. Anyone out there like me who has had a previous gastric bypass? 
Stephanie
bethp

Re: gastric bypass

Post by bethp »

Hi, erynnsnonna! Thanks for asking. I am cutting n pasting from a previous post I made tonight..there are a few of us out here. I've seen 3 WLS folks tonite. I'm so proud and its nice to meet you. Here's part of my story....I, too, had gastric bypass but in June, 2007. Next Friday I will be 2 years out and I feel great. I stalled at 190 after coming down from 275, have gradually started back up, now over 200 again at 205. I havn't weighed. I officially started will be 2 weeks on Monday and will weigh then.  Anyway I am so glad to have found LDL.

I have found that I have not been sick once since I started this and even this far out, things like steak, fatty things, even chicken sometimes makes me sick. I still hate that part! I really feel good now, even after I eat.

But I am very strict with my vitamins. I think (personal opinion) this is the best thing that has happened to me since WLS. I can't go back to what ifs but I am just so glad to be here now.

Welcome!!! especially from another WLSer and new LDLer!!!

I started this with the intention of helping my daughter because I could have been satisfied having come down from size 26 to 16. I can go in Wal-mart to the regular sizes now, albeit XL, but it is so much better than 3X!!! I have totally bought into this way of eating. It has helped my hunger which unfortunately has returned and my sugar addiction since I never had problem eating sugar even after WLS...no dumping. Of course, I would be in the 20% that happens to!!!

Again, welcome. I think this is a great place to be, especially for us WLSers! It works! Beth  :thumbsup:
This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 Image
erynnsnonna

Post by erynnsnonna »

Hi bethp.  Thanks for your reply.  It's great to know there is someone with a similar situation.  I do have dumping but only from certain things like ice cream.  I feel like LDL is an answer to prayer for me.  I've been doing it for a week or so.  Got the book yesterday so am really just starting the right way today.  My husband is doing LDL too and really likes it.  Of course, HE is already losing.  I will get there.  Still getting up to speed with the message board.  Again, thinks for the contact.  I really appreciate it. 
Stephanie
laurawhite1026
New, but learning

Post by laurawhite1026 »

:D  Hello everyone.....I had gastric bypass 04/94....I weighed 305.  Before surgery, I would lose 100#'s and the next year i would gain back 110#.  I did this for about 6 years.  I was tired of living this way.  Gastric bypass was the best thing for me.  I got down to 180 then for the last few years the weight has been up and down, staying around 205 and as I get older and going thru menopause, it got up to 233.  Then I was reading the article in FIRST and thought this is something I can do for the rest of my life.  At first, I thought I would never be able to stop the sugar addiction or the diet coke problem but I am happy to say I have lost 10 pounds since May 12th, which seems so slow to me, but I have not had any diet coke and have not had one craving for anything bad....this is truly amazing. 

I am happy that I have this support here and that I have a plan that does not feel like a DIET.  I don't feel like I am missing out on anything.  Everyone is telling me how good my skin looks.  I am waiting for the day that I am a regular person with no weight problem.  Glad you are here.  Sorry if I dragged this out.....  *lipssealed*
bethp

Post by bethp »

Good morning to both of you! It's really nice to be able to have folks who really understand. This whole message board is amazing. I had WLS to get healthy. I really wasn't into how much I lost. I figure 56 yo don't need bikinis. But with LDL I feel like I can "go all the way, " (but not to a bikini) :shock: My therapist has tried to tell me I am not fat now  :blink: AND I just raise my eyebrows. I know I am so much healthier  :thumbsup: than I was but why just a have a piece of the pie when the whole thing is waiting for us. Sorry for the metaphor but it seemed like it fit. This is the first time in two years that I have started to feel "normal," well, except for the tote bag of food that I take with me to work! The cafeteria ladies think they lost their best customer because the hospital started charging for meals but I know different. They don't exactly cook for weight loss! Mind you, I work in a psych. hospital, not a med-surg!!
Have a good day, ladies. I am off to start my T-Tapp routine.  :thumbsup:
This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 Image
Cyndy

Post by Cyndy »

Hello Gastric Bypass buddies!
My name is Cyndy and I had a gastric bypass Nov. 2003.  It's so wonderful to have found fellow weight loss buddies here.  I, too have been up and down since I had my WLS.  Just a little history...I started at 279 and had gotten down to 189..just 30 lbs to go and BAM! :bomb: MENOPAUSE and to add insult to injury, I blew 2 discs in my back.  Sooooo....here I am at a starting weight of 224.  I had read the article in WW, sent for the book and have been eating this way eversince.  I have only been using this WOE for 2 weeks and have lost 18 lbs! ;D All of us WLS girls and boys have special needs.  However, I just eat the 3 meals and one, maybe two snacks a day.  I just LOVE, LOVE this WOE!  Let's all keep in touch and share our journey's.

Have a glorious and blessed day!
Cyndy
ImageImageImageImageImage Image