Afraid to fail....again!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Heidi

Afraid to fail....again!

Post by Heidi »

My book arrived last week, I was just able to get it read yesterday.  I had a breakfast of a huge bowl of pineapple raspberries and a banana.  I feel like this MIGHT work for me but, I am so consumed with the fear of failure.  Have any of you on this site ever felt this way?  I am a 47 year old woman who has been up and down on the weight loss & gain roller coaster since I was in my teens.  I am now at my highest weight ever (145# and only 5'5" tall).  I want to be back to 115# (or, 120# at the highest end).  Will this program work for me?
Jerzygrl09

Re: Afraid to fail....again!

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

I think every one of us has been afraid of failing. This is a good "clean" way to eat - it's healthy and it works. Read the success stories to ease your mind. I'm 5'5" and wish I was at your present weight!
dgi
New, but learning

Post by dgi »

I think we all have felt that fear of failure but focusing on the positive & expecting success can become self fulfilling. I've been doing this for a week & thrilled with the reduction in my appetite. being able to eat your fill of delicious foods should help keep you on the road to success. And I'm 5' 6" & also would love to be your weight!
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

considering that most of us have failed at multiple diets, for most of us we have had some trepidation, and fear that this plan would fail too,  but that being said, if you follow Rogers plan, and eat until full of ldl foods when you start, your cravings will be done.  After a few weeks, you will find you are eating less, and hungry less.  So God bless your journey, and many successes along the way.
Heidi

Post by Heidi »

Thanks to all who responded for your encouragement.  I tried today but, I can't get past the not counting calories thing.  On top of that, I feel like I ate FAR too much to be good for me.  I will keep on, keeping on.  I think I will go back and read the book again tonight.  I must be missing SOMETHING!
greenheron

Post by greenheron »

Hi, Heidi,

I'm a Heidi, too! 

The theme of your post is very familiar these days.  We're blessed with so many new members joining us every day, and they're joining in such large numbers because they're looking for yet ANOTHER answer to successful weight loss.  Those who give it an honest try will find the answer here.  In your post you said, "I must be missing SOMETHING!"  What you're missing is the unrealistic, unsustainable "I'm on a diet so I have to deny myself" attitude we're so familiar with on every other "diet" we've ever tried.

I'm sure there are many, many people feeling the same thing you are.  Or those who did until they started LDL and found how successful it is. There have been multiple times in the last few years that I've started Atkins again, but just haven't stuck with it.  I know Atkins works....I lost weight, my total cholesterol went from 212 to 160, and I liked the food....but I didn't stick with it long term.  So here I am, eating FRUIT and POPCORN and CHILI :) 

It's perfectly understandable that you want to count SOMETHING...calories, carbs, points....but, very simply, you MUST NOT.  When you start LDL, you NEED to eat eat eat so your body knows you aren't starting "yet another diet."  When you're cutting back on food, your body reacts by storing up everything it can...it's a vicious cycle.  Here, you eat until you're full.  Until you're satisfied.  As long as your FOODS are legal, the amounts don't matter.  Your own appetite will make you adjust your portions...it happens naturally. 

That may take a few days, or a few weeks.  But it will happen.

We all know that quick fixes don't work.  If you're hoping for a magical diet you can do to lose weight fast and "go back to normal" you'll never find it.  If you want a wide variety of great fruits, vegetables, soups, meats, and snacks that will keep you happy, keep you satisfied, and also allow you to lose your unwanted pounds, stick with LDL.  No, it's not going to happen overnight, but it IS going to happen.

We're all in this together, and you'll find SO many supporters here, and answers to all your questions. 

Here are just a few of the posts that address the same concern as you...good advice ALL OVER this board! 

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... pic=5508.0

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... pic=5853.0

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... pic=5526.0

Welcome, Heidi, and enjoy your pineapple and raspberries and banana!