Meals

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Rhea Joyce
New, but learning

Meals

Post by Rhea Joyce »

Finally got my book day before yesterday and have been "getting with the program"!  Here's something I've come up against and I wonder if anyone else has this issue.  I've always been the kind of person that can't eat too much at one sitting... so I'm not sure if the rule of having one big meal once a day is going to work for me.  Roger talked about having several bowls of soup, but I have one small bowl and I'm stuffed, especially with those high fiber beans in there!  Same with fruit, one piece of fruit and I'm full.  But then I get hungry again with a couple hours! 

If I eat all the right foods, could I still lose weight on 5-6 small meals a day, if I made sure not to eat too much?  I actually thought (from reading the million diet books I have) that it was better to eat several small meals and add protein to every meal, to keep blood sugar stable and fuel metabolism.

Not trying to overanalyze or "fix" a program that clearly works great for most people, just trying to make it work for me!  Any advice appreciated!
Rhea Joyce
New, but learning

Re: Meals

Post by Rhea Joyce »

PS- I've been reading a lot of the posts and I AM anticipating that my hunger is going to get less and less.  That's going to be a wonderful thing, but do I need to worry about not getting enough calories for good health?  Sorry for my worries, I really am excited about starting the program, I just have a lot of weight to lose and want to lose it in a healthy way!
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi Rhea,

Welcome to LDL!  :D

I would say that if you eat small meals for now, as long as you eat healthy LDL foods, that you will still lose.  I know that I have over 200 pounds to lose as well.  This is absolutely the healthiest plan I could ever hope for.  Your body is unique to you.  Therefore you must make LDL work for you.  Please just be sure to eat enough.  This is NOT a diet, this is a new way of eating that will save your life if you follow it.  I know it's hard to believe you can actually eat all of this food and lose but it's true!  ;D

(In Faith)  LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by casiedenman »

I have the book. but have questions.
can i eat several bowls of beans from 12-3 with yogurt.. (2 tblsns per bowl??
and can i have fat free cheese on broccoli.

2-when did you eat beans and corn, and peas? at lunch??

3- I can only have fruit at night??
and pop corn and or a salad??
Thanks for your help!!
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

You can eat beans whenever you want them.  You can eat fruit whenever you want it.  Same with corn and peas and all other LDL foods.  Right now especially, until all of your cravings go away, eat all of the LDL foods you want until you are full.

On the yogurt, I would suggest you try to curb the amount you are eating.  Yogurt is dairy and it can slow down your weight loss. 

You can have anything you want at night that is LDL approved right now.  As you stay on the program and your appetite decreases, you will want to have your protein meal only once a day and at lunch if possible.  The reason for this is that you don't want all of that heavy protein sitting on your stomach while you sleep and turning into fat.

Hope this helps.  :)

(In Faith)  LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by Rhea Joyce »

Thank you so much for the responses, especially you, Roger!  I just have to say again how blown away I am to have such immediate responses from you wonderful mentors who have already succeeded, when there is no personal gain for you except helping others.  And Roger, the book is written in such a personal way, it really touches me as I've been reading it.  As you describe the eating plan you have a nice balance of firmness and flexibility, and you also show respect for each individual person as they try to find what will work for them.

Thanks also to my fellow travelers who are offering support and good ideas.

About my original question, it may seem weird that a woman who is over 300 pounds would talk about getting full too fast.  I have always been a "grazer" and maybe that's not too bad, but my grazing has always included a lot of junk food, and that IS bad! 

I'm still going to try my best to follow the program as its set up, but it's nice to know there is some flexibility there.  Thanks again!