I need an idea - Potluck dessert

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Sunny Girl
New, but learning

I need an idea - Potluck dessert

Post by Sunny Girl »

Hi....Sunny Girl here.  I've been on LDL for 2 weeks, and extremely happy!!  Down 12 pounds!....But, I'm going to a dinner for 8 on Sunday afternoon, and I was assigned the dessert.  The menu is Baked Corning hens (great, I'll be able to remove the skin and enjoy) Fruit salad...(hopefully they won't put any dressing on it), Some kind of an appetizer (don't have to eat any)  and, I'm suppose to provide the dessert.    SO, help me out, please with some suggestions!!      They don't know I'm on LDL....YET!!,,,, Thanks.
sfwilley56
New, but learning

Re: I need an idea - Potluck dessert

Post by sfwilley56 »

What about a very pretty sugar free jello mold with friut and cool whip?
t-rock
Master Member

Post by t-rock »

I would suggest taking some fresh strawberries, slicing them up, and then bring for the rest of the group some shortcake biscuits and whipped cream.  That way you can just eat the berries and no one will know the difference.
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

An angel food cake and a bowl of mixed fresh fruits, ie strawberries, blueberries, raspberries makes a great dessert which is also flexible for those who don't want the cake. You can also have real whipped cream on the side made with stevia for those that want a bit of topping. Very pretty too1 :angel: gOD bLESS, eLJAYNE
Sunny Girl
New, but learning

Post by Sunny Girl »

What great ideas....now I can't decide!  I'll probably do the Strawberry Shortcake thing....with real whip cream.  I just got a Magic Bullet and you can whip cream in it.  I'll pass on the biscuit and the whip cream.  Thanks to all of you...I knew I could count on you!  *love*
t-rock
Master Member

Post by t-rock »

Since you are passing on the whipped cream, I would make it for them with brown sugar and vanilla extract. I have done this with guests and they go crazy....even when I am not eating bad stuff, I love my guests to be happy ! 
Sunny Girl
New, but learning

Post by Sunny Girl »

Hi T-Rock....brown sugar?  Ok, I'll give it a try for the others.  ;D ;D ;D
t-rock
Master Member

Post by t-rock »

Seriously...it's really good...not that I would eat it now of course, but it's a nice change, a little more rustic.
Rhonda in SGF

Post by Rhonda in SGF »

I had to do this also recently and I took some fresh sweet whole strawberries.  I washed them and left the top on them and placed them in a beautiful crystal dish.  About half of them I dipped in dolci chocolate (found it at the produce section of the grocery store by the strawberries.  I left plenty without out the chocolate for me!  :)

The chocolate ones were especially a hit but I noticed other people ate the plain ones besides me.

Sometimes people have to be led to the simple things of life because they get overlooked with all the processed sugar laden things to distract them!  :)
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

If you cant' find the chocolate a side dish of brown sugar for dipping is wonderful as well. I suspect the brown sugar in the whipped cream would taste wonderful since I find the brown sugar dip delightful....of course that's what I used to eat. Now I happily just eat the strawberries and I have my own strawberry patch so no chemicals to wash off. :cool: Eljayne
Sunny Girl
New, but learning

Post by Sunny Girl »

Thanks for all the good ideas.....and the crystal bowl filled with chocolate dipped and plain strawberries won!  I have a footed glass bowl and it looked very fancy and delightful!   
Rhonda in SGF

Post by Rhonda in SGF »

Awwww!!  Don't I feel special that you chose mine!!! (a newbie)

Truthfully, it is what I thought I could do without cheating.  Even though my love for chocolate is bigger than the ocean I did not eat even one!!!  Probably because the plain ones were just so darn good even without the chocolate!!!

Rhonda