1 month LDL

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
chipmunk

1 month LDL

Post by chipmunk »

O.K. I took to the scale it's been more then a week. :shock:  But I know if I keep stepping on the monster I would never get past 250pds I've always have had trouble with that mark..so when I hit it :tongue: last week I new I would be weighing in @ least 10 times a day and driving myself crazy So I hide the scale in the closet  :angel: :angel:
I couldn't even get on line I new I had to pay attention  everything I was eating and rereading the book again.. SO all the studying worked I just weighted I and I'm no longer fighting  250 one day and the next time 251 and the next time 250 and the next time 251 or 252. AS I said put the monster in the closet for 1 week. :angel: Got on this morning and now 249.8.. *love* But now is the question...I  know I put the monster up..Can I NOT look every 2 seconds  to see if I can keep going down and not jump back over....PRAY  for me to leave that monster where it belongs.OFF my back.. :rose:
turkkm
Master Member

Re: 1 month LDL

Post by turkkm »

Who are "the food police" anyway, lol.  Just wondering.....

Chipmunk I too struggle with scale obsessing.  :shock:

We can lick this problem together!  *love*
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
chipmunk

Post by chipmunk »

Roger, I started LDL @ the weight of 265.8 loss 15 Pd's in six days but kept playing with 3-4 Pd's for another 2 weeks while rereading your great book (with a highlighter) this time..so on the what would be my 4th week I really liked the idea of a fruit drink @ dinner (IF I WAS HUNGRY)..I changed it for just a bowl of fruit..and stayed off the  scale and I finally get pasted the 250 mark.  I lost a whole roll of my stomach my face is leaner so I know it's working I "m just scared of that mark on the scale is so close *lipssealed* I just don't want go back over again and play with that mark It has haunted me for years...I've never eat much food in the past..But now with  a fruit drink ( which I always did)

Lunch I have 4-6oz of meat then 1/2c beans or corn or just a 2c salad.Blue cheese dressing dip with a fork 
Dinner like I said just a bowl of fruit about 6p.m. I'm really busy from that point on I don't think about food  until morning... I hope I answered your question and supplied some information  so if I'm not doing LDL right please let me know...I knew about the flush , but still had faith  and to give it time before I started to try to fix things just because I wanted to lose faster. Thank-you for being such a great guy..THE LORD BE WITH YOU. :rose:
massageangel

Post by massageangel »

What are you having for breakfast?
Ritarh

Post by Ritarh »

Hey Chipmunk,
Don't feel bad, I had buried mine in the closet, but dug it out the other day!!!  Soooooooo, I took the durn thing and put it in the trunk of my car and I am going to give it back to my sister!!  You can do it girl!

Rita
chipmunk

Post by chipmunk »

massageangel  I have a fruit blender drink I like blue berries and strawberries most but I have made melon drinks too :tongue: I get up @ 4:30 a.m.  start the blender.... then peel a grapefruit ..snack on this to about 6:00a.m. if @ that time I want thing else I will two eggs then add some low fat cheese...Not all the time do I need the eggs and cheese.. I have never eaten this much food in a day so I fell great right up to bed time @ 10:00pm.Is this what you asked for or did you want recipes? :rose:
chipmunk

Post by chipmunk »

Ritarh I did think of the car :'( but I don't think I'm their yet. Until I started LDL I thought It was just me and the monster.. :rose:
massageangel

Post by massageangel »

Yes, that is what I asked.  When you wrote what you were eating I didn't see you wrote anything about breakfast unless I missed it.

4:30.  Yikes.  I don't get up until 7 or 8.  Perhaps you need a little more food since you put in such long days. 

Yes, that nasty old scale.  Actually, they're just numbers.  It's what we say they mean that matters.  It's like we trade our God given identities into something so horrible and then we become that instead of the person God intends us to be.

chipmunk

Post by chipmunk »

Yes, that nasty old scale.  Actually, they're just numbers.  It's what we say they mean that matters.  It's like we trade our God given identities into something so horrible and then we become that instead of the person God intends us to be.  you said it.. :rose: 
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Roger...do you mean the food police are those sweethearts who pop into my journal and give me advice?  Oh my, they should be called guardian angels!  *love*  God bless all at this site who have helped me and God bless you Roger for listening to God's direction in your life which has caused blessing to so many others. 
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

turkkm wrote:Roger...do you mean the food police are those sweethearts who pop into my journal and give me advice?  Oh my, they should be called guardian angels!   *love*  God bless all at this site who have helped me and God bless you Roger for listening to God's direction in your life which has caused blessing to so many others. 

I agree, can we change their name to "angelfood police"? or food police angels? Eljayne
chipmunk

Post by chipmunk »

I think were on to something ANGLE POLICE *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* :rose:
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

chipmunk wrote:I think were on to something ANGLE POLICE *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* *love* :rose:

OK now I'm confused, was that "angle" police or "angel" police?? Either way we love our food angels/police. Eljayne
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

"Angel Food" police...of course we need them since we mustn't have "Angel Food" cake, lol

I have a related question to something Roger posted above.  It is in reference to how much weight chipmunk lost in 1 month.  What is an appropriate amount to expect to loose.  I hear all kinds of things reading across these boards, including being stalled for 3 months. 

I understand it is different for everyone.  But, if you are not losing, you could also be doing something wrong. 
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

turkkm wrote:What is an appropriate amount to expect to lose.  I hear all kinds of things reading across these boards, including being stalled for 3 months. 

it's different for EVERYBODY........i would say that everyone has a good idea of wether they lose easily or not...and that's as true about let's do lunch as anything else.......as i always say, when you stop eating the unhealthy carbs, your body lets go of fluid...someone who retains a lot of fluid normally might have a nice loss in the beginning and someone who doesn't, won't....
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Thanks for the reply Niki!  I generally don't retain water at all.  I have no clue how fast I normally lose since losing is not something I do much, lol.  I will just keep trying to eat legal and pray more!  I have to admit that it kind of scares me that you could be doing this right for as much as an entire month and not lose a thing.  Improved health is my first goal But, obviously I want to lose weight too.  Geeze, I am such a rookie.  Thanks for listening Niki!
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

But I know if I keep stepping on the monster I would never get past 250pds

I'm no longer fighting  250 one day and the next time 251 and the next time 250 and the next time 251 or 252. AS I said put the monster in the closet for 1 week.  Got on this morning and now 249.8..  But now is the question...I  know I put the monster up..Can I NOT look every 2 seconds  to see if I can keep going down and not jump back over....PRAY  for me to leave that monster where it belongs.OFF my back..

I lost a whole roll of my stomach my face is leaner so I know it's working I "m just scared of that mark on the scale is so close  I just don't want go back over again and play with that mark It has haunted me for years...
Chipmunk I think it is fantastic that you lost 16 lbs in one month!!  A big congratulations to you!

I noticed in your struggle with the scale that you answered your own question "Can I NOT look every 2 seconds to see if I can keep going down and not jump back over....?"  Apparently not.
You hid the scale from yourself because you said you knew you would never get past 250 if you kept stepping on it.......and you were right.  When you stopped stressing over seeing 250 one day and 251 another day, etc.......you gave yourself freedom from stress and got below 250.  Stress can cause us to gain weight, in my experience.  So if you focus on not letting yourself go back to 250 and over because you are scared, you will be stressing again and probably do just what you don't want to do so badly.......gain the weight back.

So, instead of focusing on the numbers that fluctuate and stress, I'm hoping you'll focus on noticing that you've lost a stomach roll.  Isn't that awesome?!  And focus on the difference you see in your face. Isn't that exciting?!  I think it is because I too have noticed it in my face and look forward to when I can say the same about my stomach.
I think we help ourselves if we focus on where we want to go with our goals instead of where we don't want to go.

I'm hoping you will be able to focus on what you like about this journey.
I like this passage: Philippians 4:7-9.  Basically verse 8 of this says: whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable---if anything is excellent or praiseworthy---think about such things.

You can do this and you are doing it successfully.  Just know we are all on the journey with you and we are in your corner.
Hugs and blessings,
mrsj
chipmunk

Post by chipmunk »

mrsjudo  Thank-you ...You were right I did have to put the scale away.It had taken my life and time I had to take it back..The scale is still in the closet. I will not worry and just stay on task with THE LORDS HELP.and of course everyone here.. :rose: