Feeling awful

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
beverly1950

Feeling awful

Post by beverly1950 »

Hi,
I have a question that I hope someone can help with.  I have been on Ldl for six days.  I have followed the plan with the exception of one cup of coffee and maybe to many avocados.  My problem is I feel absolutely terrible.  I was on 1-2 cokes a day and have completely come off of them.  I have done this before and after 3 days felt better.  But now I am so weak and don't have any energy.  I have the head ache and at night acid reflux.  Which causes me to smother I guess.  But I do have allergy induced asthma most summers.  But I just don't seem to feel any stronger.  Will this pass.  I still also feel bloated.  I want to stick to the LDL because I need to lose 100 lbs.
Beverly
Eljayne
Master Member

Re: Feeling awful

Post by Eljayne »

Beverly, I'm sure you'll soon hear from the "oldies" and the "food police". I'm pretty new as well but I've read Roger's book a couple of times and I think your problem might be caffeine withdrawal if you've gone from next to no coffee and no coke in six days. It seems like he recommends cutting things with caffeine and/or sugar free soda's by 1/2 and then 1/2 again. One of the people posted they had used instant coffee granules in a smoothie to get the coffee flavor they love w/o drinking too much coffee.  Do you have your book yet?  Eljayne
Jerzygrl09

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

Hi Beverly - I too posted a very similar note a few weeks back. I wasn't having a coffee or coke withdrawal though. However, the consensus was that at some point our systems start detoxing. That creates headaches, fatigue and just plain feeling lousy for a while. I almost threw in the towel, but so glad I didn't because after several days I felt much better. This happened to me the 2nd week into LDL. And then about the time I started the 4th week, I had another 2-3 days of feeling really low, but I'm perfectly fine now. Plenty of energy and sleeping very well. About to start week 6. Hang in there.
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Caffiene withdrawl combined with your body getting used to added fluids combined with complete detoxing from processed carbs and the biggest culpit SUGAR..............trust me it will pass but it youre the least bit worried Roger is right...get in to see your dr. asap.

I never had that problem but I didnt start off doing LDL very strict.  I started by just adding a smoothie to my diet and laying off processed carbs and dairy.  I experiemented with foods finding things I liked as well as my old favorites and altered recipes to make them more friendly.  I do remember being miserable and bloated for a time....but that does pass and you will feel better than you have ever felt in your life......or at the very least for a very very long time.  lol

Love and God Bless
Debbie
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

There isn't anything more that I can add because everyone has given you great advice so I just want to say that we all have went through some types of detoxing at first. But just hang in there and it will pass! You can do this! Don't let your body, that has been in control by making you think you need the bad stuff  *evil*, tell you what to do anymore!! You have already made the decision to do this and I know you can make it all the way!! We are all here to support you!!  *love* *hug* :)

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

Welcome, Beverly1950.

I'm sorry to say this but, Been There, Done That, STAYED WITH THE PLAN  :D   I have been on again/off agin of Prilosec or something similar for GERD.  I was off it before I started LDL and had to go back on it.  We all (I think) take lots of Beano  :thumbsup: , too.  But Stay With It and hope you are doing better soon.  It took some of us about a week.  It all depends on how you were eating before LDL.  Don't give up.

*hug*
Ginny
beverly1950

Post by beverly1950 »

I am feeling so much better today, so far lol.  I still feel kind of weak, but about 90 better than yesterday.  I'm not giving up.  I wanted to go out to eat last night and the way I felt I would have really went for some bad choices.  But today I think I can stay with it.
Thanks for all of you help.  I have 95 lbs to lose and this is the first time I feel like I can really do it.  I've tried a lot of things for a few days and the willpower just goes after a day or so.  My grandson is really a great motivation.  He is 17 and eats right (can anyone believe that) He has the most will power I have ever seen.  He wants me to lose weight for my health.  So he watches what I eat and fusses when I eat junk.  I love coke and have always drank them since I was a little girl.  So I'm really having more of a problem with that.  Regular coke not diet(ugh)
Beverly
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Beverly,
I am glad you are feeling better today! It's great that you have your grandson as a motivator! I was addicted to Mt. Dew! I drank them constantly! It was hard in the beginning but I just started weening myself off of the slowly. Instead of 3 20oz bottles a day, I went to 2 and then replaced the other with water. (and I hated water) I did that for about a week and then went to 1 bottle a day for another week. Then the next week I went to 1 bottle every other day and then 1 every two days then one every 3 then one a week. Then I went completely off. I don't hate water anymore so I only drink water now. I know it seems hard but there are some people who quit cold turkey but you will have a headache for a while if you do that. It is up to you how you go about doing it but I know you can! If you are determined to be healthy then you will do it. You will never regret it in the future!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
beverly1950

Post by beverly1950 »

Tina,
Thanks for the motivation.  I weighed 245 and somehow when my husband got sick again with cancer I weighed one day and had lost 35 pounds.  That was a shock.  I thought I had gained it all back but when I started this plan I weighed and was only backup to 230.  After he passed away in Oct.  I just lived each day in a daze I guess.  Every day seemed and still does sometimes the same .  But now I need to get the years of excess weight off for my health once and for all.
Beverly
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

I can't wait to share and celebrate your successes and there will be many! You are going to feel amazing soon and you will be able to show everyone else how amazing they can feel too! I look forward to hearing more about your journey as you ride the train to Skinnytown!!  ;D

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

So sorry Beverly for your loss.  My mother is going through this as my dad died from cancer in Dec.
I'm glad you found Let's Do Lunch and this message board.
You can see there's help here for your weight loss goals and friends for the journey.
Hugs and prayers,
mrsj 
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hi beverly1950,

Welcome!  If you were born in 1950 then we were born under the same stars!  AND I also had 100 lbs to lose but since being on LDL that number has come down. YEAH!! :D

I went through a similar situation as you have described. In the second week I became extremely bloated and my clothes began to get tight again. I started looking more carefully at the ingredients in the foods I was eating and found lots of sodium. I was trying to find short cuts in buying pre made food but the best way is to cook as much of the FRESH ingredients as you can. I cut out all the sodium filled stuff and immediately saw a difference. I also added in a diet coke here and there. It is not the best thing for you and you will do much better without it but it helped me over a hump. If you were addicted, and you are starting to feel better, then you are in a better place than I was.  :thumbsup:

What I also think is that when I cut out the caffeine - which acts as a diuretic, my body began to hold on the the excess water from the fruit - also not on my eating list prior to LDL. I am doing well now and happy to hear that you are as well.

I am truly sorry for your loss. It will take time for you to heal, I know. We are all here for each other. You will find yourself coming here often for inspiration and support. 

Julie :rose:
beverly1950

Post by beverly1950 »

Thanks Julie,
We are the same age.  I got a zaxby's zalad today and I know I shouldn't have.  But i didn't eat the egg roll and only used one cup of the dressing.  I guess I just had a weak moment.  My biggest problem is the drinks.  I love coke and lemonade and sweet tea.  So I am battling that right now.  I hate the taste of stevia and any of the diet sweeteners.  I am using stevia some now and just trying to stay with the apple juice and dole pineapple juice and water.  Thank you for you sympathy.  It is a long road but I'm ok.  We were married for almost 41 years.  He was my soul mate.
Beverly
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Beverly,

I know it seems daunting. You will get there. In the meantime do the best you can and congratulate yourself for that.  :thumbsup:  It would be so much easier to give up BUT you are a child of the sixties - recall that spirit, get out your love beads and " Let the sun shine in!"  Sorry, I couldn't resist, I went to see the revival of Hair last month.  ;D

Maybe you can wean yourself from the drinks and gradually replace them with water. Maybe more smoothies would help as well. We use fruit juice in them.

Julie :rose:
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

Beverly,  Glad  :D to hear you are doing better and sticking with LDL.  It's nice to have your grandson on your side.

*hug*
Ginny
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Beverly, I don't like sweetners either, especially stevia, i think it is gross. But I actually like Truvia, have you tried that one? It is granulated like sugar and it tastes the most like sugar to me. Everyone has different tastes though, but you should try it if you haven't.

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

I'm using Truvia as well, but I thought it was the marketing name for Stevia.
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Mary is right, the reason I do not like stevia is because it tastes like saccharine to me. It was really strong and bitter to me. The truvia doesn't have any after taste to me.

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie