I can't believe that I can

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Augustin56

I can't believe that I can

Post by Augustin56 »

eat this much and lose weight!  (I just got my book last week, so I'm a "newbie.")  I've only lost 7.5 lbs, which I'm pretty sure is mostly water, but that's okay.  SOMETHING is finally happening on the positive side with my health. 

I noticed another effect of LDL eating, too.  I'm feeling a lot better.  No longer sitting around bubbling inside with heart burn, gas, etc., like I used to do all the time.  I'm feeling more alert and I've lost inches (forgot to measure when I started, but my clothes are noticeably looser).

:D
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Re: I can't believe that I can

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi Augustin and welcome!!

Congrats on the weight loss.  Now put the scale away and don't touch it again for another month.  :D

You will also notice over time that your mood and energy levels are going to sky rocket!!!  We're so happy to have you aboard. 

(In Faith)  LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by mrsj »

Welcome Augustin56.  Isn't it great that God gave this plan to Roger, someone who likes to eat!  Glad you're enjoying it and having success.
Let's keep on keeping on together!
mrsj

PS: Listen to LP about the scale.  It is an amazing freedom. 
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

Augestine I feel the same way about the amount you can eat.  It is wonderful to be on a plan that you don't practically starve and then lose very little weight.

Martha
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

welcome!!!  ;D
Augustin56

Post by Augustin56 »

My wife said the same thing about the scale.  She's losing weight, too, on LDL!  We're pretty excited about the whole thing.   I weighed myself one last time this morning.  She said the scale is going "bye bye" which I assume means she's going to hide it.  Probably a good thing, because I've always been obsessive about weighing myself.  (at LEAST once/day, sometimes more).

One thing I've found is the fruit smoothies do two big things for me.  One is cut my appetite.  The second is that I used to eat a lot of the wrong things because I was thirsty.  I know this sound crazy.  But I used to sit down with a pile of cookies and milk because I wanted the milk, just not by itself.   :D   Now, I prefer a fruit smoothie because the effects last much longer, and it quenches my thirst.  Maybe it's a heat thing?  I live in the deep south and get hot easily.  I used to eat ice cream to cool off, too. LOL  

Thanks to everyone for the support and "Hi!"  back to everyone!  And God bless you all!!! :thumbsup:
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Augustin56, Welcome! It is so great to have you and your wife aboard!  *woot* *woot* I love the smoothies too! My husband tells me all the time that he can't believe how filling a smoothie is. I live in the south too! I live in Lizella, Ga. where do you live?

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Augustin56 wrote:Thanks to everyone for the support and "Hi!"  back to everyone!  And God bless you all!!! :thumbsup:

i just can't even tell you how i love seeing men get involved with let's do lunch.....richard hernandez, tom, joe, big ben(WHERE is he?)..remember mike?....it's PERFECT for men who don't want to portion control and want to eat until they're done.............i'm sure roger would love to see more men here, being as he's surrounded by us cackling hens who at times cackle more than at others......haha.....
so happy that you and your wife have found let's do lunch....take care.....and keep us posted on your success..........niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Niki, I agree with you. My husband would be on here posting but I won't let him have the computer!  *evil*

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
Augustin56

Post by Augustin56 »

Hey, Tina!

We live in Northport, AL (right next to Tuscaloosa where Univ. of Alabama is).  I work in B'ham, though, so it's a long commute (about 140 mi. round trip/day). 

Steve
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Wow Steve, you don't live to far from us! That is a long way to drive for work every day! Hope to hear more from you about you and your wife's successes on ldl, because as long as you follow the plan, there will be many of those!  *woot*

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie