To God be the Glory

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
eatingforthegloryofGOD

To God be the Glory

Post by eatingforthegloryofGOD »

Hi everyone.  My name is Melinda.  I am 39 years old.  I heard about LDL in the recent First magazine article.  I was very excited to see that this program was created with a heart for God's way of eating.  I used to weigh 270 pounds and over a 3 year period I lost 100 pounds by eating God's way.  I have struggled with cravings though and fluctuated in my weight by 25-30 pounds over the last three years and I'm ready to just be the weight that I'm supposed to be!

I'm excited to get the book (should be here soon!) and start making some of these recipes.  I have been reading the message boards here and there and have gotten a good feel for the basic concepts of this way of eating.  I have been doing this for about 5 days now and I feel great!  I actually welcome hunger pangs but haven't had too many since I started.

I am recently married and my husband HATES beans so I will have to slip them in with some of these creative recipes!  He likes to eat right too so I'm sure he will read the book when it arrives.  :)

Melinda

Romans 12:1
Hebrews 12:11
No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.    Hebrews 12:11
heretotheend

Re: To God be the Glory

Post by heretotheend »

Welcome Melinda!  I too am here as a result of the First magazine article. All of the recipes that I have tried are really good. I was sort of concerned at first about maybe eating so many beans but to be truthful I don't always taste the beans and they do help keep me full.

Good luck on your trip to Skinnytown

Martha
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

welcome!  i always like to tell people to try the tamale pie.  the beans on top act as a crust.  i bet your hubby wouldn't even know  ;)
eatingforthegloryofGOD

Thanks, I will try it soon!
No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.    Hebrews 12:11
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

Melinda,

My husband is a beaner hater, too.  He loved the pizza soup with mashed up beans.  I just omitted telling him that his favorite food was in it!

RB Kayaking
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Hi Melinda...

I notice you said you lost 100 pounds over the last three years eating "God's way"  What do you mean by that?  Natural whole foods the way God provides them for us?  Nothing processed?  

Welcome to LDL.  

God bless...
margo
Last edited by margo on June 16th, 2009, 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Welcome Melinda,

We are so happy to have you join us.  This is such a healthy way to eat.

My dh also was skeptical about beans, and other things but he now enjoys most recipes that I make up.  I made a zucchini lasagna for him a couple of days ago and he wolfed that down and when I make him his favorite food, potatoes, he asks why I am cooking them, he rather eat ldl.  So miracles do happen with our dh's and it will for yours also.

God bless and a hug to you,

Carrole
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi Melinda,

Welcome to LDL  :)  Congratulations on the weight you've already lost.  That's wonderful.

(In Faith)  LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Margo:  I lost 100 pounds by asking God for His grace and then submitting to eating more like He would have intended us to.  I cut out MOST processed foods mainly.  There is so much junk in them!!!  I still ate some bread and yogurt and things that have processed flour and sugar in them.  But not nearly as much as I did before.  I lost the weight from 2003-2005 and have been maintaining since then.  Truth be told, I have been yo-yoing with 25-30 pounds since then!  I find when I don't eat bread, I really don't crave it anymore.  But as soon as I eat it, that's all I want!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.  I'm looking forward to trying many of the new recipes- i love to cook!

I made the most filling tomato soup this morning and someone had talked about schloop, i made that too.  YUMMY!!!
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

"I find when I don't eat bread, I really don't crave it anymore.  But as soon as I eat it, that's all I want!"

OHHHHHHhhhh yessssss!!  Me too!!  I am a bread/cracker/cheesecracker addict....And i'm the same way about rice, no matter what color it is.  once i start, even the healthy rice..forgetaboutit....  so i'm a purist right now about LDL....and i notice my cravings melting away....i have about 6 bags of "good" rice in the pantry but we decided to leave it there...and as long as i don't put it in my mouth, i can look at it there all day long, no problem.  *lipssealed*

I'm so happy to back on LDL!  I look forward to seeing the weight drop off...!

God bless!
margo