new with fat cravings

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
mewsical

new with fat cravings

Post by mewsical »

Hello,
I am just 5 days old here (otherwise 63).  My book hasn't arrived yet, so I am trying to follow the FIRST article.  I have a fruit smoothie for breakfast, lean meat and veggies at lunch, and soup and fruit for dinner.  So far, so good.  THEN around 8pm I am absolutely starving (even though I weight 204).  I CRAVE:  chicken, tuna with mayo,  peanut butter, ice cream, or anything at all (especially something fat).  I try to imagine these foods with magots all over them, but even that looks almost ok.  Grapes don't do the trick.  What can help me? 
Also, does any know, is barley tea considered a grain?  Thanks for your suggestions.
isthis4me

Re: new with fat cravings

Post by isthis4me »

Hi and welcome to LDL
please go here http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... pic=5415.0 to get started properly
You need to add beans and EAT beans, corn. popcorn grapes etc till your hearts content and the cravings WILL go way

*hug*
sibelclair

Post by sibelclair »

Have you tried some pop corn with a little olive oil and a bit of salt ?  That helps me in the evening..
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

hit the faq's section, it will help you get started right.  God bless your journey, and remember to eat ldl foods until you are full, don't worry about how much you are eating, but eat until full, add beans to your smoothy, and it will last longer.  Again I say eat beans and more beans.  if you buy canned ones, look at the ingredient list, if they have sugar in them, rinse well before using or find some without sugar preferably.  I use a vegetarian refried beans, and add salsa to them for a bit of a spicy bite.  I try to eat beans with my main meal and with my morning smoothy, that way I avoid needing to snack;  but if I'm hungry, I eat frozen grapes, and any other fruit.
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Yep..you're missing beans or lentils or corn...

I'm getting ready to have some popcorn right now....a bit of butter spray and a weeeee bit of olive oil sprayed on and a few dashes of sea salt.  Yum...

Good night all...

margo
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

mewsical wrote: THEN around 8pm I am absolutely starving (even though I weight 204).  I CRAVE:  chicken, tuna with mayo,  peanut butter, ice cream, or anything at all (especially something fat). 
Also, does any know, is barley tea considered a grain? 

if barley tea is derived in any way from barley, it wouldn't be acceptable.......
you have to eat bigger meals and if you're craving chicken or tuna with mayo, EAT IT......you probably need more protein........as far as the craving for sweets?.....all the sweetest fruit you could possibly eat...eat all the allowable foods whenever you want until you're craving free.........try to eat until full(you're NOT on a diet).....there's just something about eating until really full that flicks the switch in your brain telling you that you're NOT hungry....
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

Ya gotta love LDL--when you are craving something RT says eat more! 

My first week I just kinda flitted around having a fruit smoothie for breakfast, snacking on fruit, big lunch of chicken and beans and corn and then soup for dinner (and a few non no foods that I didn't know about until I read the book) and I lost inches and most important I lost my desire for sweets and breads.

Trust what everyone is saying--eat more fruit, eat all that you want for lunch, pile it on, then fruit again for dinner.  If you have to snack, snack.  Trust what Roger has written, this is the SWOE (Smart Way Of Eating) that you can do forever.

Oh and I'm 54 so I've had this tummy for a while but I'm not going to miss her when she's gone!

RB Kayaking
mewsical

Post by mewsical »

Wow, thanks to everyone for your help and support.  I just bought some beans and some popcorn.  I feel so encouraged with all the help I got.  It is just like a family of support from those who know.  I actually cried a bit.  I KNOW I will succeed with these kinds of friends.  God Bless you all, and happy loosing.   
-Mewsical
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Everyone has already given you really great suggestions. And they are right - the FAQs gives you a ton of info. I would also look around in the recipe sections.  :thumbsup:

If you are looking for something creamy and possibly cold, you can freeze some fruit and then puree or mash it. Seriously, if you like bananas - try them this way - better than ice cream!  I was like "Where have you been all my life?"  when I first tasted them.  There are a lot of recipes for frozen fruit combos so check it out!  I am a purist so I like my bananas ALL ALONE.  And don't forget the smoothies. Make them a little thicker and you've got yourself a blizzard or a shake - whatever they call them in your neck of the woods.

If you want something warm, cut banana slices and saute them in a pan. After a minute or two add some apple juice and let it reduce a little and add cinnamon to taste. There are wonderful recipes on the site but I like my food pretty plain and so does my body. Too many spices and I break out in a rash. So these are quick and easy.  *woot*

BTW, welcome aboard! You'll love it here.  Great bunch of people!

Julie :rose: