Losing my resolve, not losing my weight

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Mirror

Losing my resolve, not losing my weight

Post by Mirror »

Hi,

I've been sticking to the LDL plan for 34 days now and I enjoy it, am satisfied, no cravings BUT I've only lost 12 #s and I am stuck here for 10 days and getting very discouraged. Maybe it is all the advertising on TV (I lost a whole jean size in 10 days!) or the Biggest Loser (I lost 13 #s in one week!) I also walk my dog a mile every day. I'm 53 and have struggled with my weight my whole life.

My honey has a huge 100x80 veggie garden and we have fruit trees and bushes, too - so I eat very healthy. With LDL, getting rid of cravings, I've been able to shrink my portion sizes, too. But this is going soooo slowly that my food-a-holic brain is starting to tell me it is not ever going to work so why try.

Any words of wisdom on how to break this plateau and keep my negative internal dialog quiet?

thx, for listening...
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Re: Losing my resolve, not losing my weight

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

i've been doing this for 4 weeks and have lost 15.  i stopped loosing after a few weeks...now i'm loosing again.  :thumbsup:  that will happen!  keep on going!!!  :thumbsup:
Mirror

Post by Mirror »

thx!
Mirror

Post by Mirror »

okay - thx for the perspective

I did LDL a couple years ago and lost almost 30#s in 6 weeks when my honey had to leave for a job, then my honey came home and started cooking again - he's an excellent cook, but lots of butter, lots of cheese, lots of pastries and I just got lost in it and having him home. Now I've taken back what I need and he's being supportive. The LDL plan is so marvelous because it really does quash the cravings. I guess I just need to put on my patience pants and wait for this plateau to pass...
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

see...so you know it works girl!  ;D  gosh 30lbs in 6 weeks...that's great!
needwife

Post by needwife »

DEAR MIRROR=== PLEASE THROW THE SCALES AWAY. THEY WILL MAKE YOU LOSE YOUR MIND.

JUST FOLLOW THE PROGRAM AND POST A FOOD JOURNAL, IF YOU DO THAT THE FOOD POLICE WILL CHECK YOU OUT.

THEY WILL FIND ANY HIDDEN NO-NOS. BUT PLEASE THROW THE SCALES AWAY. I PROMISE YOU THE POUNDS WILL GO AWAY.

GOOD LUCK TTYL NEEDWIFE  :thumbsup:
url=http://www.TickerFactory.%20%20(NEEDWIFE%20).com/weight-loss/wqTc32y/]Image[/url]
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Hi Mirror!

You have been on plan for 34 days and the last 10 days of that  34 days you haven't lost any weight but you've lost 12 pounds before those last ten days?  That means you've actually lost 12 pounds in 24 days....that's 1/2 pound a day for crying out loud!!  That's incredible...

i remember the first time i did LDL, i didn't lose anything for a couple of months i think....certainly more than a month passed without losing anything....same with my hubby...but when it started coming off,  it started coming off....  I would love to be able to say that i've lost 12 pounds in 24 days....

We really must try to be more reasonable, no?  And watch out for that devil....he can have us thinking all sorts of self-defeating thoughts....believe me....i know!
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

Try on your most favorite outfit that doesn't fit and watch it come closer and closer to fitting.  That's way more fun than watching that scale go no where.

KB Kayaking
Jerzygrl09

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

I only lost 6lbs in 7 weeks!! But, I'm not giving up. There have been other plans I used where I lost 15lbs in 5 weeks, and I did keep it off for a long time. This is a lot slower going for me and sometimes discouraging when I see some of the large weight loss posts in a 2 week period. But, I love this WOE, the cravings are gone and I'm satisifed. That's a God-send in and of itself.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

I think you're doing AWESOME!  :thumbsup: Look how far you've come. I think we live in an very impatient society and the success of  any GET ---- QUICK scheme is doomed to fail in the long term, regardless of the word you type in the middle. :D

Please be grateful for all that you have accomplished, for the beautiful garden that sustains you and the wonderful HONEY that cooks for you. You are so blessed!  What is the alternative really? Would you go back to making  unhealthy food choices?  Would you want to see the scale go in the other direction and feel lethargic again and subject yourself to every new fad diet that comes along --- praying that this will be "the one"?  STOP THE INSANITY!! Just kidding - wasn't there a bald diet guru that use to say that?  ;D ;D

Anyway, whenever you are feeling like you need a boost-- come back and plug into the most incredibly supportive group of people that I have ever met *love*

This is a way of life --- there is no ending!

Julie :rose:
SCOOK

Post by SCOOK »

I have read the book twice over the last 10 days, but I have not lost any weight following this plan. It is very difficult to follow and stay on and the recipes just don't sound good at all.  I am not much of a bean person, so I have basically been eating fruit for breakfast with yogurt, then lunch is usually turkey or chicken and fruit, sometimes with salad, then dinner is assorted fruit or a smoothie and I have air popped popcorn with olive oil spray as a snack about 3 times per week.  Why haven't I lost any weight?  In fact, this morning the scale was up two pounds.  It always seems no matter what diet I try, they don't work for me or I lose the least amount of weight of anyone else on the program.  I have even had diet coaches accuse me of cheating, which is very hurtful. I am already discouraged and a little jealous of everyone else's progress, while I am not having the results that anyone I have read on the message boards.  Can anyone help me out?
needwife

Post by needwife »

DEAR SCOOK, WELCOME TO LDL,  WHEN I FIRST GOT MY BOOK IN DEC OF 2008, I KEPT THINKING ABOUT ALLTHE OTHER DIETS I HAD FAILED ON AND I THOUGHT ABOUT HOW MUCH WEIGHT I HAD TO LOSE .

I NEEDED TO LOSE 303 POUNDS , THAT IS 2 PEOPLE, MY HEALTH WAS VERY POOR AND ALL I THOUGHT ABOUT WAS DYING.

BUT THE MORE I READ THE BOOK AND THE MORE I READ  THE DIFFERENT RECIPES, MY MIND BEGAN TO THINK ABOUT WHEN I WAS A CHILD AND MY MOTHER WOULD TAKE OUT A RECIPE BOOK AND CHANGE ABOUT HALF THE STUFF IN THE RECIPE, WITH STUFF SHE HAD ON HAND.

I WOULD ALWAYS THINK THAT THE STUFF THAT SHE MADE WOULD MAKE A BILLY GOAT PUKE. BUT IT WAS ALWAYS VERY GOOD .

SHE WOULD HAVE TO FORCE ME TO EAT IT TO SHOW ME HOW GOOD IT REALLY WAS.

SHE TAUGHT ME THAT MOST FOOD NO MATTER WHAT IT IS  TASTE VERY BLAND, AND IT IS THE SEASONING THAT YOU PUT IN THAT GIVE YOUR FOOD THE FLAVOR, NOT THE FOOD ITSELF.

WHEN I FIRST LOOKED AT THE RECIPES ON LDL, I THOUGHT SOME OF THESE SOUND NASTY, BUT I COULD NOT HELP BUT REMEMBER MY MOTHER PUTTING SQUASH IN COOKIES.

I WILL NEVER FORGET HOW GOOD THOSE COOKIES WERE, I DONT WANT YOU TO GIVE UP ON LDL. I WAS ONE STEP AWAY FROM DEATH AND LDL SAVED MY LIFE.

PLEASE THROW YOUR SCALES AWAY AND POST A FOOD JOURNAL , SO THAT THE FOOD POLICE CAN CHECK FOR MISTAKES AND NO-NOS.

ALL THE GREAT TASTES OF FOOD THAT GOT YOU OVERWEIGHT CAN BE MADE WITH LDL APPROVED FOODS , YOU JUST HAVE TO THINK AND EXPERMENT ALITTLE.

I WOULD HAVE NEVER THOUGHT I COULD EAT POTATO SALAD WITHOUT A POTATO IN IT AND IT TASTE JUST LIKE POTATO SALAD,

OR HAVE FRENCH FRIES MADE OUT OF BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND THEM TASTE LIKE FRENCH FRIES.

PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IS NOT A DIET, YOU EAT UNTIL YOU ARE FULL , ON A DIET YOU DONT EAT UNTIL YOU ARE FULL, YOU STARVE UNTIL YOU QUIT THE DIET.

DONT THINK ABOUT WHAT A CERTAIN FOOD TASTE LIKE IN A RECIPE, THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CAN MAKE IT TASTE LIKE, BECAUSE THATS WHAT COUNTS.

THANK YOU FOR POSTING, I BEG YOU NOT TO GIVE UP, IF YOU WILL FORGET ABOUT THOSE SCALES FOR 30 DAYS AND HAVE SOME FUN IN THE KITCHEN, YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT.

I STILL HAVE 195 POUNDS TO GO AND ME AND YOU CAN MAKE IT TO SKINNYTOWN. SO CLIMB ON THIS TRAIN WITH ME FOR 30 DAYS AND LETS RIDE.

I LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU IN 30 DAYS, WHEN YOU JUMP FOR JOY.

GOOD LUCK . TTYL NEEDWIFE  :thumbsup:
url=http://www.TickerFactory.%20%20(NEEDWIFE%20).com/weight-loss/wqTc32y/]Image[/url]