page 117 of the book--please clarify

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
yourdish

page 117 of the book--please clarify

Post by yourdish »

Hi Everyone,

I'm delighted with the book and absolutely thrilled with these laminated recipe cards. I've all set to experience  success, but one thing is almost too good to be true.

On page 117 (which discusses various condiments,) I am finding the word "honey" and want to make sure this is not a typo. Does this mean that I can use an occasional drop or two of honey in my hot mint tea? Obviously we shouldn't abuse this and eat honey by the tablespoons. I recall it's in one recipe for baked beans, also.

Thanks for clarification

yourdish
Happiness is frozen grapes and warm friends!

Give in to your bean cravings!

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wyfSlc2/
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Re: page 117 of the book--please clarify

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

Meegggggggggggggggggg  *love* 

i have no clue...just wanted to say HI  :teeth:
Jerzygrl09

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

well...I've been sick this week and used honey to soothe my throat and I still lost some weight. I wasn't sick enough to not eat.  :D
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Finding the word "honey" in the book is not a typo. There are several recipes that include honey on the boards. This is an ingredient that adds a lot of depth to certain things...like a cup a tea or a salad dressing.  You can use it with caution, knowing that if you have too much of it, you will experience weight stall or weight gain.  Again, this is your call.  Many of us have incorporated honey into LDL and still lost weight, but we were frugal with its use.  Hope this helps.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

yourdish

thanks to all

Post by yourdish »

Hi Lizzy, and thanks to all who answered me.

My great grandfather was a bee keeper. He had a stroke-like spell in his 50's and they even wrote his obituary. He recovered, and lived into his high nineties. So you gotta wonder what good stuff might be in a dab of honey. You're so right that if we abuse things we're the ones whose loss will stop. By the way, I too am rarely ever too sick to want nourishment.  My main worry about childbirth and surgery experiences was the whole not eating thing. :blush:

yourdish

LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Jerzygrl09 wrote: I wasn't sick enough to not eat.  :D

Jerzygirl you made me laugh!!!  :laughing:  *Hugs*  I hope you are feeling better.  LDL chicken soup is wonderful!

(In Faith) LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by CodingQueen »

Welcome yourdish to LDL. I think we can learn a lot from our great grandparents. They didn't eat all the processed foods that we have today and I think that's why they were so healthy. Honey is a natural sugar unlike the sugar we buy in the grocery store that has been stripped from the sugar cane and processed. My grandfather would always put a tablespoon in his apple cider drink every morning to make it taste better and he lived to be a very old man. My father also uses it in his apple cider drink and he's still going strong at the age of 70. In fact, his blood sugar was normal at his last check up with his doctor.
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

that is pretty interesting about the honey!
Jerzygrl09

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

LittlePrincess - I LIVE to eat - there aren't many food items on this earth I don't like. That's part of my problem and why, even on LDL, I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible. I have no clue what it means that "it's not what you're eating, it's what's eating you" to explain away why someone is overweight. Can't it just be because WE LOVE FOOD? I've been around awhile  :D and I've been pondering this question for many years - and for the life of me, I can't find another answer. Some people like to surf, or do arts & crafts, I like to taste things. It's that simple.  *evil*

I usually finish one meal and start thinking about what I'm having at the next one. I have to say, though, on this WOE I am really under control with the cravings. And am well satisfied in-between. Those beans and corn really do fill you up - and FINALLY, the beans are well tolerated.  :kiss:
yourdish

honey and apple cider vinegar

Post by yourdish »

Coding Queen: your grandfather and my great grandfather must have been onto something. Mine, (the beekeeper) used to keep a jug of cider in his basement, which everyone in the family knew was actually turning into hard cider. He was a minister and great grandma didn't approve of strong drink. Once when my Mom was a kid, she poured  vinegar into his jug as a prank. Later he drank down a glass of it down, commenting "Hmmm... that cider really is becoming rather brisk."

yourdish

CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

yourdish,

That's too funny! I don't think my grandmother would dared to do that... :laughing:
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

"...rather brisk"...doncha love it???
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

yourdish

cider spiked with vinegar

Post by yourdish »

When Mom told us the story, just recently,in her mid eighties, she said "...one of the grandkids got the idea to pour vinegar into his cider jug, then we could hardly wait until he went to the basement to take a swig of it."

It sounded like her kind of prank, so I said "Hmmmm, exactly which of Great Grandpa's grandkids did that?!"

She laughed and admitted she had been the guilty party.

I love her dearly, but she's the kind of person who would sneak a little chicken broth into the soup of a vegetarian.  'Nuff said.