This has to work

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
CapriSun
New, but learning

This has to work

Post by CapriSun »

I've tried everything. Everything. Well, not surgery, but diets and eating plans and blah blah blah? Yeah, BTDT.

I think my book is on its way. I'm excited about that. For several months now I've been eating more fruits, trying to make an effort to do that. One of my favorite snacks that I look forward to in the evenings are some frozen blueberries. Unsweetened, natural, out of a big $11 bag from Costco. I even have the kids eating them sometimes rather than typical snacks. Maybe my efforts in eating more fruit all this time were God's way of prepping me for the discovery (in Woman's World) of LDL!  :)

So, anyway, I just wanted to say hi and I look forward to making my rapidly approaching 40s (and beyond!) some of the best years of my life.  *love*

Tami
mom
Master Member

Re: This has to work

Post by mom »

Tami: welcome to ldl, before your book comes, hit the faqs section to get yourself off on the right foot, remember for the first few weeks while you are fighting cravings to eat any ldl food until full, don't worry about how much you eat, just eat until full.  after a few weeks, you will notice yourself eating less, and eating less often.  every persons journey is different, hide your scale for the first month, judge how ldl is working, by how you feel, how your clothes fit, and how much more energy you have.  and read labels, you don't want anything with sugar, high fructose corn syrup, dextrose or any of the other many names for sugar in it,  May God bless your journey
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

Welcome Tami.  I found out about LDL in the First magazine. If not for the magazine I may never have known about LDL. I am completeing my second week today and can already tell  it in some of my clothes.

Until your book comes just read as much as you can on these boards and that will really help when you start this WOE.  I have eaten some beans in ways that I never have before and they have all been delicious.

There is just so much help on these boards so don't be afraid to ask if you have any questions.

Good luck on your journey,
Martha
Last edited by heretotheend on June 21st, 2009, 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Tami- I am nearing a month on the program, and, like you, am a veteran of many diet programs.  This is the program you have been looking for and the last program you will ever need.  It is not a diet, but a way of eating whole, non-adulterated foods that will satisfy you while your weight is discarded permanently.  You will find this forum to be a lifeline.  Enjoy the journey.  Pam
ginney

Post by ginney »

It will and it does.  I believe a lot of us are/were in the same boat but since finding LDL, things are going in our favor and we are on the train to "Skinny Town".  Please just take it "One day at at time", and visit here at least once a day.  Everyone on here is soooooooooo Awesome and I look forward to getting to know everyone better.
Take care and welcome to LDL......
stephyanders

Post by stephyanders »

I was skeptical at first but I gave it a go because I had nothing to lose! I'm in week three and have alreay lost 17 lbs and wore a pair of pants yesterday that I haven't been able to wear in a long time! Even this morning I had to force myself to eat breakfast because I just wasn't hungry!
I'm glad you're with us!
ginney

Post by ginney »

You go girl!!!!!!  Totally awesome, keep up the great work!    :thumbsup:
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Tami,

This will work!  And you're right, God did prep you for this  :angel:

I used to follow Atkins and never ate fruit or corn.  About a month before the First article, I started eating corn when I was hungry just bc it was sweet and satisfying.  I also began to eat watermelon again. I we prepping too without even knowing.
I have been on LDL for almost a month. I started a topic that asks "Can we get to 100..." and everone is posting their observations about the benefits of LDL. Take a peek and see some of the crazy and wonderful stuff on there.
I KNOW you will start to see a lot of those benefits real soon.  :thumbsup:
It is so great to have you here with us.

Julie :rose:
CapriSun
New, but learning

Post by CapriSun »

Thank you everyone for the welcome and encouraging words!

I got my book & cards yesterday, and today I made Roger Troy Burgers. Yum!! Even my family ate them, though my husband said they were "a little too crunchy". I'm not sure what he meant by that, as it didn't seem crunchy to me. But I am glad they are good and I ate to my heart's content  :) This bodes well I think!
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

WELCOME Tami!!  mmm...burgers!  you'll be surprised on how much your family will love the food.  my husband and 3...which 2 of them are kind of picky boys...love the food.  my princess will eat anything.  although she loves her fruit and veggies most.  :thumbsup:  anyways...i'm glad your here!!!