Sigh...another question already!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
ArmyWife1125
New, but learning

Sigh...another question already!

Post by ArmyWife1125 »

Hello again...

First off, It may not look like it but I DID in fact ready my book! Haha  My next question is... what about flavoring water?  I have a really hard time with plain water, but I know that it's important for health and weight loss.  Is it going to ruin things for me if I put a sprinkle of crystal light in my water?  For example I mix a packet made for a 16 oz. bottle of water and mix it in 32 to 48 oz of water.  It's extremely diluted, but it's enough that I can get my water down.  I've tried lemon and it's just not as successful as the crystal light packets in getting me to drink my water.  Thanks so much!

Kristin
niki
Administrator

Re: Sigh...another question already!

Post by niki »

ArmyWife1125 wrote:Is it going to ruin things for me if I put a sprinkle of crystal light in my water? 

when i first started let's do lunch, i used crystal light like mad and it didn't give me cravings or have any ill effects on me...i stopped drinking it because i read about how bad it is for you....i started squeezing a lime into a pitcher of filtered water that i kept cold in the fridge...but, every so often, i drink coke zero....and once in a while, i do drink crystal light.....
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Go ahead and drink it like that for now. don't try to change how you drink water while you're changing how you eat. (Someone else might be ready to do everything all at once; but I say, cut yourself some slack.) When your body settles down you may decide that your tastes have changed. And you will find other, healthier ways, of flavoring your water.
ArmyWife1125
New, but learning

Post by ArmyWife1125 »

thanks everybody!
GEM
Master Member

Post by GEM »

I pour water into a large, pretty crystal glass, add a few bobbers of frozen watermelon, a twist of lemon, and some peppermint leaves.  Looks pretty, the melon melts giving a hint of flavor, while the lemon and mint give the water a little soul, (and I get ammunition to target practice my seed spitting skills.)

GEM

:kissed:
GEM
ArmyWife1125
New, but learning

Post by ArmyWife1125 »

HaHa Gem.  I love watermelon so I'll definitely give that a try.  Maybe someday I can be as good a watermelon seed shooter as you!  Thanks a bunch!

Kristin
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

I use the fresh strawberry lemonade when I can't get my water down. It is really good, it tastes like pink lemonade but it is made with fresh fruit. My kids love it too. Here is the recipe:

4 lemons
1 1/2 c. fresh strawberries
water
ice
stevia to sweeten

GRATE the lemon zest from the lemons and place in a large pitcher

Juice the lemons and put in pitcher

Puree strawberries in blender or bullet until liquified, add stevia to taste

Add to pitcher with ice & water....adding enough water to make a light pink colored beverage...serve with extra lemon slices....
Enjoy 

I hope this helps. I don't like stevia so I use truvia and to me it tastes like real sugar.

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

Gem,

What's the secret to getting those watermelon seeds to go?  Guess I might have to stop buying seedless watermelons.

RB Kayaking
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Please try the incredible health benefits of green tea.  I drink it ice cold with a little Stevia.  So good for you and its refreshing.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

ArmyWife1125
New, but learning

Post by ArmyWife1125 »

patsyfay,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I would LOVE to be able to drink tea...any kind of tea.  I keep trying it and I just can't get it down.  I'm frequently jealous of those who love it.  I will probably never stop trying to like it, haha

Kristin
GEM
Master Member

Post by GEM »

RB Kayaking wrote:Gem,

What's the secret to getting those watermelon seeds to go?  Guess I might have to stop buying seedless watermelons.

RB Kayaking

Yes, well, I think that might be one's first step.  And then, of course, one must be long winded and full of hot air, like me.  Next, one must have ample motivation to learn proper technique, for instance, to "ping" the kitties off the kitchen counter.  Then it simply becomes a matter of practice, practice, practice.  As with all great athletes, there may be a genetic componet to my talent, but certain hints may help others compensate for their lack of natural ability.  For example, inhale a deep propelling breath before tonguing the seed from the pouch of one's cheek onto the tip of the tongue, not after, lest one end up with baby watermelons growing in their lungs or belly.  I am going to go cut a melon now and take scientific notes on my actual technique to share with you.  In time, with perseverance, I see myself becoming the GEM Watermelon Seed of America, much like my hero, Johnny Appleseed.  And you, with your kayak, could certainly seed the offshore atolls and islands.  You could become the spitting image of...

GEM

GEM
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

Gem,

I LOL to the point of crying.  I'm loading up my mango orange kayak with watermelon seeds and heading for the Black Water.  Maybe I'll be able to harvest the results of spitting seeds this fall. 

Does anyone know if gators like watermelons?  I'm not sure that I would be willing to wrestle a gator for a melon when I could just go down tothe green grocery.  But then again if I seeded those melons...

RB Kayaking
GEM
Master Member

Post by GEM »

RB Kayaking wrote:Gem,

I LOL to the point of crying.  I'm loading up my mango orange kayak with watermelon seeds and heading for the Black Water.  Maybe I'll be able to harvest the results of spitting seeds this fall. 

Does anyone know if gators like watermelons?  I'm not sure that I would be willing to wrestle a gator for a melon when I could just go down tothe green grocery.  But then again if I seeded those melons...

RB Kayaking

Be like he was a eatin' your babies.  But hey, girlfriend...there's gonna be plenty of melons for all God's creatures, 'cause I suspect you're gonna be a prolific spitter.  I keep reminden' folks that I love quotes, but I fracture them mercilessly.  Warning's in place, this one's in honor of old Johnny, my afore mentioned hero:  Any one can count the seeds in an apple, but only God can count the apples in a seed.   Be a bit harder countin' seeds in, say, one of them humongous Black Diamond watermelons, but the miracle's the same.

Your country's countin' on you...paddle out there to the Blackwater and spit, spit, spit!  I'm right proud to be your sponsor (but I ain't payin' for no endorsement painted on your kayak...where would they print it, after all, for maximum advertising exposure?  Me, now, on mine they'd but it underneath my kayak, cause I'm usually floatin' bottoms up!) ;) :shock: :blink:

GEM

GEM
vleller

Post by vleller »

Hey Gem, I'm a melon spitter from WWWAAAAYYY back - last century as a matter of fact.  I grew up in the Panama Canal Zone (Army brat) eating the juiciest watermelons and spitting the seeds off the back porch.  They sprouted and grew up and gave me more melons.  My sis wasn't as good a grower as me though - somehow her little sprouts kept getting decapitated.  It was probably the monkeys eating them. That was my storyline. ;)

I'll help in the populating of the seeds by spitting some in the TN river here so all the river banks can have the vines growing all the way to the Gulf. Lemme think, the TN river connects with the TN-Tombigbee River which eventually connects with the Port of Mobile, which dumps into the Gulf of Mexico.  So, with the help of the Gulf Stream, those LDL'ers living in FL may even find some of my little seeds sprouting along their shores too. Wow!  What a responsibility!  :shock: Watermelons for everyone!!  :thumbsup:  Must go make my plans now.

[glow=red,2,300]Lynn[/glow]
Lynn
GEM
Master Member

Post by GEM »

vleller wrote:Hey Gem, I'm a melon spitter from WWWAAAAYYY back - last century as a matter of fact.  I grew up in the Panama Canal Zone (Army brat) eating the juiciest watermelons and spitting the seeds off the back porch.  They sprouted and grew up and gave me more melons.  My sis wasn't as good a grower as me though - somehow her little sprouts kept getting decapitated.  It was probably the monkeys eating them. That was my storyline. ;)

I'll help in the populating of the seeds by spitting some in the TN river here so all the river banks can have the vines growing all the way to the Gulf. Lemme think, the TN river connects with the TN-Tombigbee River which eventually connects with the Port of Mobile, which dumps into the Gulf of Mexico.  So, with the help of the Gulf Stream, those LDL'ers living in FL may even find some of my little seeds sprouting along their shores too. Wow!  What a responsibility!  :shock: Watermelons for everyone!!   :thumbsup:  Must go make my plans now.

[glow=red,2,300]Lynn[/glow]

From one person, one mouth, one gob of spit propelling one little watermelon seed, grows a legion of spitters.  Lynn, RBkayaking...we're not alone...we're just the first.  One small spit for man, multiple small spits for mankind.  I am just so proud.  You heard the call and you answered...  Hark?  Is that the hawking sound of thousands of LDL spitters joining us in our mission?  Glory, glory hallelujiah!  What shall we name our ministry?  Do you suppose we can enlist seed companies to donate to our cause?  I can't type anymore:  I must lift my fingers from the keyboard to wipe my overflowing eyes...tears of joy!  Yea, verily, I say unto thee, sisters, tears of joy.  Now go forth and multiply!

GEM

GEM