[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4790: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
Let's Do Lunch Community • View topic - Butter Beans???

Let's Do Lunch Community

See your doctor for approval before starting any new eating program.
The Key to Let's Do Lunch is to "Add a Little Something Fattening" to something nonfattening, to make it Taste Great! Read the New Red Book to find out how this is done!

Author believes we are put on this earth to have a chance to love The Lord. Other than that, we are here to help God bless as many other people as possible.

It is currently

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Butter Beans???

Hi all, I am trying to get all my food in a row to start LDL.  However, I am confused about butter beans.  Here in Ontario Canada, I cannot find them, unless I am looking in the wrong place in the grocery store????  I googled them and it said they are lima beans?  Can someone help me as to what these beans are so I can buy them here?

Thanks for all everyone's words of wisdom.

Cheryl

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Butter Beans???

Hi Cheryl,

Here is a link to the discussion about what butter beans are and whether or not they are a type of lima beans, and I've got to admit it might confuse you more or it could shed light on the whole situation!  Down here in Florida where I live, butter beans are labelled butter beans, and they're nothing like the things that are labelled as lima beans.  However, perhaps these links indicate that you'll find them up there where you live under a different name.  No "words of wisdom" to give you, but words of information that hopefully will make sense to you!
http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... pic=5381.0

Glad to have you here with us on your journey to Skinnytown.  You're going to love the ride.

Blessings,

Little Mary

Great question! I have been searching up and down the isles everywhere and couldn't find them labled as 'butter beans' it has been driving me BATTY!  *scyth*

WOohoo now I can try some recipes out!

THANK YOU!!!!

LP you hit the nail on the head with your discription of butter beans.

Martha

uh oh, I bought the smaller lima beans... Will that pose a problem? AHh!

Are they white or tan in color, or are they green?  Either way, give 'em a try and see what happens!  The ones I buy as butter beans are not the same as the slightly bitter green ones.  I doubt the green ones would taste like mashed potatoes...

Little Mary

Well, I made a load of beans, first lesson - they increase in size when put into water! So I had a lot of leftover beanery :)

Second, I think the smaller the bean the more concentrated the 'beany' taste may be - and let me tell you, the pea soup was perfect until I added the bean which introduced a hug eload of beany flavour (which aparantly, my tastebuds didn't take too kindly to), same could be said with the mashed potatos.. BUT I will try this again - I don't have canned in my grocery stores but I will certainly try this again with the proper sized big lima bean!!! Then that way I will know if I am totally insane or not or if I actually dont like a type of bean... I really think it was just the size of the bean that messed up the taste?

Like Julie said - same here - never cared for beans in my diet until LDL, soo far all has worked out beautifully except for this run with the extra small lima beans :)

Or pehaps everyone else but me is used to the taste ...  *lipssealed* We'll see - I will try it out with the proper size next time

Can't wait to try again!  :kissed:

Hi there,  I found them in food basics.  Where abouts are you in Ontario.  I'm in Haliburton          Eileen

[/url]
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/ ... weight.png[/image]
[/link]

Food basics? Never heard of 'em, but I'll look them up. Over in Edmonton, Alberta... Superstore is the closest find thus far for beans, not all listed, but I will be hunting around the city for the best bean stop :)

RR  -- you are too funny!  Thanks for the laugh. Your photo is adorable! Love the big smile.

Julie :rose:

Hi y'all.  I'm a good ole southern gal and will be happy to explain the differance between butterbeans and lima beans as I know it. 

Butterbeans are the little green beans and can be found either fresh or frozen.  Mercy, I have shelled a ton of butterbeans in my time.  To confuse the issue even more, there is also a speckled butterbean.  Both are delicious.

Lima Beans are the large, white, dried bean.  You can also find them in your supermarket cooked and canned.  But, I promise you, the dried beans you soak and cook yourself are much, much better.  And, Limas are the ones that the mock 'potatoes' are made from.

Hope this helps.

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

sometimes I find butterbeans in the canned vegetable aisle, instead of the aisle they have all the other beans in.