Just for fun!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
julie409
Master Member

Just for fun!

Post by julie409 »

HI everyone, I wanted to bring this topic back up bc there seems to be a lot of new people on the boards and I am wondering about their names as well.  :laughing:

Soooo, how did you all come up with your screen names?  Some I can kind of figure out since your name is a part of it - like mine. But some of you out there, I have no clue what it means.

Mine is pretty obvious it's my name and my birthday.

What does yours mean?

Julie :rose:
Last edited by julie409 on July 25th, 2009, 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GEM
Master Member

Re: Just for fun!

Post by GEM »

This is another fine thread you've gotten us into!  

You have the bestest ideas.

My sister and I joined together as the Twins, Gemini the Elder, and Gemini the Younger.  Long names, and some members started calling me GEM.  I liked having a nickname; it made me feel as if I truly belonged.  So when my sister recently opted out of LDL, again, (it broke my heart, but I'm praying her way back) I reinvented myself as GEM.  Now I'm not half of anything, I am all of me.   GEM!

GEM
Last edited by GEM on June 24th, 2009, 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:kissed:
GEM
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

RB Kayaking here.  Rather Be Kayaking.  

The other day I saw a puddle on the side of the road that was big enough to float my kayak so I parked my red jeep liberty and pulled down my mango orange kayak and set out to explore.  This puddle lead to a tiny creek that lead to a equally tiny pond, maybe four inches deep, that lead to a channel about four feet deep that lead to a larger pond that was about a foot deep that lead to another channel that lead to the St. John's River.  I did not follow the St. John's cause I know it ends up in Jacksonville and thought bean hater and bean hater #2 would be missing me.

Whose next?

RB Kayaking
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi Julie,

What a cool question.  :)  Well I picked my screen name because when I was growing up I was always a tomboy.  I didn't want to be a tomboy, but when you are the fat girl you don't often get asked to play with pretty things etc.  After I got saved, I heard a preacher talking about our heavenly father and how he is the King of Kings and that makes ALL of his daughters princesses.  I sat in the pew and just let the tears roll down my face.  Nobody had ever seen me that way and to think that God could see me that way, the way I wanted to be, melted my heart.

So when I came here, I picked the name Little Princess.  The "Little" part being a statement of faith for me cause I wasn't and I'm still not.  I didn't realize that I should have left the little part off until I hit goal.  But, it was too late when I realized it so I kept it.  This is why I always sign (In Faith)  LP.    :)

(In Faith)  LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by greenheron »

Most of my screen names have been bird related.  DH and I are big birders...we spend quite a bit of time volunteering at a wildlife refuge (it's a wetland, naturally) and we've been active in the local Audubon chapter and our state Audubon group as well.  We've traveled to TX and CA and AZ for birding, would love to do more if we had the $$, we sometimes lead field trips, and we've done Breeding Bird Surveys and Christmas Bird Counts every year, contributing to the "citizen science" that's so important in the birding community.

When I do work (every other weekend) I get to work at a Wild Bird Center store, so I get to spread my charm and knowledge with people who are learning about birds in their backyards and beyond.

Great blue herons are one of my favorite birds, but I didn't want to be "Great Blue" and since my favorite color is green, I chose Green Heron.  Green herons are small, somewhat secretive.  We see them occasionally....like this past weekend on our big June trip to the refuges in central Kansas.
ArmyWife1125
New, but learning

Post by ArmyWife1125 »

Well, even though mine seems kind of obvious..... my husband is in the army and this is the screen name I have for EVERYTHING, it's even included in my  email address....there's less to remember and with the 1125 (the batallion and unit number) after it, its usually not taken.  When my husband and I first got married, almost 7 years ago, he was in the 1-125 infantry division...that about sums it up.  Great thread!  It should be interesting to see all of the responses
Kristin
Rhonda in SGF

Post by Rhonda in SGF »

Rhonda of course is my first name and I am a travel agent so the city code for our airport is SGF (Springfield) MO.

This is a fun way to get to know people a little better!  Thanks for starting this thread!

Rhonda
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

wheel, I could not use my normal screen name dillwgaf well cos its kinda obvious what it means( its a biker term but deviated to be we meaning me and my hubb)  so isthis4me lead me from first magazine to here cos we have all BTDT so I was curious and hence the name...............now I am sure its for me but wont change it  :blush:
Sparkle
New, but learning

Post by Sparkle »

My last name is actually Sprinkle, a not very common name. I'm the kind of outgoing person who has never met a stranger, so when I was working on my undergrad degree (Social Work), the chairman of our program started calling me Sprinkle-Sparkle, which was eventually shortened to Sparkle.

This is a fun question!
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

OMG! This is great reading. Glad I took the time to pop in at lunch! You guys put so much thought into your screen names I feel like I took the easy way out.

Gem, Sorry about your sister but glad you are no longer half a person.
LP, I cannot see my food bc I have tears in my eyes from reading your post. I know how you felt having grown up in the Father Knows Best era with Kitten and Princess as the epitome of fatherly endearment. I cannot begin to tell you the names my father had for me - not endearing at all.
RB - you are too funny!

All of you - great stories -- thank you for sharing -- can't wait to hear more.

Julie :rose:
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

well, mine is rather obvious, I am a mom, to 4, but a few years back when ds#2 was going away for college, and setting up my first e-mail address, he told me I needed a name, well my reply was obvious, I said I have a name,  to which he typed the word "mom" into my e-mail address, added my initials, and I have been "mom" eversince.  hope noone minds, I think I'll stay "mom".
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

I have a custom bridal and special occasion sewing business which I have named "Future Heirlooms".  I use Ms Heirloom for my screen name, although I am Pam to everyone except my mother who always called me Pamela!
Tina K

Post by Tina K »

My screen name is obvious! lol. Tina is my first name (Well Nickname my full name is Christina) and the K. Comes from my last name Keller.
I'm actually surprised in myself b/c I usually use the screen name I have had for years on everything else! Guess I thought I'd be different this time, but in being different, it's definitely plain!
zoogarden
New, but learning

Post by zoogarden »

I love to garden - and I am from Kalamazoo.
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

I had thought of using my initials but then I would have been JED and I didn't want to be mistaken for a guy.  So I thought starting out with *mrs* would avoid that.  Then I decided I would use the first 2 letters of my 1st and last name.  A few times others......Roger included....thought I might know how to do judo, lol.  I kinda liked giving that impression.......hoping any cyber nuts would not mess with me. :stop:  Thankfully lovable nuts like I find here aren't kept away.
Thanks for asking Julie!
mrsj

Oh, I sign off as mrsj because it's less to type :rolleyes: 
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Ha ha, Mary you are sooo fast!.......and oh yes I was referring to all you lovable soy nuts.......don't make me name names.....like Mary. :D  You know who you are!  :teeth:
mrsj
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

mrsjudo wrote:.....and oh yes I was referring to all you lovable soy nuts.......don't make me name names.....like Mary. :D  You know who you are!  :teeth:
mrsj

i'm a chick pea.....
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

niki wrote:
mrsjudo wrote:.....and oh yes I was referring to all you lovable soy nuts.......don't make me name names.....like Mary. :D  You know who you are!  :teeth:
mrsj

i'm a chick pea.....
Look chick!  Are you kidding me?  You are definitely a lovable soy nut in chick pea disguise.
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

oooo good thread Julie  :thumbsup:  mine is pretty obvious as well.  i can never think of anything good.  unless it's a bit naughty  :shocked: *lipssealed*  only because the ladies on my baby forum and i can get pretty funny/naughty sometimes.  :blush: