Using eggs in the diet

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Jules

Using eggs in the diet

Post by Jules »

Hi I am new to message boards and to LDL. I have been on the south Beach Diet before this, and was not that successful but loved all the healthy wholegrain foods...that is the way I like to eat.

A query about eggs....I see them as a protein, but am I right in thinking that you can eat them at breakfast as an alternative to fruit say? If so, how does it work with no

protein other than at my main meal...do I have this completely wrong and am complicating it?

Advice would be great....thank you in advance.

Jules
Jerzygrl09

Re: Using eggs in the diet

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

eggs are considered a "light" protein - when I first started I stuck to fruit for breakfast, but added eggs to that later on when I felt like it. I had scrambled eggs this morning with my fruit. Sometimes with my protein lunch, I include 2 hard-cooked egg whites. Some people eat eggs with home-made hummus or with refried beans. If you like eggs, have them a few times a week. I don't think I'd have them every day though.
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Eggs can be eaten at any meal, without overdoing it.  Whether you have your heavy protein at lunch, you may still have eggs for either breakfast or dinner, as long as you don't eat them everyday, as Jerzygrl mentioned. 

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Jules

Post by Jules »

Thanks for the info & advice, I will drop them into my diet occasiuonally

Have a great weekend
Jules
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Jules,

Do we have another Julie on board?  All my friends from childhood call me Jules.  :cool:

Welcome!  Did you get your book yet? Have the eggs when you want them, Jerzy and Patsy already gave you great advice. I just wanted to say HI and welcome you to our family. 

You will love it here!  *love*

Julie :rose:
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

Welcome Jules, enjoy ldl and add the eggs whenever you want to.. they are great over refried beans.
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Welcome.
I eat eggs on the mornings I have to work the farmers market.  I am so busy it keeps me from getting so hungry to fast.  Try them with betty's potato cakes .  Beans will help you stay full longer.
Donns
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
Jules

Post by Jules »

Thank you for your replies, I will eat eggs....they satisfy me more on busier days....will need them now kids are out of school!!

Take care all

Jules