I feel better already!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Andrea In FL
New, but learning

I feel better already!

Post by Andrea In FL »

I am new to this site and this is my first post.  I saw this eating plan in the June issue of First Magazine and found it so appealing and logical that I started immediately.  Well, I'm happy to tell you that I have lost 22 lbs since June 1st and I feel better already.  When my coworkers noticed my loss they all wanted a copy of the plan!  I am so pleased and look forward to reading other's success stories.  Thank you all for being here  :happy:

Gratefully losing
grambonnie5

Re: I feel better already!

Post by grambonnie5 »

Wow Andrea, that is fantastic. 22 lbs. already. It took me a while to get going (until I got the book) but the program is fantastic. Eating all that fruit really has curbed my sugar craving. Keep up the good work.
Be pretty if you are; be witty if you can; but be cheerful if it kills you!
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

:D :D  Way to go Andrea!!  Twenty-two lbs your first month is fantastic.  Keep up the good work.

Martha
aaa

Post by aaa »

Pleased to meet you, Andrea.  Congrats on your 22 pounds!  Strike up the band, line up for the parade, and throw some confetti...or should I say...CORNfetti?! I was just trying to "BEAN" funny... I know, I know... I better keep my day job!  Ha Ha!!! It would be interesting to know exactly what your food journal looked like to get such super results. Did you exercise also?  I know our bodies and metabolisms and hormones are all different. I haven't gotten on the scale yet and I am on my 11th day. My clothes don't seem to be loose, yet. So I was just curious. Anyway, keep doing whatever it is you're doing.  Looking forward to hearing about you and more great news. Glad you decided to get on board. Happy LDLing!!! Happy 4TH!!! God bless the ole' US of A!!! Love and prayers, Annamaria
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Wait a minute while I sweep up all the puns left from Annamaria.  That was too funny!

Andrea, you have had incredible results. Do you want to share some tips with the rest of us?  Are you exercising?  Do you have a very active lifestyle. Inquiring minds want to know.

Congratulations!  You are doing great!

I hope some of you who are lurking out there and not jumping on the LDL bandwagon will make the leap!  You know who you are!

Julie :rose:
Andrea In FL
New, but learning

Post by Andrea In FL »

I want to thank the five of you who responded to my posting!  I really appreciate all of the kind words and questions.  It's wonderful to know that we all have others rooting for us and praying for each other's success. 

Ok, it's been 5 1/2 weeks and my new total is 26 lbs lost.  I am thrilled at this achievement.  I do understand that the initial loss came very fast and it will be slower now.  Not a problem! LOL 

I have to admit that I have not been exercising at all these past several weeks  :wrong: (shame on me!) and am way too sedentary, as I sit most of the day at work.  Just like I had to get psyched to start the new eating plan, I must get psyched to start getting some exercise. 

Between the sensible eating on this plan, having nice people out there who care, and Roger's book, I am sooooo very motivated!! 

I hope I can motivate others to keep on plugging away  :D
Gratefully losing
stephyanders

Post by stephyanders »

That's so amazing!!! I know when I saw the drop in the scale it provided so much more motivation (Not that I wasn't already going full force forward  *lipssealed*) because I had some number to grasp to! Of course it seems ridiculous, but after feeling so BIG for so long, I could say to myself that I was really doing this and that I was really going to be the person I want to be..

That being said, I'm so glad we're on this journey together!
aaa

Post by aaa »

Dear Stephyanders, Sounds like you have had some pretty amazing results also and very quickly.  Congrats on your success!!!  Strike up the band, line up the floats and toss the confetti!!! Welcome aboard on the train to Skinnytown... Keep doing whatever it is you are doing...it surely is getting amazing results!!! Are you exercising?  Would you mind sharing your food journal?  As I said to Andrea, I know everyone is different, i.e. metabolism, hormones etc.  But it still would be nice to know.  Keep LDLing ... See you in the station in Skinnytown... Love and prayers, Annamaria
stephyanders

Post by stephyanders »

Annamaria,
I haven't done any exercise quite yet. I keep telling myself I will and it just never happens... That's what's so great about LDL is that exercise is optional  :blush:
as for the food journal, I do have one floating out there in the journals Section, but I haven't been doing so great on updating it... I pretty much am eating the same foods as posted, so I guess until I start changing that up I'll probably not update so often. If you'd like to see it I believe the title is "stephanies food journal."
thank you so much for your kind words *hug*
stephanie
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Andrea,

This is awesome!  :)  Congratulations and welcome to LDL!!  It works!  It works!  It works! 

(In Faith)  LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by Andrea In FL »

Dear Stephyanders,

Glad to get your comments.  I totally agree with you; it's great to actually see the results in numbers on the scale.  I do the same thing, but I can get carried away because if i look too often and the scale either doesn't move for a few days or goes the "wrong" way, it can be very disappointing or even self defeating.  But if we feel comfortable in our eating then eventually we will have the success we are so craving for.

LP, thanks so much for your enthusiastic words.  It's wonderful to know that sweet folks like yourself are out there to cheer each other on!
Last edited by Andrea In FL on July 12th, 2009, 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gratefully losing
Joanie
New, but learning

Post by Joanie »

Great results!  I have only been doing this woe for 1 week, so this is WAY encouraging for me.  CONGRATULATIONS!