Texas

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
intune878

Texas

Post by intune878 »

I would like to know if there are many from Texas on LDL.  I think it would be neat if some of us could get together. Maybe meet at a central location within the state.  I am so thrilled with Let's Do Lunch!  I've already dropped 14 pounds as of this morning.  I am telling everyone all about it and they think I am nuts.  But, WHEN they see a smaller me ... I guess you could say the proof is in the pudding!  I would like to hear from you if you are a Texan or if you live near by.  Have a great 4th!!!!  Intune878

LovinLDL

Re: Texas

Post by LovinLDL »

I'm in the Hill Country (Fredericksburg) but visit the Dallas/Ft. Worth, Wichita Falls, and San Antonio areas frequently.  RT is planning a convention near San Antonio I think and I think he has put Little Mary in charge of cooking ;D

Blessings,
Julie
kristine13826
New, but learning

Post by kristine13826 »

No, I am a new york hillybilly. Upstate rural New York that is. Cow country USA. Dairy cows that is. MOOOOOOOOOOO!
intune878

Post by intune878 »

Kris, You are welcome as well as all the other LDL people.  I just thought that since so many are so busy that if they didn't have to go so far then it may seem more feasible to attend.  I think it would be a blast!!!  AND, if Mary is cooking it would be just that much more exciting and inviting!  Let me knw what you decide to do, RT.  I am not too far from SA.  I live in West Texas.  Intune878

intune878

Post by intune878 »

As you can see, I am having a little trouble getting my picture where I want it.    :wacko:

Cindi

Post by Cindi »

I'm from Brenham, TX.....in between Austin & Houston on 290.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8ZhJmH/]
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Convention sounds good to me
We all could use new help
I am in Idabel Oklahoma about 20 miles from the Texas border, does that count.
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
intune878

Post by intune878 »

Cindi wrote:I'm from Brenham, TX.....in between Austin & Houston on 290.

I know exactly where that is.  My kids live there.  We go there about once every couple of months.  Small world.  ;)  :thumbsup:

intune878

Post by intune878 »

Clown Lady wrote:Convention sounds good to me
We all could use new help
I am in Idabel Oklahoma about 20 miles from the Texas border, does that count.  sure lady, that would be great!!!

intune878

Post by intune878 »

Clown Lady, you would be more than welcome to attend and I look forward to meeting you.  I think it would be fun to get together.  Went to a church bar-b-cue.  Some had noticed I had lost some weight  and I started tell them what I was doing.  Then they decided they were not interested.  I just left them with the website.  I decided I would just continue to do what I am doing and when they see the weight coming off then they have the info.  Just to let you know, there were all kinds of good food.  You know what I was looking for???  Fruit and watermelon!!!  I was not even tempted by all the goodies like cupcakes, cookies and brownies.  People could not believe that I didn't want any.  I just said that my cravings for that stuff was almost non-existent.  I think they thought I was crazy!!!  Now, I realize that when people are in a food situation as we were, that they just don't care to hear about "dieting".  Anyway, I was proud of myself and can really see the difference in the way I am looking at food.  Intune878

Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

MN is a long way from Texas.... sounds like we need more than one convention :laughing: Lynda
dncwc

Post by dncwc »

I live in Granbury, Tx. about 30 minutes south of Ft. Worth. A convention or meeting would be fun.
Debra
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wmHigpF/]
intune878

Post by intune878 »

Sounds great!!!!  Let's look and see if that would be a good time for everyone else!!!  How bout it out there.  What do you think????  Intune878

LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

That works for our schedule too :thumbsup:.  The weather should be very nice.  Again, we would welcome a gathering at our home (about an hours drive from San Antonio) and/or we could help out with details on meeting in San Antonio.  There is a small airport, a few hotels and lots of shops and bed and breakfasts in Fredericksburg, but the River Walk, Alamo, Fiesta Texas, Sea World, etc. are huge draws in San Antonio and the city is much better equipped for conventions....any combination...let us know how we can help.  How about it Roger Troy...March 29, 30 and 31, 2010?

Blessings,
Julie
starlight0917
New, but learning

Post by starlight0917 »

Alright!  It couldn't be more perfect We're only 1 1/2 hours away in Columbus, TX.  I would love to meet everyone.  March is a PERFECT time of year to visit Texas.  I have a friend that is also following LDL that doesn't get on the website.  She says she's in also.  That's 2 yeses from Texas!  We'd also be willing to help.
intune878

Post by intune878 »

Hey, this is going to be fun!!!!  I can't wait!!!!!  Hey do we have any singers?  Dancers?  This could really be some fun!!!!!!!  I am excited!!!!

LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

We have an ensemble group (violin, harp, flute/piano and cello) talking about welcoming ya'll/providing LDL music.

Blessings,
Julie
intune878

Post by intune878 »

I am a gospel singer and I sing traditional country, as well.  WOW this is sounding more fun as the moments go by.    Hope all will plan to come!  intune878