first time posting

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
heartbroken

first time posting

Post by heartbroken »

Hi, I am posting for the first time I have started the LDL program and am down 11 pounds in a month!! I,m shocked as I am diabetic and have stayed away from all of these foods for years now. I never eat corn as it and grapes were considered to me to be high glycemic on the index. and every one knows cows are corn feed to gain weight ( haven't your always heard that one?)  I havent complied 100 % yet but am staying rather close and if not complying trying to make the better choice based on the program. I am 53 years old and my husband just left me when I confronted him about being on a bad web sight and making appointments.  This was devastating as I thought he was a God loving, commandment obeying man. The world has so many temptations for us to get drawn down into.  Well anyway, I usually eat myself into a frenzy at a time like this. ( which I sort of am, but it is with fruit and frozen grapes and the other night I ate three bags of popcorn!! and I am still loosing weight) Perhaps father in heaven has led me to this sight at this time of great need. ( all I didn't need was to start gaining more weight and be even more down on myself.) I have been forced to start working again ( I have medical problems as I said I am diabetic and my eyes have been giving me problems, fibromyalgia, colitis, sleep apnea,& wheat intolerance ( which I have a real problem in being compliant, but this way of eating makes it so much easier).  well at 53 I have had to start working at Taco Bell ( there just is no other work around my area as all of our factories work have been sent overseas) I started having my lunch there as the chicken taco salad and I am still loosing weight! I have them take the rice the cheese, the sour cream off add extra beans and extra grilled chicken, I dont eat the taco bowl, and I use only half of the ranch dressing given I use some of the mild sauce. I'll keep posted . I would like to learn how many of you are putting on the weight scale with the goal and the weight loss . can some one help me through this?? I also want to start posting on here every doay so I will have a greater reason to be more compliant as I will have to tell you all what I am eating. Hello to all!! Heartbroken!!
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHv8hWb/]
[/url]
mom
Master Member

Re: first time posting

Post by mom »

dear heartbroken: I am saying a prayer right now for you regarding your whole situation, I also am a type 2 diabetic, and have been following the ldl way of eating for about a month and a half.  I am only weighing once a month, but I can't tell you how much more energy I have, and I have never eaten so much and still had my blood sugars stay in the normal range, (the only times they have been up have been after I have eaten a large amount of popcorn.  please post your food journals, and then check back often for encouragement.  have you ordered your book, if you have remember to read chapter 2 through 6 three at least.  also check out the faqs area in the general discussion section to help you get started. 
God bless you at this time with all the adjustments you are making in your life, may you feel Gods loving arms around you as He comforts you as only he can
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

Welcome heartbroken, My thought and prayers are with you.  This a great family of friends and all will be willing to help and encourage you all along the way. You soon adapt to this way of eating with all of the delicious recipes.  If you have any questions just post them and you will get help very soon.

Welcome to the LDL family,

Martha
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Dear heartbroken,

I am so sorry for your pain. I know things are tough for you right now. I also know that LDL will allow you to feel healthy at least in your body and your mind, while your heart begins to mend.

You are being very smart living within LDL as much as your situation allows. I know you will stay here with us since I have never seen so much love and caring on a web site, any time of the day. You can find strength and blessings and laughter and sometimes even tears here. And the love is constant.

I know your name reflects how you are feeling now and everything is fresh.  But, after a while maybe you will change your name to "Hot Tamale"  ;D You will surely look like one after following the LDL way of eating.

God Bless you and may he bring you peace and hope.

PS From someone who has been there; YOU can sleep on any side of the bed you want to now -- even in the middle  :thumbsup:

Julie :rose:
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi Heartbroken,

You are not alone in ANY of this sister.  My ex discovered the internet as well.   :sad:  But I have to point to Julies post and say......Yeah what she said!!   :D  ALL of it.  *nods*

You WILL be a Hot Tamale and you CAN sleep all over the bed now.  I could too until I got the dog and now I have to scootch her over sometimes at night.  :laughing:  I don't know how much weight you have to lose but let me tell you that there are people here working on 20 pounds and people here, like myself, working to lose over 200.  So someone here will understand and even experience your same trials and successes.  *Hugs*  Just stick around here, let us love you and keep on the LDL path to skinnytown.  We might even find someone to sew you a new outfit when you change to Hot Tamale.   :rose:  Welcome aboard.  

(In Faith)  LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by scottishgrlgs »

Hello.. Thought I would say hi  :) I am fairly new on here as well, I'm doing well. I thought I would have a hard time giving up bread and pasta since I don't eat meat but I am doing great with that,you will like it here. I too can relate to your situation with your husband  :sad: You will be ok, but it takes time. My family got me through alot but my heart was broken, I now have a wonderful new husband of 3 years who my family and kids love. Hang in there. Hope you have a great week.
Gail
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Welcome to LDL!  We will lift you up when you need it, pray for you, and share some fun too!  My heart was broken too, but I survived by the grace of God and so will you.  Congrats on your success so far on LDL!  Woo hoo, you should only be proud!  Here is the link for Mary's instructions on how to set up a weight ticker.  I also recommend starting a journal in the journal section.  I am always so happy to see the friendly faces that pop in each day to my journal and offer encouragement.  You are also welcome anytime to visit me at Kathie's Kafe' (the name of my journal) for a soothing cup of tea!  My grandmother in law and I used to solve the world's problems over a cup of tea!  She lived to be 101 1/2 and I think the tea had something to do with it!

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... pic=6217.0
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
Joanie
New, but learning

Post by Joanie »

Dear Heartbroken -  You are in my prayers.  Stay with LDL, and be sure that God will see you through this.  The salads at Taco Bell are wonderful --- just be sure you don't get tired of them. 

God Bless.
Jazmyn
Master Member

Post by Jazmyn »

Welcome heartbroken  :D

I definetly see hot tamale in your future!  :thumbsup:

You are not alone...I am very sorry that you have had to go through so much. Again you are not alone..and I hope that helps a bit. Many of us are dealing with divorce, myself included. The thing is...with this way of eating I truly feel that I am doing something good for myself. There is a whole brand new future ahead of me, maybe not what I saw for myself 20 years ago...but the one constant thing in life is change. Like Julie said..the ENTIRE bed! WOohoo! I have to keep thoughts like these first and foremost in my mind, and I tend to use humor alot. I cannot afford to let myself focus on the scary things, I try every day to find the positives. I don't know if you ever saw the movie "Finding Nemo", but Dori sings a song "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming!" I find myself humming that when things tend to get to be too much. Maybe silly, but gosh somedays whatever it takes  :)

Feeling healthier and losing unwanted pounds...everyday I feel better and stronger. Congratulations on the awesome job you have done so far! That is a big deal and we all celebrate that with you. I look forward to getting to know you better here on the boards. (Besides having the whole bed, you don't have to pick up dirty socks or undies unless they are your own!) lol

Have a great weekend!

~Jazmyn  *love*
Start Date 5/18/09
6/18/09 ~ 13lbs gone
7/18/09 ~ 5lbs gone
8/18/09 ~ 7lbs gone
9/18/09 ~ 6lbs gone
10/18/09 ~ 4lbs gone
11/18/09 ~ 2lbs gone
MusicManiac

Post by MusicManiac »

Thank you for posting your story.

2008 was the worst year ever for me.  I never thought I'd experience joy again.  But, it happened last week.  I have no idea why, but for some reason, it was more than happy - it was joy!  There was no special reason, it just was.

You are in my prayers.  God bless the day when you can change your screen name.  Hang in there sweetie!  As Winston Churchill said, "If you are going through hell, keep going."
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Jazmyn...good advice, Just Keep Swimming!

Heartbroken, here's the song.  It made me laugh today so I hope it does the same for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmyUkm2qlhA
Last edited by turkkm on July 12th, 2009, 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aaa

Post by aaa »

Dear Heartbroken, So sorry to hear of your pain.  I pray also that Christ will wrap "His" loving arms around you. This too shall pass...even though it doesn't seem so now.  The Lord brought you here for MANY reasons. The deep valleys make us appreciate the high mountains so much more.  Praying for you to reach the "MOUNTAIN TOP" very soon. You are doing so well with LDL even though your heart is breaking. Congrats to you!!! Keep looking up and keep up your good work.  We are all pulling for you. I concur with many...you will be changing  to your new name very soon.  In faith, why don't you change it sooner than later?! You will receive so much love and encouragement  here.  LDL is not just a WOE but a true ministry. My husband even commented about it.  (He doesn't read the posts but is going by what I have told him.) Welcome aboard the "Express Train" to Skinnytown... I will continue to uplift you in prayer to Our Father in Heaven.  Lord, please touch my "Precious Sister's" heart and fill it with your "Abounding Love", "Perfect Peace" and "Endless Joy". I thank you Lord, that..."Your mercies are new each and every morning..." We will lift your hands up, "Precious One" just like Moses' friends did... (How about the name, "Precious One...The Hot Tamale?!) Always remember your are very precious in "His" sight and ours too. Love and prayers, Annamaria
greenheron

Post by greenheron »

MusicManiac wrote:Thank you for posting your story.

2008 was the worst year ever for me.  I never thought I'd experience joy again.  But, it happened last week.  I have no idea why, but for some reason, it was more than happy - it was joy!  There was no special reason, it just was.

You are in my prayers.  God bless the day when you can change your screen name.  Hang in there sweetie!  As Winston Churchill said, "If you are going through hell, keep going."

MusicManiac,

I applaud you for reaching out this way with your very first post.  Congratulations for experiencing joy!  You know it's there, and hopefully Hearbroken will also experience her own, very soon.  You, and we, are so very lucky we've got this place for support and advice and a chance to vent.

I also enjoyed your custom title....bean cans, indeed! ;)  My recycling bin looks a little different these days, too.  :sideways:
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

MM,

Welcome and how very brave of you to open up in your first post. I am guessing you were touched gently on the shoulder to share your experience to give strength to our sister Hot Tamale.

I rejoice with you that you have found joy!  All things go in a cycle so like you say "If you are going through hell, keep going."  That actually really resonates with me as I am going through a little hell of my own right now. Great advice!

Jaz, Welcome back --- Just keep swimming! -- love it. Now I've got 2 mantras as I start my work week.

Hot Tamale,
Are you out there?  How's it goin'? Let us hear from you. I actually found that journalling really helped me when I was in the midst of my divorce and beyond.  Sometimes it helps you try on different thoughts and have the chance to accept them or reject them. 

Here's something I was very pleased with and I will share in the hope of it helping you.. maybe just a little. YOU now get to create the person you wish to be and the life YOU wish to have. There is no one by your side sensoring you or demeaning you or being silently judgemental.  If you feel like going to a midnight movie -- YOU can do it. If you feel like staying in your PJs all day long and watch Lifetime, YOU Can do it. If you feel like painting your bedroom PINK, YOU can do it.

I have to go finish working out so I will leave you with that thought. Have a great week, everyone.

heartbroken

Post by heartbroken »

Hi again! Wow, I loved all of the feed back!! and as you can see I figured out the weight ticker,( thank-you) . I have tried to reply several times but have had a hard time figuring out how to!! I'm not computer smart. Well, I got back some blood work and my HBA1C is down! almost 4 points!!  It's hard to believe as I am filling my self up to the max  like eating a whole bag of broccoli with the vegie cheese melted over it, and peaches and of course lots of grapes . I have bought the book and no I haven't read the chapters 2 and 6 over , but once. I do intend on reading them again/ Ok, now , I cant find where I go to start the journal, can any one help me with that one??  Well, I have a dissolution date and on the 20th of July and I will be single again.  ( not what God men't for us to be. He definately men't us to have a mate and not to be alone. )  I do believe that. Thank you all for the king encouragement. I know I am not alone & not the first to ever go thru this type of situation. I am trying very hard to be able to keep my house.( my home) At least I can keep my physical temple as healthy as possible and not being medically obese is one good way to maintain it,along with trying to be mentaly pure. I am thankful for the atonement and the wonderful sacrifice made by Jesus, I do have a wonderful testimony of the great blessing one can receive when serving our Father and doing as he has given us direction to do. I know from the messages I have been reading, that the people on this site are doing the work of our father as they are serving one another , and the Lord says as you are in the service of your fellow man your are serving me.  Thank-you for the prayers and everything. I am very happy about my success so far on the LDL way of eating.  Again, many thanks. I do expect to be a hot tamale again one day, at least I hope a special someone will think I am. ( I have no desire to be alone)
As far as having the whole bed to myself and sleeping where ever I want I don't like that but I understand the positive concept! ! but on the same thought I can have the foods I want to have in the house now and fix what I feel is good for me now, not what I feel someone else would like to eat. And that is a real plus for my diabetes , staying with LDL.so... in the meantime I will just try to get my health on track , pray I can get the physical pain as well as mental pain to subside and reach my target weight. Its not far to go, if the pounds keep coming off.  I cant exercise like I used to, but I am walking , and enjoying every minute of it. Keep in touch as I love hearing from all of you . thanks again.  Rhonda
[/url]
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Rhonda....to start a journal:
click on home,upper left
then click on the member's journals section
(A list of all the journals come up.)
then click on new topic, upper right
then in the subject area type the name of your journal
then in the box type in the first entry in your journal and hit post

Later, to return to your journal, just go to the members journals section and click it.  The list of all the journals comes up and you just scroll down until you find yours and click on it.  Now, you just hit reply to make a new entry in your journal. 

I hope this makes sense and helps you out!  *love*
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Hot Tamale,

(I'm sorry, I refuse to call you heartbroken and yes I am a pushy  I- talian new yawka!)

So happy to hear from you --- you are having STUNNING results. Good for you!
Keep it up!  What a difference that will make for you to be able to handle the stress that is coming at you. If your body is at peace, the rest will follow.

Great medical results too!  I would say that walking is very Zen, but I got pelted on another post from Margo (I think) who tripped and fell while walking. I am still giggling over that. (She is fine!)

Keep us posted! And you sleep whereever you darn please!  :thumbsup:

heartbroken

Post by heartbroken »

Hi Everyone got some blood work done today HbA1C is down!! to7 fro 12 . all I need is to get it down 1 more point and I will be happy. I can't believe it is going down like this and I am eating so much fruit. ( no juices) I am afraid that would be pushing it Plus I want the fibre.
I am divorced now. Alone and on my own. I hate being alone!!  You guys can talk with me and help me feel loved and needed.  How do you post a picture?
[/url]
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

So happy you are living LDL. You are really doing well - that's terrific!

I don't know the significance of the numbers but when you reach 7 perhaps you can post your results in the medical successes. Actually since you have already done so well, maybe you should post it now! Your progress could inspire someone else to begin.

I also live alone but I have found that there always seems to be someone here to talk to. I would also suggest that you look for clubs or others in your community with like interests. You need to make sure that you connect with people and have some fun as well. You may also wish to join Face Book. It is a great way to find people in your past with whom you may have lost touch; like school friends.

Hope to hear more from you soon.