I like fruit, but....

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
srrb

I like fruit, but....

Post by srrb »

I have enjoyed everything so far - about 3 weeks- but after awhile I don't want fruit.  I have always enjoyed savory things rather than sweet, so giving up sweets is not that big a deal to me.  So - eating lots of fruit is becoming a chore rather than a pleasure.  I know it works, but can I have another alternative to sweet things (fruit) when I want something very badly, but am not sure what- other than chips, pretzels, bread, pizza, cheese, nuts, etc.?  I'm sure some of you veterans will have some good ideas.  Thanks!
BTW I've already lost 6 lbs.
Sharon
ImageImage
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Re: I like fruit, but....

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi Sharon,

If you are getting sick of fruit then you don't have to eat it.  If you are craving chips, pretzels etc. it's usually a bread or salt craving.  Try sauteeing (sp?) some of your favorite veggies in a little bit of olive oil and some smart balance or ICBINB spray.  Beans will also satisfy you for a long time.  So pick your favs and have at it.  You can also get the plain salted roasted soy nuts and eat those on occassion.  Don't make them into an everyday thing but once or twice a week should be fine.  Check out the recipes section here and find the ones that appeal to you and go to town.  Little Mary's pizza soup is fabulous!  You can also make mini pizza's using the corn thins as your pizza crust.  I would recommend cooking your toppings on the stove first and then just layering them on the corn thins with your Fat Free or low fat cheese then pop them in the oven.  Just remember that cheese is fattening if you eat it everyday so try to just make the little pizzas when absolutely nothing else will hit the spot.  However, when you DO eat the pizza's enjoy them without guilt.  :) 

Congrats on the six pounds gone so far!  YAY YOU!!  Welcome to LDL and we look forward to getting to know you even better. 

(In Faith)  LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by Clown Lady »

Sharon
I also am not a real big fruit eater.  I do eat it in the morning and I really like my banana to start the day.  RT told me if fruit was not my craving that in the evening I could eat my veggies and salads.  Fruit is to curb the craving for sugar.  I am also a savory eater.  Eat your veggies and enjoy
Donna
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
srrb

Post by srrb »

Thanks for the input, it helps!
Sharon  :happy:
ImageImage