Has anyone ever tried or is doing Crossfit???

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
ready4achange

Has anyone ever tried or is doing Crossfit???

Post by ready4achange »

My cousins wife has invited me to go to this Crossfit thing with her sooo many times and I always find an excuse to beg out.  Well, I am thinking it might be good considering how my blood work looked this week.  Anyone ever tried it or doing it now?  Any feedback???  It sounds kind of scary.  I haven't really excersized in a long while... :wacko:  Any info greatly appreciated!
ImageImage
t-rock
Master Member

Re: Has anyone ever tried or is doing Crossfit???

Post by t-rock »

Hi Ready4achange:

Crossfit is CRAZY! Absolutely amazing results though (and as I just wrote that i thought, why did I ever stop).  The idea is that it is very intense and fast workout.  There is one particular exercise you could try at home, called tabata squats.  I actually cheat a bit and use an ab ball to stop me from landing on my behind.  They are excellent for hips, thighs, quads, and glutes.  You do as many as you can at a time, until you reach 100. 

I think I am going to go do some now !  Thanks for the reminder.
ready4achange

Post by ready4achange »

The tabata squats are the ones my cousin was telling me about.  Yikes!  Do you think that someone who's about 60# overweight and hasn't really done any excersizing for a LOOOOONG time can keep up with this?  It sounds like it is for someone who is already on their way to being pretty fit...Also have you seen the P90X by beach body workouts on TV?  Those look pretty intense too.  Any thoughts on that?
ImageImage
t-rock
Master Member

Post by t-rock »

I would recommend trying them with the large ab ball as a guide.  It gives you a little bounce too, but it is still effective, and when you are ready to do them without the ball, go for it.  To keep the ab ball from flying away, make sure it is agains the wall on a carpet.  I also put a couple of free weights at the bottom in front of it to keep it from rolling.  I have about 100 pounds to lose, and I have no issues doing tabatas.  I was once a pretty strong athlete so maybe that's why.  I work with a girl (super fit) who also does P90X.  She does it all actually.  Maybe start slow with some of the crossfit exercises at home and build up from there ? 

I would be happy to email you a workout my friend  (super fit girl) sent me.
ready4achange

Post by ready4achange »

Cool!  I hate excersize.  Well, I don't mind it too much after I get to doin' it, but the thought of it, bleeeeck.  It's so hard to get myself to do it. :thumbdown:
ImageImage
t-rock
Master Member

Post by t-rock »

I can't say I hate to exercise, I actually love it, but I just can't seem to fit it in to my schedule (because I generally don't get up at 4am).....but maybe that's just an excuse.  Right now I am getting to the gym a couple of times a week, but it's not enough.    Makes me crazy. 8 years ago this October I did a triathlon, and I still can't believe I let myself go the way I did. 

I pm'ed you a week of workouts, which you can tailor for your own comfort.  It is an excel spreadsheet, but you can't send attachments to PM's so I just did a cut and paste.
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

tiss can you send it to me too  :angel:
~*~Angel of God, my guardian dear to whom God's love commits me here. Ever this day/night be at my side to light, to guard, to rule and guide.
Amen. ~*~Image
t-rock
Master Member

Post by t-rock »

Of course Trish!  Can you PM me your email address and I will send you the spreadsheets ?