I keep seeing questions on WHAT to drink soooooooooooo

From smoothies to healthy teas, here you can quench your thirst!
isthis4me

I keep seeing questions on WHAT to drink soooooooooooo

Post by isthis4me »

Here are some spa water recipes

Ingredients
1 orange, sliced
1 lemon, sliced
1 lime, sliced
1/2 grapefruit, pink or white, sliced
1 cup fresh mint leaves
Directions
Add all of the ingredients to a clear pitcher and fill with ice water. Best served slightly chilled or at room temperature.

Herb infused spa water
Yield
Makes about 1 1/2 quarts; about 4 servings

Ingredients
6  cups  chilled still spring or mineral water
12  thin slices cucumber
4  thin slices lemon
4  sprigs (each 2 in. long) fresh mint, slightly crushed
2  sprigs (each 2 in. long) fresh rosemary, slightly crushed
Preparation
In a 2- to 2 1/2-quart pitcher, combine water, cucumber, lemon, mint, and rosemary. Serve, or cover and chill at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours. Add ice cubes just before serving.

another variation of the top one
Ingredients
1 orange, sliced
1 lemon, sliced
1 lime, sliced
1/2 grapefruit, pink or white, sliced
1 cup fresh mint leaves

Directions
Add all of the ingredients to a clear pitcher and fill with ice water. Best served slightly chilled or at room temperature.

This one I love  :inlove:

Ingredients
1/2 cucumber with peel
1/2 lemon with rind
8 cups of water

Directions
Pour 8 cups of water into a pitcher
Thinly slice cucumber with peel still on
Slice lemon
Add cucumber and lemon to the water
Chill for about an hour
Enjoy

Number of Servings: 8
~*~Angel of God, my guardian dear to whom God's love commits me here. Ever this day/night be at my side to light, to guard, to rule and guide.
Amen. ~*~Image
Jazmyn
Master Member

Re: I keep seeing questions on WHAT to drink soooooooooooo

Post by Jazmyn »

Ok I know I am highly biased when it comes to you  :blush: ..but seriously..thank you so much for posting all this wonderful info  :rose:

I have my lemons and cukes in the fridge and am making that tomorrow.

~Jaz  *love*
Start Date 5/18/09
6/18/09 ~ 13lbs gone
7/18/09 ~ 5lbs gone
8/18/09 ~ 7lbs gone
9/18/09 ~ 6lbs gone
10/18/09 ~ 4lbs gone
11/18/09 ~ 2lbs gone
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

Oh my, how glad I am you posted this, I just harvested 4 cucumbers from my little garden, and didn't know what I was going to do, now I know, cucumber and  lemon water, I will make it tomorrow, I can hardly wait.  :inlove:  :rose:
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

:teeth: the cuke/lemon water is gooooooood  :drool: when I was working I took a pitcher to work, def kept me cooled off and it was soooooooo refreshing  :inlove:
~*~Angel of God, my guardian dear to whom God's love commits me here. Ever this day/night be at my side to light, to guard, to rule and guide.
Amen. ~*~Image
shree

Post by shree »

Thank you from a newbie.
Shree'
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

more than welcome
you can also brew green tea and add mint sprigs to it
or fruit  :thumbsup:
Amen. ~*~Image
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

Thanks for the ideas :) :)

Martha
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

If you don't have time to prepare different types of homemade drinks, Roger recommends Arizona Diet Green Tea with Ginseng.  The label states that Ginseng gives you energy and it is sweetened with a small amount of honey.  However, because it contains honey it should not be a drink for diabetics without the advice of a physician.

I was a hugh coffee drinker (10-15 cups a day) before LDL, now I have only coffee for breakfast with skim milk (instead of the half and half I used) and the rest of the day and evening I drink mostly this tea.

Before you all get after me for previously drinking all the coffee I did, I have a doctor that is treating me for an autoimmune liver disease that I have, and after I told him I was a hugh coffee drinker he told me that coffee is good for the liver and he also drinks a lot of it.

Yours in LDL,

VickiLynn
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Trish,

The first one sounds scrumptious to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to post it. The best is that I think you could do the same with seltzer instead of water and it could feel like a real drink (I cannot write the word C-ckt-il bc the web police will block me.)  Anyway, I am also thinking you could sub champagne for company.

Have you tried this with seltzer?

J :rose:
Rebellynn

Post by Rebellynn »

VickiLynn wrote:If you don't have time to prepare different types of homemade drinks, Roger recommends Arizona Diet Green Tea with Ginseng.  The label states that Ginseng gives you energy and it is sweetened with a small amount of honey.  However, because it contains honey it should not be a drink for diabetics without the advice of a physician.

I was a hugh coffee drinker (10-15 cups a day) before LDL, now I have only coffee for breakfast with skim milk (instead of the half and half I used) and the rest of the day and evening I drink mostly this tea.

Before you all get after me for previously drinking all the coffee I did, I have a doctor that is treating me for an autoimmune liver disease that I have, and after I told him I was a hugh coffee drinker he told me that coffee is good for the liver and he also drinks a lot of it.

Yours in LDL,

VickiLynn

Hi VickiLynn I am very new in fact don't even know if I can get this to post.  Haven't gotthe book yet and am trying to start with breakfast butI like my Starbucks- Ok, I admit it.  How does one drink coffee without sweetner without dying :'(?
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

Hi Rebel.

Welcome to LDL. A LOT of us, like you, have tried everything else. Trust us -- this works if you learn to do it as the plan is written. Don't beat yourself up about any errors along the way, especially while you're learning, but commit to giving it an honest to goodness shot for a month and you'll be pleasantly surprised.

As to sweetener in coffee -- you can use splenda or stevia (a natural no-calorie sweetener made from ground stevia leaves -- some people don't like the possible licorice-like aftertaste, but there are newer versions like Tru Stevia or Nu Stevia that don't have the aftertaste, although it is still a little different taste than sugar). You can also use a drop of honey. Brew it with cinnamon and/or nutmeg, and it will have a sweeter taste on its own.

It isn't mandatory to give up your coffee! Work on the more important stuff first!

Best of luck
Terri
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

Isthis4me,

The lemon/cucumber water sounds good.  But what's wrong with plain, cold H2O?  :D This does it for me.

*hug*

Ginny
blessed4service
New, but learning

Post by blessed4service »

Thanks for all the drink options.  I was coffee & International Delight 4 cups or more daily.  Have reduced this to 2 with splenda (soon stevia) & getting ready to switch to skim milk.  I plan to drink more water & drink at least equal for the amount of coffee I ingest.

Martha, (my name too)  you have inspired me with your posts & success! :rose: