Success in four days...but having dinner problems

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
ChefsWife

Success in four days...but having dinner problems

Post by ChefsWife »

Hi all. My name is Sherri. I am new. On the diet for four days...5.5 lbs lost (I believe it's all water loss). My hubby is helping and he's on the diet. He is looking to lose 30-35 pounds....me, I don't get off that easy. It will take me at least a year to lose my 100 lbs. I'd like to lose 115, but 100 is the ultimate goal.

We are doing great for breakfast. Same for lunch. Today he made the most outstanding lunch...dry spice rub on grilled chicken, white bean puree with roast garlic and ancho chili, grilled asparagus and broccoli and a onion-tomato salsa. It was soooooo good. Dinner, that's our hard one. I have read the book over and over and over.  I see different answers to my dinner question.

Here is what I understand...
No meat at dinner.
No late dinners.
Fruit should be eaten first for dinner
Then if you are hungry, eat something else.

Well, I am always hungry after eating just fruit. Even a fruit smoothie.
so, may I have a romain salad with veggies, sprayed with olive oil and red wine vinegar?
Or may I have a big plate of steamed veggies and a cup or so of beans?
or may I have some chili?
May I have an egg for dinner with veggies and/or beans?

I just think I am doing something wrong.
Also, for a snack before dinner - while I wait for hubby to get home - I must ate three wasa crackers, spread with refried beans and topped with a smattering of no fat cheddar cheese - warmed in the micro....Did I blow it by snacking just before dinner. We will be eating in about 20 minutes.

Sherri
Sherri
Eljayne
Master Member

Re: Success in four days...but having dinner problems

Post by Eljayne »

Sherri,  I've been on the plan since May 26th and have lost about 20 lbs and lots of inches. Rereading the book is very important. However from your post I'm not seeing that you've given yourself anytime to eat all the LDL foods you want whenever you're hungry to eliminate cravings. Once you've eliminated cravings you go on to the meal plan as described in the book. If you don't eat enough and if you don't get rid of the cravings you'll start craving the types of foods that will undermine your committment to getting to "skinnytown" on the skinnytrain.  I'm sure others that have been on LDL longer than I will post as well. Welcome and I know you'll love this woe and regain your healthy self.  *hug* Lynda
ChefsWife

Post by ChefsWife »

Thank you Eljayne. You are right. We started right in on the menus. Not sure how I missed that. Got my book early May and have read it several times over the past couple months. So, I am hungry, I can eat. Thanks. 

Congrats on the 20 lbs!
Sherri

Eljayne wrote:Sherri,  I've been on the plan since May 26th and have lost about 20 lbs and lots of inches. Rereading the book is very important. However from your post I'm not seeing that you've given yourself anytime to eat all the LDL foods you want whenever you're hungry to eliminate cravings. Once you've eliminated cravings you go on to the meal plan as described in the book. If you don't eat enough and if you don't get rid of the cravings you'll start craving the types of foods that will undermine your committment to getting to "skinnytown" on the skinnytrain.  I'm sure others that have been on LDL longer than I will post as well. Welcome and I know you'll love this woe and regain your healthy self.  *hug* Lynda
Sherri
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Sherri, welcome to you and your husband!  Yes, when first on the plan, you may eat of any LDL foods when hungry.  Later, you can eat as suggested in the book, when all craving for sweets and fats are broken.   
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

Welcome Sherri.  You can eat as much as you want to until all of your cravings are gone.  Just eat until you are very full of the allowed foods and you won't need to snack between meals. After a short while your cravings will be gone and you will automatically start to eat less.

This WOE is so wonderful and DELICIOUS!

Best of luck,
Martha