[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4790: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
Let's Do Lunch Community • View topic - Dressing's for salads

Let's Do Lunch Community

See your doctor for approval before starting any new eating program.
The Key to Let's Do Lunch is to "Add a Little Something Fattening" to something nonfattening, to make it Taste Great! Read the New Red Book to find out how this is done!

Author believes we are put on this earth to have a chance to love The Lord. Other than that, we are here to help God bless as many other people as possible.

It is currently

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dressing's for salads

I am a newbie and I am wondering what kinds of dressings you can use for salads?

Profile Send private message  

Hi, Rhonda!

The main thing about salad dressing is to put it on the side, and dip your fork into it so you have the flavor of the dressing with each bite....just the tines, not like "scooping." ;)  You'd be amazed at how little you really need.

You also should be topping your salad with plenty of tasty, moist things so that you NEED less dressing...diced tomato, cucumber, canned artichoke hearts, mushrooms, olives, mandarine orange sections, Navy beans, water chestnuts, any combination of things to keep the salad from being too dry.

It would certainly be better if you can find low fat or fat free dressings you like, and do try to avoid any that contain high fructose corn syrup, or any sugar as one of the first few ingredients.  However, even full fat Italian dressings, vinaigrettes, and creamy dressings are fine as long as you DON'T go overboard.

RT recommends Newman's Own low fat or fat free dressing.  Always on the side.

Welcome to LDL
Keep on posting your questions
Donna

Thanks very much! I am trying to get started so i need all the help I can get.  :D

I like to make a big bowl of bean salad with low fat or fat free Italian dressing.  Then I scoop some of the bean salad onto salad greens and don't seem to need more dressing.  I also like the cilantro vinaigrette I posted in the recipes....oh my yummers, and a little goes a long way since it is so flavorful!  Make sure the salad dressing you choose doesn't have sugar and is something you really like or you won't eat salad.  Then just use it sparingly.  Welcome to LDL!  *love*

I am not a big dressing fan, so sometimes I just squeeze a piece of lemon over my salad, I love the fresh taste it gives to greens, and if I do use a dressing, I use it on the side, and look for a low fat or fat free with very little sugar or sweet stuff in it.  (always read the ingredient list.)

Hello Rhonda.......is that you?  *woot*
I have no good advice on dressings, as I am newer to this than you are,
just wanted to say hi! haven't got my book yet, but am starting tomorrow, and will 'wing' it,
with the help of this site.
:kissed: thanks for sending me here!
cindy

Created by MyFitnessPal.com -

Thank's everyone! Everybody is so friendly and helpful! I am glad to be here.

Sorry Rhonda, I mistook you for a friend from another board......however it is still nice to meet you, and i wish you all the success possible! ;D

thank you all for the warm welcome.
cindy :cool:

This is probably a silly question as I'm sure it's not okay to eat, but what about fat free ranch? We have a ton of it sitting around the house and if it doesn't need to go to waste I'll have it with my salads.

I pack lunches all the time, and if I decide to take a dressing, I usually take about a tablespoon or two in a small container, then just dip my fork in the dressing as I am eating, and I usually leave the leftovers in the fridge at work for use the next day, or if there is not much left, I take it home, and add a bit more for the next time.  God Bless as you pack your lunches and keep on keeping ldl.

Oh gosh....how much?  Obviously, use the least fattening that tastes best to you and use it sparingly by dipping the tines of your fork into some dressing then picking up the salad on the fork and eating it, but I haven't a clue how much without knowing how much salad you're eating!  Is there a fridge at your work where you can keep a bottle of dressing and just use a bit every day?

WHOOPS!  I see while I was typing this, Mom answered your question much better than I was doing.  Follow Mom's advice!

Best wishes,

Little Mary

Thanks, mom and Mary,

Unfortunately, I was told by management that the night shift raids the refrigerator so I shouldn't leave anything in it overnight or it probably won't be there the next day. Even containers with your name and the date on them.

There was a time when I was younger that I'd be tempted to make some exlax brownies *evil* and leave them overnight. Oh well, I guess I'm finally growing up.

I'll take about a Tablespoon and see how that works. My salads aren't that large and go from there.

Thanks again guys for all your support. It's really appreciated.

CQ