Newbie Questions

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
NowVoyager
New, but learning

Newbie Questions

Post by NowVoyager »

Hello All, my name is Cindy, and I am just beginning this program.(yesterday).
I am coming from another program that left me always hungry, weak, and usually tired all day.
Looking forward to the Let's do Lunch program, but have a few questions.

Will I have plenty of energy to get through the day?
Do you really stay full?
What exercise level is acceptable for a newbie(who hasn't exercised regularly for 15 years :blush:)

Are avacado, and applesauce acceptable?
Cannot order the book until payday, so I m learning as much as possible from these boards.
Thank you for any help possible!
cindy :kiss:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTm6IS3/]
julie409
Master Member

Re: Newbie Questions

Post by julie409 »

Hi  Cindy,

Forget how you have felt on ANY OTHER PROGRAM. LDL is completely different. You eat all NATURAL unprocessed foods that are healthy and full of nutrition. Your energy will soar. You will not feel hungry and if you do - go EAT! Especially in the beginning, you are expected to eat any time you are hungry. Check out the FAQs for almost all the info you will need. The book will refine what you will have already learned. The recipes are all here too. And you can start a food journal so the Food Police can monitor and provide feedback on your daily choices.

You will notice some things and other things will just happen without you noticing until one day you say "HUH!"  For me, I was taking a LOT of supplements to help me get through the day. I have Epstein Barr and Hypothyroidism and thought I would never have energy again. I was about 2 weeks into the program when I realized I was not even thinking about taking supplements. It wasn't a conscious decision. I just KNEW I didn't need them. :stop: LDL gave me my life back! I have energy all weekend, too! I no longer need to sit on the couch and recuperate from the work week.

After the first few days, I was full between meals and my cravings were so completely gone, I wasn't even thinking about any of the old foods that had kept me enraptured all these years. That' s how it works - from the inside out. Your body is so happy it doesn't look for anything else.  :D

Exercise is a personal choice. I have a desk job and try to exercise every day. For experience, I will tell youthat weight training of any kind will help build muscle and keep your metabolism up. There is also a thread for T---Tapping that some of the members are having great success with. You should check it out!  :thumbsup:

Applesauce is fine - Mott's all natural no sugar added is good. It comes in h andy travel cups. Avocado is ok too!

So, ask away!  Come here for inspiration and support. I have never b een on any boards before. The people here are all  :angel:  :angel:  :angel:

You will do great and feel terrific!

Julie  :rose:
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

Welcome Cindy, you are going to love LDL..............Julie gave you some great advice..........Just be sure that you eat enough............eat plenty of beans and corn and you should do fine.

Martha
NowVoyager
New, but learning

Post by NowVoyager »

Thank You Julie, Martha, and Roger Troy.' :thumbsup:

All good information.....I'm realizing that it is almost 10 am my time,
I ate beans, corn, tomato, and avacado at 6 pm last night, and I haven't even
thought about breakfast yet, I am still so full. *woot*

What an odd feeling *woot* *woot* *woot*
I appreciate your comments,
have a great day!
cindy
Rhonda in SGF

Post by Rhonda in SGF »

CINDY!!!!!  (((((((hugs)))))))

So glad to see you here as I know how BOTH of us struggled to keep our sanity from HUNGER on the other PLAN!!!!

I can assure you the first week I was on this I ate like a PIG and dropped 9 POUNDs.  Now don't think you will do that every week but it sure felt good the first week!

After that the appetite dwindles tremendously because you are nourishing your body with all the nutrients it needs. 

Eat kiddo anytime you are hungry in the beginning.  Niki has great advice for the snacking issue.  At first you will need to snack some but eventually you will get to where you just do the 3 square meals per day and this helps control your blood sugars and hunger.  Check out Niki's posts because they helped me so much in the beginning as did all the posts.  These people are great supporters.

If you don't have a food processor then start saving.  I bought mine at Target on clearance for 24.00 (Black and Decker power pro II)  I love it and it makes the best "fruit ice cream"  I am addicted to it now!  :)  Smooth and creamy just like ice cream and it is ALL fruit!!!!  Unbelievable!

I buy the DOLE brand of mixed frozen fruit at Wal-Mart and throw about 3 cups in along with some stevia to sweeten and about 1/2 cup juice (sometimes I freeze watermelon juice which makes it GREAT) but any juice works.  I even sometimes throw some frozen banana slices in.  I am telling you it is YUMMO.  This is what I eat most days for breakfast and dinner.  It makes enough for both meals.  Along with some veggies beans etc if I am hungry enough.  I prefer the mixed fruits but you could use any frozen fruit you want.  I got the idea from someone on here that INVENTED the fruit ice cream recipe.  Do a search for it.  It is a wonderful recipe!!!

You will find this is the most helpful bunch of people on the internet!!!

Good Luck to ya girlfriend!

Rhonda 
NowVoyager
New, but learning

Post by NowVoyager »

Thank You Rhonda!!
    A legal 'ice-cream' eh? *woot*
sounds good!
    I'm just testing out the corn thins tonight......you know me and my 'anxiety' eating.
Did great all day, then about 8pm I got a stupid craving for Reeses Pieces....strictly a common stress snack for me.
Well, determined not to run to 7-11 and waste 2 dollars, *evil* I drank a 12oz glass of water, and opened my new
bag of corn thins.  Not at all the peanutty candy I was craving, but I sort of sawed it with my front teeth,
like a hamster eats, and it satisfied that 'munching' thing that brings me peace.
    Might become my new 'stress' snack!
The ice cream however sounds delicious, will try it soon!
So glad you sent me to LDL,
hope you are well
cindy :kissed: