Good News To Share

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
Cindi

Good News To Share

Post by Cindi »

I had a checkup at the doctor today and I thought I would share my good news. About 2 weeks ago I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. My doctor did an AC1 test a week and a half ago and it came back at 10.7 (not good) and she told me that ordinarily she would start someone with a number like that on insulin shots right away. But........  :D I have been eatting LDL now for about 6 weeks and my daily tests have been 86 (low) and 120 (high), but mostly holding in the 100-109 ranger which is really good considering I am only taking 500 mg Metformin, 1X per day. She told me to keep on doing what I've been doing and to come back in a month. She had no doubt that this great news was because of the way I've changed my diet. LDL works and my good checkup is more proof. I know some folks find it hard totally changing the way they eat but it does pay off eatting healthy. I would have preferred being able to change my ways without having something like diabetes hanging over my head but this is the way it happened for me and I'm grateful I was able to change my ways. If anyone needs a pep talk, write to me and I'll try to help you out if I can. If I can help someone by "paying it forward" I would be glad for the opportunity.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8ZhJmH/]
bamaluvr

Re: Good News To Share

Post by bamaluvr »

Hello Cindi,

That is some great news for you. I'm so happy you are doing great and feeling better. Keep up the good eating.  :thumbsup:              I hope you get better news every trip and wish you much happiness.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0ZxQHp/]

May 12 Fibromyalgia Awareness Day
Shera

Post by Shera »

That is great news!
Good on you for taking control and changing your future.

Sheral
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

What wonderful news.......Cindi you are another success story for LDL

Martha
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Way to go Cindi!  Keep up the good work and you will have another great visit in a month!  :thumbsup:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
Cindi

Post by Cindi »

Thanks everyone!
MusicManiac

Post by MusicManiac »

One of my best friends is on insulin.  I will tell her your story right away!

Thanks,
Marga
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

WONDERFUL new, cindi............eating this way can totally control diabetes and turn it from a roaring lion to a little bunny rabbit.....keep me posted and let me know what your next hgb a1c is ......................niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Cindi

Post by Cindi »

Niki-I will continue to let you know how I progress. And everyone else, I should also tell you that I take chromium and cinnamon. I really notced a difference when I started the cinnamon-might not hold true for everyone but it did for me.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Cindi, That is great news!

I am so so very happy for you!

Julie :rose:
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Cindi wrote:I should also tell you that I take chromium and cinnamon. I really noticed a difference when I started the cinnamon-might not hold true for everyone but it did for me.

Cindi,

I forgot to ask --- what does the chromium and cinnamon have to do with it?  Always like to learn!

Julie :rose:
Cindi

Post by Cindi »

Here's a good explanation that says it better then I could:

Chromium is a mineral nutrient that increases insulin sensitivity, leading to increased numbers of insulin receptors and greater binding of insulin to cells. It can reverse steroid-induced diabetes, as steroids are known to greatly deplete chromium. Chromium helps insulin to metabolize fat, turn protein into muscle and convert sugar into energy. Chromium-activated insulin increases the amount of blood sugar available for energy production by almost twenty times!

Cinnamon has been used throughout history by herbalists to promote healthy digestion and metabolism.

True Cinnamon is one form of the common spice (Cinnaminum verum bark). Experiments conducted by the USDA have shown that it can lower blood sugar by mimicking insulin, activating insulin receptors and working with insulin in the cells to reduce blood sugar by up to 20%. Cinnamon has some antioxidant benefits, whereas insulin is oxygen-reactive.
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Cinnamon also works for the opposite problem, hypoglycemia.  My sister has low blood sugar and does the daily cinnamon thing too. 
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.