what about winter squash?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
latinteacher40

what about winter squash?

Post by latinteacher40 »

Hello, all:  I'm new to the LDL program, but I've lost over 10 pounds in 3 weeks, thanks to God and to R T Wilson!  and  I think my arthritic joints, which used to love to hike in the wilderness,  are a little better already.my question:  how about occasional winter squashes, which I love?  squash soup?  thanks for the anticipated assistance with this.  latinteacher40
turkkm
Master Member

Re: what about winter squash?

Post by turkkm »

Hi latinteacher!  I am a teacher too and I teach first grade.  Welcome to LDL!  There is a LDL roasted butternut squash soup recipe that is fantastic, so I know that the squash is allowed.  You can find the recipe in the soup section, yummers!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Welcome latinteacher!

Julie's right about the fantastic roasted butternut squash soup. Check it out when you get a chance.

By the way, it's been a long time since I took Latin in High School. :thumbsup: Most of the High Schools that I know about today don't even teach it anymore. It's a shame, too. It was the foundation that I needed when I took Spanish and French....and it helped me with my career.

CQ
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

eat all the squash ya want  :inlove: and welcome to LDL you will LOVE it here and most of us too  ;D
~*~Angel of God, my guardian dear to whom God's love commits me here. Ever this day/night be at my side to light, to guard, to rule and guide.
Amen. ~*~Image
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

Welcome to LDL..........You can also make squash fries...this too is in the recipes..........squash are good any time of the year

Cookie
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Acorn squash makes a great soup,  spegetti squash great with sauce.  It is a squash but don't but the sugar to it.  Most people where I live to the sugar thing
Donna
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Latin,

You are doing fantastic!  Welcome and glad to see you on the boards!  LDL is a wonderful WOE as you have already found out.

YES YES YES, make squash and experiment with seasonings you like. All my friends here are right on.

I made spaghetti squash last week for me and my son for dinner.  He was skeptical - but he loved it. I tossed it in some evoo, crushed garlic and eggplant tomato sauce. Gosh that was good. I tossed in some sliced steak for lunch the next day - sort of like Steak Pizzaiola (lots of recipes on Food network if you are interested). It is basically Steak with tomato sauce and seasonings. Paired with the S. Squash, it is really fantastic.  :thumbsup:

I am actually hungry for that now. I will have to make it for lunch! :drool:

Oh and I agree with CQ, it is a shame about the Latin - a great foundation for any language. I actually have a Latin regents Ctf and am proud of it.  What a geek, I am!  Good for you - keeping the language alive  :thumbsup:

Have a great weekend!

Julie :rose:
latinteacher40

Post by latinteacher40 »

hello and thanks to you all for the good advice.  I feel as if I have discovered a new family and a nurturing one, at that!

and thanks for the good words about the Latin language. I taught it for 10 years and then went to law school (I have a supportive husband and sons) and became a litigation attorney until I retired.  don't usually trust people enough to admit that, but I feel OK with you!

so, everyone, Carpe Diem!  (I will come up with the Latin words for Let's Do Lunch)
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Awesome!  But for now Carpe Diem will do! :thumbsup:

Julie :rose:
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Julie409,

I second that :thumbsup: Especially since we don't know what tomorrow will bring.

CQ